Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:49 pm

Lets all face it the new look of the toronto maple leafs are gonna be a big team with the adding of komisarek,colton orr,rihkard wallin, colin stuart, garnet exelby.

so they will be big and tough with some few talented guys to score
and with toskala healthy hopefully he will look way better then this past year
and if not we hopefully a reliable back up in Jonas Gustavsson so with the bigger blue line and hopefully some scoring talent could the leafs possibly make the playoffs

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:53 pm

Komisarek is a one dimensional defensman, but he's great in what he do. I think it's a great add to Toronto.

For your chances to do Playoff, I don't know, but I still wish you good luck. Montreal / Toronto would be awesome in playoffs.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:03 pm

I don't know whether they've got the upfront goal scoring touch needed, but two things instantly leap to mind. Their new farm team seems to be in Sweden and with Toskala, Gustavsson and Andrew Engelage trying out for the club, Justin Pogge appears to be destined to running Lord Stanley's Mug in the Air Canada Centre concourse.

I think Felix Potvin currently has the job.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:41 am

It will be nice to see a day where opposing teams aren't manhandling the Leafs' goalie for 60 straight minutes of play.

It can only be an improvement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:40 am

I think if the leafs can make some kinda trade or sign someone who can score
even if its still only a guy who can score like 30-40 goals thats still something
cause they are building from the crease out and they got 2 good goalies in taskala when healthy and gustavsson to back him up
and good bigger defenceman to provide more punishment to opposing players trying to enter the zone and will help the penalty kill