Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11641
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:58 pm
 


rickc wrote:
I think Subban got a raw deal on that offside review. I did not see anything conclusive in the video to overturn the linesman. It held up the game and killed the momentum for Nashville. Overall it was a good game with a lot of action but I don't think that the better team won tonight. It should be a good series.

Agreed.

I can see this series going to a game 7.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1993
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:52 pm
 


Getting back to the Ottawa Senators, they played a GREAT series!!! They have nothing to be ashamed of. I tip my hat to them. It sucks for them and their fans to get so close and come up empty. I know the feeling well, and it blows big time. I realize that some people will not support a team simply because they come from their country, but some will. Overall I think that a cross border element adds something to the Stanley Cup Finals. One more twist to the plot if you will. Now the two teams that are in the finals EARNED their way into the finals. I would not want to artificially introduce a cross border series at the expense of the two best teams participating, but I can empathize with a lot of Canadians that feel that they are getting the short end of the stick from the NHL. Its been a long time since a Canadian team has been in the finals. Almost all the new franchises end up in the states. Some of those cities do not even know what hockey is, or do not care. Imagine living in Quebec city. All those years of loyal patronage. The first year that they leave Quebec they win the cup! How is that not a slap in the face? Now I love professional sports. I spend money for satellite and internet packages to follow my teams. This time of the year is special. We have the NHL and the NBA championships going on. Baseball and motor sports are in full swing. I have not been posting much of late as there is so much action on TV and the net, that I cannot keep up. However there have been times where I have quit watching sports for one reason or another. Strikes are one. When millionaires go on strike and quit playing a game that I play for free, I get pissed off. If I get injured playing a sport for free, I am screwed. No one pays me for the time I miss from work. Thats on me. I will swear off the sport for good, but I eventually get sucked back in after a few years. I think the owners know this and act accordingly.

Sometimes I feel as though the ownership of my team is not trying hard enough as all the games are sold out, and they do not wish to spend any more money to improve the team because they do not have too. I am sure that some of you can relate to that. You are a great fan, and support your team only to find the ownership is taking the money and running. They play you for a fool. Why spend more money when we don't have too? Any way I can't help but feel that the lack of a Canadian team in the finals for so long is hurting the sport. When people feel that the deck is stacked against them, they lose interest. Hockey came from Canada. If a large amount of Canadians feel that they are losing their sport, its bad for the sport. I love baseball. If baseball franchises started forming south of the border and those teams started monopolizing the world series, I admit that I would be pissed. It might not be rational, but it is human nature. As long as there was an across border or all American series going on, I would keep watching. Hell I would probably keep watching even if it was an all south of the border event, but I would bitch!!! Non Americans are playing baseball (and extremely well) but they are playing on MY team! As long as big Papi was playing for my Red Sox, I was loving it. If Santo Domingo had an MLB team and he was playing for them, well I would not be so excited. Would expanding MLB south of the border be good for the sport? Maybe/ probably. Would it be good for me or my team? Probably not. Its concievable that all future world series could be played south of the border. I would not be happy.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1818
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:54 am
 


As long as that insufferable little prick Bettman is in charge, nothing - absolutely nothing will change rickc. He's a pawn of the owners and they don't give a shit about the NHL, in Canada or in the US, just as long as they are raking in the bucks.

Same applies to the video review rule on off-sides that decide goal or no goal. Butt-face Bettman just loves it and he doesn't give a shit that it might lead to taking a championship away from the team who deserved it. I love my Pens but I want them to win fair and square - no bullshit reviews.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13461
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:35 am
 


Mowich wrote:
As long as that insufferable little prick Bettman is in charge, nothing - absolutely nothing will change rickc. He's a pawn of the owners and they don't give a shit about the NHL, in Canada or in the US, just as long as they are raking in the bucks.

Same applies to the video review rule on off-sides that decide goal or no goal. Butt-face Bettman just loves it and he doesn't give a shit that it might lead to taking a championship away from the team who deserved it. I love my Pens but I want them to win fair and square - no bullshit reviews.



