canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:33 am

What's up with the crowd in Detroit lately? I've heard they haven't been selling out games and I know the fans in Detroit have gotten quite a bit more tame over the past few years. As far as I'm concerned it shouldn't be a place where I feel safe wearing my Leafs jerseys, but I have, and gotten through it without harassment...
So what's up with the Joe not selling out? Isn't like they're doing poorly this season...

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:12 am

I never heard that. I have a friend that had been to a recent game and he said the place rocked. can't remember who he said was playing the Wings but it was packed. I know the OHL team from there doesn't get many people at their games until the weather gets cold.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:51 pm

I have heard this as well. It's just whats happening to hockey in America. It's now becoming a Canadian game.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:29 am

Oh well, I'm liking the cheap tickets. That and the dollar means it's hella cheap to go to a game when I'm back in Windsor. Just wish I was home for the Leafs game, that would be a fucking awesome game to go to.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:31 am

Do you go see the Spitfires?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:33 am

To many unemployed auto workers, there was quite a few empty seats for the Flames game last night.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:08 am

I haven't been to a Spits game since... I think Spezza was still playing for them lol
Was planning to do a trip up to Sarnia for a Spits game (Spits v Sting used to be fun games to watch, not sure if the rivalry is still there though...) but I noticed that the Wings tickets were so cheap, so I changed my mind.
Dec 19 v the Kings, should be a good game, lookin' forward to seeing Cammelleri (or however you spell it)
Definitely gunna wear my Leafs jersey :P

Yeah, so many people in Windsor have lost their jobs, and I've heard things aren't going so great in Michigan...

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:27 am

Sarnia isn't doing that well now and the Spits are tied for first with the Soo. Only takes a few home and home games to get the blood going though.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:47 pm

Wings fans and Detroiters are getting soft :(
Here's the photo of us (I'm second from the left)
We walked around for hours and didn't get harassed once! The only people who even mentioned anything was the Torontonians who were sitting behind us...