Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:22 pm

As the new canucklehead peaople are saying sundin went to vancover only for the money
and was it a good choice to go there talk about it

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:02 pm

Easy question. See me in the semi-finals. If Sundin's still healthy, still playing and we're still in them, it was a good move, and I don't care why Sundin chose to come.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:55 pm

I personally think it was a good move because he has played with the sedins before so chemistry with them
and mattias ohlund too
and they have been playing good hockey get luongo back you got a great team

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:43 pm

Sports_Master2008 wrote:
As the new canucklehead peaople are saying sundin went to vancover only for the money
and was it a good choice to go there talk about it

If it was "only for the money" then why didn't he sign the $10 million (?) deal he was offered?

The reason he chose Vancouver was becaus there was already a spot for him on teh team without having to free off cap space, which was not the case with the Rangers.
Becoming a third wheel in a major Stanley cup contender, say Red Wings, is not an option for a player like Mats, so it made perfect sense staying in Canada and playing for Vancouver.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:48 pm

OPP wrote:
If it was "only for the money" then why didn't he sign the $10 million (?) deal he was offered?

The reason he chose Vancouver was becaus there was already a spot for him on teh team without having to free off cap space, which was not the case with the Rangers.
Becoming a third wheel in a major Stanley cup contender, say Red Wings, is not an option for a player like Mats, so it made perfect sense staying in Canada and playing for Vancouver.

Because the $10M offer was for the whole season and was tabled in the summer.

I think that if he plays to his ability he is an asset to any team he is on. It was a bit risky signing a 37 year old who hadnt played in so long, but it seems he is finding is stride again. It'll be interesting to watch either way.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:02 pm

SigPig wrote:
OPP wrote:

Because the $10M offer was for the whole season and was tabled in the summer.

I think that if he plays to his ability he is an asset to any team he is on. It was a bit risky signing a 37 year old who hadnt played in so long, but it seems he is finding is stride again. It'll be interesting to watch either way.

A player putting up points like Mats has in his recent season doens't descend into a has-been over the period of half a season.

From what I could gather, the $10 mil deal was for the remainder of this season and the next?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:37 pm

OPP wrote:
A player putting up points like Mats has in his recent season doens't descend into a has-been over the period of half a season.

From what I could gather, the $10 mil deal was for the remainder of this season and the next?

No your right, but it does take alot of effort for someone at his age to maintain a level of physical fitness that allows him to play at that level. He was bound to have alot of rust when he returned.

As for his pay, not quite. In the summer they offered him a two year deal worth $20M ($10M/yr). When he signed he signed for one year at $10M that was pro-rated to something like $4.5M because the season has already started.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:21 am

He's begining to produce and more importantly he's made Kesler into a scoring machine. If this keeps up the Canucks have a good chance to go deep into the Playoffs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:38 pm

12 points in 17 games and heating up