canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 pm

Regina wrote:
Statistically they are fairly even with Crosby having a slight edge on total points per game.

Uhh no, Ovechkin has that over Crosby with the addition of having more points overall but oh well, that's pointless....
Quote:
Pretty hard to compare playoff stats since OV doesn't really have any.

Uhh what? I'd say 40 points in 28 games is a great accomplishment in the post-season. Obviously with Pittsburgh with more playoff games than Washington that's a given but a team game is what we want right??
Quote:
Crosby has carried the Stanley Cup and a Gold Medal which OV hasn't.

Pretty irrelevant. I didn't know one person was the team where the Stanley Cup was concerned. Now considering individual awards, well now we got a new story. Ovechkin wins.
Quote:
OV is an exciting player to watch but Crosby is a proven team leader.

Yes, his constant whining and crying at every infraction not called for him is just a proven team leader, not that Ovechkin is better but to say Crosby has a one up on him is groundless and baseless.

Pretty much a "I like him better than him" argument. For the record, I'm not a Ovechkin or Crosby fanboy/girl but I give credit where credit is due.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:24 am

Captain of a Stanley Cup runner up and winning team baseless? :lol:

Tampa Bay Lightning
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:27 pm

This discussion can go on forever, we can all agree that both Ovechkin and Crosby have had some good and bad moments.

Crosby winning the cup and the Olympics is a team effort, you can't just give him the spotlight. The reason why he won the Stanley cup is because he has a more rounded team. Pittsburgh doesn't need Crosby to be on his 'A' for them to win the game. Ovechkin is what the Capitals lean on for winning; when Washington gets a more rounded team; they wont lose when OV has an off night. Crosby wouldn't have scored Canada the game winner if Jerome Iginla didn't dish that sweet pass.

The difference between Crosby and Ovechkin is that Ovechkin is more aggressive when Crosby is more passive in playing styles. Being more aggressive is known to being a big part of hockey; which is why you'll get more chances when aggressive with the puck and hitting the net.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:09 pm

Ovechkin wares his heart on his sleeve and I think that makes him a bit more relatable.