Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:11 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/ ... fs674.html

Quote:
A toddler suffering from a rare terminal illness who was turned away from a Hamilton rink took to the ice at the Air Canada Centre Tuesday after taking in a Toronto Maple Leafs practice.

Tucker Patterson, 3, suffers from Leigh's disease, a debilitating genetic disorder that has him confined to a wheelchair. He cannot walk, talk or eat, but was smiling as his father and twin sister wheeled him around the ice surface at the home rink of the Leafs on Tuesday.

Tucker's family has been told that the little boy — named after former Leaf Darcy Tucker — could die one to three years after diagnosis.

"And he's already in his third year so we try to create as many memories as possible," said David Patterson, Tucker's father.

Way to go Hamilton. You should be commended for your sense of compassion :roll: :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:31 pm

Class act, Hamilton.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Good on the Leafs and Kings players who took the time to put a smile on this little boy's face and give him a happy memory R=UP

So tragic that these horrible conditions exist at all.

Anaheim Ducks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:21 pm

I have actually really, really disliked the Maple Leafs for a very long time. But just on principle you understand....

That said, they have displayed compassion and initiative in making this happen for the little fella. I gotta give the Leafs a pat on the back for that. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:03 pm

DVC185 wrote:
I have actually really, really disliked the Maple Leafs for a very long time. But just on principle you understand....

That said, they have displayed compassion and initiative in making this happen for the little fella. I gotta give the Leafs a pat on the back for that. [B-o]

I think this is grand. Yes we want our teams to win, but when they display this kind on compassion thats when I get really proud. Canada not only kicks ass (or is it arse) but they can also do a lot of class acts like this one.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:07 pm

The Leafs should draft him.

Good for the Leafs and Kings organizations. It almost makes feel bad how bad Vancouver is going to hammer them on Saturday though. Sure 'n begorrah it warms the cockles of me rusty ole heart, it does.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Are they sure it wasn't the skate with the Leafs that made him ill?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:49 pm

Regina wrote:

you're just jealous you didn't get to skate with them

:wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Not often that I get to say this, or usually even want to, but here goes:

Leafs rule! :rock:

Good stuff like this that comes out of the hockey world more than makes up for a thousand thugs like Patrice Cormier.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:28 pm

Now I understand mofre about the environment that produces people like Sheila Copps. This is major egg on face a la Timmies for the city of Hamilton. I have to wonder if the person(s) running the rink, who made the decision to turn this family away, are now looking for new employment. One can only hope.

Quote:

Sorry to make light of this, but....

The Leafs only kill the hopes and dreams of their fans. This act redeeems them .... as human beings. Not as a sporting franchise, unfortunately.

Last edited by ShepherdsDog on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 pm

kitty wrote:
Regina wrote:

you're just jealous you didn't get to skate with them

:wink:

:D

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:01 am

In yesterday's Toronto Sun was a two-page section of the Leafs' annual skate for disadvantaged children from local hospitals, etc. As much as I might get mad at the 'Buds for sucking and playing like boneheads, they always bring smiles to kids that don't get many.

Always brings tears to my eyes. Maple Leafs are always a class act, and will always be my team, regardless they win Cups or not.

-J.