I agree 100% with your opening statement but, the fact is that he's really only a pawn of the unprofitable market owners. IIRC a few years ago there was a push from one of the "have" team owners to get him removed because of the hashup he made of the collective bargaining agreement and subsequent strike but, the small market unprofitable teams which make up the majority of owners wanted him kept on because he was basically instituting a revenue sharing program which would make them money no matter how shitty a market the NHL had allowed them to locate in.

So, the reality is that as long as each team has one vote, the small market money losing teams will ensure he stays on as Commissionaire since he caters to their interests much more than tothe money making teams and the NHL as a whole.

But with that being said. Don't blame Gary Bettman for being who he is, an insufferable
little prick. Blame Daniel Stern the former NBA Commissionaire who recommended him to the NHL just to get rid of the obnoxious asshat. :evil:


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1818
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:46 am
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
Mowich wrote:
As long as that insufferable little prick Bettman is in charge, nothing - absolutely nothing will change rickc. He's a pawn of the owners and they don't give a shit about the NHL, in Canada or in the US, just as long as they are raking in the bucks.

Same applies to the video review rule on off-sides that decide goal or no goal. Butt-face Bettman just loves it and he doesn't give a shit that it might lead to taking a championship away from the team who deserved it. I love my Pens but I want them to win fair and square - no bullshit reviews.



I agree 100% with your opening statement but, the fact is that he's really only a pawn of the unprofitable market owners. IIRC a few years ago there was a push from one of the "have" team owners to get him removed because of the hashup he made of the collective bargaining agreement and subsequent strike but, the small market unprofitable teams which make up the majority of owners wanted him kept on because he was basically instituting a revenue sharing program which would make them money no matter how shitty a market the NHL had allowed them to locate in.

So, the reality is that as long as each team has one vote, the small market money losing teams will ensure he stays on as Commissionaire since he caters to their interests much more than tothe money making teams and the NHL as a whole.

But with that being said. Don't blame Gary Bettman for being who he is, an insufferable
little prick. Blame Daniel Stern the former NBA Commissionaire who recommended him to the NHL just to get rid of the obnoxious asshat. :evil:


Okie dokey.........I'll hold both of the assholes to account but Buttface will remain in my sites as he is the one in charge right now.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13461
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:20 pm
 


Mowich wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:
Mowich wrote:
As long as that insufferable little prick Bettman is in charge, nothing - absolutely nothing will change rickc. He's a pawn of the owners and they don't give a shit about the NHL, in Canada or in the US, just as long as they are raking in the bucks.

Same applies to the video review rule on off-sides that decide goal or no goal. Butt-face Bettman just loves it and he doesn't give a shit that it might lead to taking a championship away from the team who deserved it. I love my Pens but I want them to win fair and square - no bullshit reviews.



I agree 100% with your opening statement but, the fact is that he's really only a pawn of the unprofitable market owners. IIRC a few years ago there was a push from one of the "have" team owners to get him removed because of the hashup he made of the collective bargaining agreement and subsequent strike but, the small market unprofitable teams which make up the majority of owners wanted him kept on because he was basically instituting a revenue sharing program which would make them money no matter how shitty a market the NHL had allowed them to locate in.

So, the reality is that as long as each team has one vote, the small market money losing teams will ensure he stays on as Commissionaire since he caters to their interests much more than tothe money making teams and the NHL as a whole.

But with that being said. Don't blame Gary Bettman for being who he is, an insufferable
little prick. Blame Daniel Stern the former NBA Commissionaire who recommended him to the NHL just to get rid of the obnoxious asshat. :evil:


Okie dokey.........I'll hold both of the assholes to account but Buttface will remain in my sites as he is the one in charge right now.


Unfortunately, only one of them is still employed. So your choices for asshole of the year have been reduced by 50%.

