Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:33 pm

I'm sure most have been asked at some point - if you had a choice would you pick Crosby or Ovechkin?

There is a poll set up, Crosby has a slight lead

http://votezebra.com/PollView.aspx?PollID=14

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Crosby. He scores, he assists, he has superior stick handling. And, unlike Ovechkin, he will fight. Ovechkin runs away when challenged and has other Capital cronies do it for him. He talks the talk, but unlike Crosby, he doesn't walk the walk.

CROSBY 4 P.M. :rock:

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:16 pm

I'll answer this with a question. How many Stanley Cups does Ovechkin have?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:22 pm

2Cdo wrote:

R=UP

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:48 pm

2Cdo wrote:

So given that logic, if Ovechkin wins two cups he automatically becomes better than Crosby? :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm not a big fan of either player. I guess cause Sid scored that one really cool goal in Vancouver, I'll vote for him.. :wink:

Tampa Bay Lightning
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:16 pm

I know a lot of you guys are going to disagree with me but I think that Ovechkin is the better player of the two. I've seen Ovechkin fight and I've seen Crosby fight, I've also seen Crosby be a cry baby. (I know I'll hated for that comment)Ovechkin owns the stat sheets.

Think what you will though.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Call me a self hating Canadian, but I would take Ovechkin anytime.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:58 pm

Until Ovechkin becomes a more complete player and not just a goal scorer he will continue to be second rate behind Crosby.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:59 pm

Freakinoldguy wrote:
2Cdo wrote:

So given that logic, if Ovechkin wins two cups he automatically becomes better than Crosby? :lol:

See my precious post. Alex is a great offensive player but not a great team player.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:59 pm

2Cdo wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:
2Cdo wrote:

See my precious post. Alex is a great offensive player but not a great team player.

I agree but winning the Stanley Cup has less to do with individual talent than being surrounded by the right players. There have been alot of great players who never won a cup.

Ovechkin is expected to carry the Capitals if they want to win, whereas Crosby doesn't necessarily have to carry the Penquins for them to be successful.

They're two different styles of hockey players and we could debate who's the best till the cows come home with no conclusive outcome.

Tampa Bay Lightning
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Sapio wrote:
Call me a self hating Canadian, but I would take Ovechkin anytime.

Than count me in being a 'self hating' canadian. But I agree; Ovechkin is my pick anytime anywhere.

Last edited by CKA_Patriot on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:09 pm

2Cdo wrote:
Until Ovechkin becomes a more complete player and not just a goal scorer he will continue to be second rate behind Crosby.

I think Ovechkin is more than a goal scorer. He is a lot tougher than Sid. Plus, ppl in the NHL and CBC just over promote Sid. They almost make him a god. If the Leafs ever got Sid I think CBC would blow its load.

Tampa Bay Lightning
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:16 pm

Sapio wrote:
2Cdo wrote:

I think Ovechkin is more than a goal scorer. He is a lot tougher than Sid. Plus, ppl in the NHL and CBC just over promote Sid. They almost make him a god. If the Leafs ever got Sid I think CBC would blow its load.

True that, they talk about him more than any other Canadian player. They totally idolize him.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:07 pm

Sapio wrote:
2Cdo wrote:

I think Ovechkin is more than a goal scorer.

You think wrong.

Quote:
He is a lot tougher than Sid. Plus, ppl in the NHL and CBC just over promote Sid. They almost make him a god. If the Leafs ever got Sid I think CBC would blow its load.

Physically he is tougher, but mentally he's a midget. I'd have to say it is probably 50-50 promotion wise between Crosby and Ovechkin. You'd think that they are the only two players in the league some nights.