PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:49 am

That sounds about right.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:51 am

OnTheIce wrote:
bootlegga wrote:
That's why I never watch that channel nowadays.

Rogers Sportsnet may not be as polished, but I there coverage tends to be a little more even.

Ah...more Toronto 'Penis Envy'.

Higher ratings and more viewers gets the big channel. It's simple economics. That game had a record audience on TSN for a Raptors game. It had more viewers than either of the game 7's on that same evening.

:roll:

Nope, I just want to see something of interest to me. I don't watch baseball or basketball (or even NFL football) - I want to root for teams I can see live, not just on TV.

I totally get why they show what they do, but they shouldn't be surprised when their viewership in the rest of the country falls into the toilet.

If TSN wants to be a regional channel instead of a national one, then that's a business decision on their part. I'm doing what the free market allows me to do - vote with my wallet and watch another channel.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:03 pm

bootlegga wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:
bootlegga wrote:
That's why I never watch that channel nowadays.

Rogers Sportsnet may not be as polished, but I there coverage tends to be a little more even.

Ah...more Toronto 'Penis Envy'.

Higher ratings and more viewers gets the big channel. It's simple economics. That game had a record audience on TSN for a Raptors game. It had more viewers than either of the game 7's on that same evening.

Nope, I just want to see something of interest to me. I don't watch baseball or basketball (or even NFL football) - I want to root for teams I can see live, not just on TV.

I totally get why they show what they do, but they shouldn't be surprised when their viewership in the rest of the country falls into the toilet.

If TSN wants to be a regional channel instead of a national one, then that's a business decision on their part. I'm doing what the free market allows me to do - vote with my wallet and watch another channel.

TV is about interest to the masses....not catering to one City as you'd like us to think.

The game was watched by millions across Canada, not just Toronto.

It was a smart business decision which appealed to Canadians, not just Toronto...despite what your anti-Toronto bias says. :D

I guess you'll be all pissy when Rogers runs Maple Leaf games in the prime spot on the prime channel on Saturday nights. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:07 pm

Wow, Boston fans once again showed how classless and dimwitted they are.
After last night's win and Subban scoring the winning goal, there were something like 17,000 tweets from Boston fans about Subban calling him a n****r.

I guess they aren't smart enough fans to know that Boston drafted Subban's brother in 2012, or that Iginla plays for the Bruins.

What a sorry bunch of dumbasses. They actually make Flyers fans seem normal by comparison.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:14 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
After last night's win and Subban scoring the winning goal, there were something like 17,000 tweets from Boston fans about Subban calling him a n****r.

I guess they aren't smart enough fans to know that Boston drafted Subban's brother in 2012, or that Iginla plays for the Bruins.

What a sorry bunch of dumbasses. They actually make Flyers fans seem normal by comparison.

Every team has a group of classless fans, Boston is no different. It's not fair to label all Boston fans as such.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:25 pm

OnTheIce wrote:

Every team has a group of classless fans, Boston is no different. It's not fair to label all Boston fans as such.

Yup, only 17,000 of them. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:44 pm

martin14 wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:

Vancouver's got 2000 more :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:57 pm

OnTheIce wrote:
martin14 wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:

Vancouver's got 2000 more :P

For now, it's only Game 1. :lol: :lol:

I guess Malcolm is sitting back, thinking, "I'm gonna play for these assholes..... Nahhhh" :)

The one guy you really gotta feel for is Iginla.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:23 pm

martin14 wrote:

I guess Malcolm is sitting back, thinking, "I'm gonna play for these assholes..... Nahhhh" :)

I think Iggy is smart enough to realise that a couple of retards don't represent the fan base or the organization.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:23 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:

Yes, some of their fans made some nasty racist remarks. Totally uncalled for but unfortunately, it's the way some people are no matter where they are.

Yet, many other Boston fans expressed shame that their fellow fans acted that way.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/p-k-subban-targeted-by-racist-tweets-after-habs-win-1.2629759

Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:29 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:

Disgraceful, but hardly applies to everyone. Subban is a great player -- I don't like him because he's an arrogant twat, not because of the colour of his skin. His antics are pretty much the very same things everyone accuses Marchand of doing (who, to be fair, is also a prick).

As for classless fans -- let's see how much the Star Spangled Banner is booed in Montreal (happens pretty much every time the Bruins play there) -- I'm sure that makes Gionta and Pacioretty very proud to play for Montreal.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:49 pm

OnTheIce wrote:
martin14 wrote:

I think Iggy is smart enough to realise that a couple of retards don't represent the fan base or the organization.

17,000 brave enough to use it on twitter (which can be tracked) is not " a couple"...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:41 pm

OnTheIce wrote:
bootlegga wrote:

TV is about interest to the masses....not catering to one City as you'd like us to think.

It was a smart business decision which appealed to Canadians, not just Toronto...despite what your anti-Toronto bias says. :D

I guess you'll be all pissy when Rogers runs Maple Leaf games in the prime spot on the prime channel on Saturday nights. :lol:

Actually, it doesn't appeal to Canadians - it appeals to Ontarians. And that's fine. It just means that they lose fans in other regions who would prefer to see ALL the hockey highlights first, instead of the Leafs, then the Jays, then the Raptors and then the rest of the NHL games. It may make fans in 416/905 happy, but despite your claims, that is not ALL of Canada. A sizeable portion perhaps, but not all of it.

FTR, I'm not anti-Toronto. I've been there twice and quite likethe place and the people.

I just have little interest in cheering for a team I can never see live - it's the same reason I don't care for the NFL/MLB/NBA much. The game is good, but if I can only watch it on TV, it's hard to get very invested in a team.

Sometimes I wonder if TSN would be better off to run all the NHL scores first, then run a commercial or two, then the rest of the TO content. I'm sure lots of people in TO change channels after they see how crappy the local teams did. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:01 pm

bootlegga wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:
bootlegga wrote:

Actually, it doesn't appeal to Canadians - it appeals to Ontarians. And that's fine. It just means that they lose fans in other regions who would prefer to see ALL the hockey highlights first, instead of the Leafs, then the Jays, then the Raptors and then the rest of the NHL games. It may make fans in 416/905 happy, but despite your claims, that is not ALL of Canada. A sizeable portion perhaps, but not all of it.

FTR, I'm not anti-Toronto. I've been there twice and quite likethe place and the people.

I just have little interest in cheering for a team I can never see live - it's the same reason I don't care for the NFL/MLB/NBA much. The game is good, but if I can only watch it on TV, it's hard to get very invested in a team.

Sometimes I wonder if TSN would be better off to run all the NHL scores first, then run a commercial or two, then the rest of the TO content. I'm sure lots of people in TO change channels after they see how crappy the local teams did. :P

Very well put but, I'd have to take exception to the part where you mention Maple Leaf's and Highlights in the same sentence since that fact hasn't occurred in 47 years. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:25 pm

bootlegga wrote:

Over a million people outside of Ontario watched the game. It's watched all over Canada and was the most watched sporting event in CANADA that evening over all 3 of the NHL game 7's.

So yes, it does appeal to Canadians outside of Ontario, despite your false claims.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 ... 35  Next