But, don't get me wrong I applaud you for keeping that little shit in your sights. If more real NHL fans did that we could probably make his life miserable enough to force him to consider early retirement. [cheer]


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1818
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:47 pm
 


On the other hand, with one down......the last worm crawling is now the de facto Asshole of the Year. :D

I actually loathe the little shithead even more than I loathe the NFL commish who could also vie for Asshole of the Year come to think of it. :D


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1818
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:00 pm
 


GAME 2

PENS vs PREDS



Attachment:
33f7bc73928552d943c9bd864adda0dc.jpg
33f7bc73928552d943c9bd864adda0dc.jpg [ 41.57 KiB | Viewed 714 times ]


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1818
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:12 pm
 


Another so-so period for the Pens. They were so lucky to squeeze that puck through the arm of Pekka - how that puck made it in is beyond me but I'll take to even the score. Sure hope Bonino is back for the 2nd P. The guys have to ramp it up because the Preds are all over the puck.

1 - 1 end of 1rst

Don Cherry thinks they are out of gas and the only reason they are still in the game is because of Matt. He's very disappointed in them.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1818
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:17 pm
 


Still not pleased about the Pens performance tonight - except of course for Matt Murray who is the only reason we are still in the game. I don't have a good feeling about this - the next puck in the back of the net will probably be the game winner. Will it be my Pens who get it there? I don't have a clue at this point. Preds are coming on so strong. Pekka must be getting bored.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1818
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:30 pm
 


Rock frickin' on Jake Guentzel.......what a beauty and what would we do without you.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1818
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:33 pm
 


OMG..............Wilson scores and Malkin follows that with one of his own and they chase Pekka from the net. Unreal...........never saw this coming.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1818
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:18 pm
 


Put another win in the books for my Penguins whose 3rd P was the best of the series so far.

MATT MURRAY - MY MAN OF STEEL - STOPPED 32 SOGS TONIGHT

Attachment:
th.jpg
th.jpg [ 12.56 KiB | Viewed 679 times ]


My Pens deserved to win this one tonight - that comeback in the 3rd said all it had to about the resilience of these guys. I totally agreed with the call back on Hornquist's shot though I sure felt bad for him. I was simply relieved that we already had 4 on the board so it wasn't a game-changer. And what can I say about Jake Guentzel except that the kid has some magic working for him in this series. I leave you tonight, a very very happy camper. :D


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1993
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:42 pm
 


Couple of thoughts on the game. Matt Murray needs to be asking for Mo Money!!! 38 shots on goal, only one got through. Spectacular job by Murray. Can you say Conn Smythe? I thought that he would be the only reason that Pittsburgh might win as Nashville was working harder, and making more shots on goal..........untill the third period. WOW!!! Where have these guys been hiding? I don't know what was said for the pep talk in the locker room, but it needs to be copyrighted. Pittsburgh looked like an entirely different (fresh) team in the third. Total domination. The whole period was played on Nashville's side of the ice with the exception of the one power play. Unbelievable!!!


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1818
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:42 am
 


rickc wrote:
Couple of thoughts on the game. Matt Murray needs to be asking for Mo Money!!! 38 shots on goal, only one got through. Spectacular job by Murray. Can you say Conn Smythe? I thought that he would be the only reason that Pittsburgh might win as Nashville was working harder, and making more shots on goal..........untill the third period. WOW!!! Where have these guys been hiding? I don't know what was said for the pep talk in the locker room, but it needs to be copyrighted. Pittsburgh looked like an entirely different (fresh) team in the third. Total domination. The whole period was played on Nashville's side of the ice with the exception of the one power play. Unbelievable!!!


Resilience, determination and the ability to take advantage of every chance they are given seems to define my Pens rickc. Just when I think they are down and almost out, they find a way to get the job done. They really don't care who puts the puck in the net as long as it gets there. Whether it is a kid fresh out of college, a rookie goal-tender playing in his second SCF or one of our stars, the Penguins just don't give up. As one sportscaster said, they aren't even playing their best hockey but they find a way to win. Since winning is really what it is all about - I don't care a whit that they are out-shot or out-played, they continue to prove that they will do whatever it takes to put a W on the board.

That said, I hope they have a bit more offense on display when they meet the Preds in Smashville on Saturday. A 3 or 4 goal lead early in the game will certainly help me breathe a bit easier and help still the pounding of my heart.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.