Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:44 pm

I'm curious to know if people have the same opinion as I on the length of the playoffs. I remember years ago it use to end around the 3rd or 4th week of May and it seemed just right to see the Stanley Cup won around that time of year. Now that it goes into June it seems "out of sync." Are the playoffs too long? What toll does it take on the players? Would it be better, more intense hockey if it were best of 5? I think it is too long myself, and I have talked to other "die hard" fans who have said the same thing. Opinions? Concerns? Feedback? :-) 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:47 pm

I dont think it is too long....but I go thru withdrawal when there isnt any hockey....I think the players are in the highest physical shape and can handle the season being that long.....I really enjoy a long season...I cant stand baseball :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:48 pm

The NFL is considering "increasing" their regular season to 17 games. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:20 pm

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
I dont think it is too long....but I go thru withdrawal when there isnt any hockey....I think the players are in the highest physical shape and can handle the season being that long.....I really enjoy a long season...I cant stand baseball :lol:

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=18] ]In some of the games, especially after the first round, it is obvious that some of the players are so exhausted that their quality of play isn't as great because they're emotional and physically tired. All I'm saying is that if it were best of 5, the calibre of hockey would probably have the same intenisty as the first round right through until the end. Good hockey in 20 wins rather than a long drawn out 28 wins. [/font][/size

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:33 pm

DangerMouse DangerMouse:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=18] ]In some of the games, especially after the first round, it is obvious that some of the players are so exhausted that their quality of play isn't as great because they're emotional and physically tired. All I'm saying is that if it were best of 5, the calibre of hockey would probably have the same intenisty as the first round right through until the end. Good hockey in 20 wins rather than a long drawn out 28 wins. [/font][/size

Danger can you use a different colour it was hard to read....The best of 5 is a great way to go in the playoffs....there is no denying that, but if my team loses in a best of 5 I will be wondering what could have happened in a best of 7....and will eventually drive myself insane, but i guess it isnt all about me now is it... :wink:

I am also finding it really hard to sit inside while the sun is shining and a beach is so close.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:14 pm

So my point that it is too long and out of sync with the universe! Because it goes to 7 means that it is all money based which sucks. If it were 5, it would be good hockey right through til the end and will end when it should around mid to late may not into summer--SO THERE! :wink: gee is the NHLPA and NHL big wigs reading this? I sure hope so--heck I just heard that the Senators are doing well and I havent watched because my interest is elsewhere