Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:45 am

From the mouths of babes! [B-o]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:13 am

I guess things havent changed much since I played hockey.The mom's used to be the worst.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:43 am

That should be shown to all hockey parents every year before the season starts, and they should be made to abide the message behind those words. [BB]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:45 am

ziggy ziggy:
I guess things havent changed much since I played hockey.The mom's used to be the worst.

I used to ref minor hockey, in kingston no less. I've had to kick parents out of the arena because they were acting so badly it was not to be believed. I parent threatened me after a game as another parent praised me for finally taking action. My crime was placing my hand on the shoulder of a boy who had just thrown his stick tomahawk style after losing the game. Parents were screaming "don't touch the kids" just as others were screaming to suspend the kid.

During one game 2 boys were skating after the puck and collided together and collapsed in a heap. 2 women started screaming and nearly got into a fight, both accusing the other kid of attacking their child. The kids got up and skated away because they both knew it was an accident.

The final straw was a coach physically attacking me because he thought I had told him to go to hell.

I reffed university hockey after that but never minor hockey again. It does not surprise me that a lot of leagues have trouble attracting referees.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:51 am

Saw this a couple years ago...Yep there are some mental people out there. One peewee gold game my sons team won...ended up with the other team (not the whole team) just a couple neanderthal moms...calling the kids little cheap bastards, amongst other games.

Another ended with the coach of the other team jumping onto the floor (lacrosse) and punching out one of our players...not going to say what town they were from. Police involved to get the team (again not all) and fans out of the arena. After that game I had to get my other son to his tourney and we were walking to the truck and parked right beside us was the Mom and her two older sons (midget) from the previous game...turned to my son and told him to suck their dicks little fag. Thats when I lost it....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:49 pm

Sad but true...A good friend of mine's husband was an assistant coach for awhile in pee wee hockey. He took alot of verbal abuse from parents, mostly moms. It pissed my friend off when her boys were both playing in the minors to see other parents freaking out over the games, yelling at their own kids, other kids and at the coach for how much playing time their kid was getting. Her priority when they were that age was that they had fun and learned from it and didn't come away from a game angry or that would be the end of it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:59 am

When kids compete, parents go crazy, no matter what sport.

I was a baseball ump and saw the same thing.
My aunt wouldn't speak to me for a week once.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised this happens in chess tournaments and spelling bees. XD