Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:22 am

I'm rooting for Pittsburgh but they don't seem like the same team since they lost Gonchar. A Hawks vs. Penguin final would be very exciting!! Run and gun.......

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:41 am

If it comes down to a Chitown and Pens final...then i will have to say I will be backing the Hawks...**sigh**
Gotta cheer on the old ND Devils player... :D

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:51 am

Canuck fans; do not hang your heads for you cannot hang that which has already been hung.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:41 am

QBC wrote:
Out of the remaining teams...I have to say I hope that either Pittsburg or Washington win the cup. After watching that series, wow.

I'm not a big Pittsburg fan, but I would like to see the Caps win. It has been a great series and the winner of it will find their way to the finals.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:23 pm

Alta_redneck wrote:
TattoodGirl wrote:
Thanos wrote:
It'll be interesting to see the post-elimination analysis as usual. Ten bucks says that, once again just like the Flames were, the Canucks probably were covering up a fair number of injuries that began to negatively affect them.:rock:

R=UP You aint so bad after all :wink:

Typical Flamer excuse. ROTFL

Every team has 8 or 10 healthy players hanging around at this time of year. If they got a player that's going affect the team negatively because of injury, they need to be replaced.

Don't go down this path TG

Nucks got beat by a pretty good team with younger legs. :wink:

You're 100% absolutely right. It's the benefit of 25 young and healthy players that explain with total certainty why the Edmonton Oilers are doing so well in this years' playoff run and are a lock to win the Cup. Just like they did last year. And the year before.

Oh, glass-houses, thy name is Edmonton! Quit making this job of mocking you so damn easy!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:17 pm

You're 100% absolutely right. They did suck this year, I can't say that enough, you must of missed that.

The year before that they were #1 or #2 with man games lost, but you didn't hear Oiler fans whining about it. And after all that, they missed the playoffs on the last weekend of the season. They didn't cry about it, they sucked it up and went for it. It was a hell of a ride for those last 20 games.

Oh ya and the year before that, they loss game 7 of the cup final with somebody named Jussi playing goal for 6 of them. Nope no crying, just sucked it up again.

Now tape up your ankles and try to skate like a man, you'll find the pain goes away.

If you want you can go off on your gay rants, go for it. :lol:

You've showed that's all you got.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:29 pm

Speaking of extra-tender homosexual emotions being hurt, as opposed to the Oilers, the Flames (or any other team this year) didn't need to take out an ad campaign asking the fans not to boo them for being so shitty. Talk about your team-load of easily scared limp-wristers or what. That's not just light years away from the Messier era, that's light years away from the Smyth/Smith era. What kind of extra-sensitve super-queers do you guys have on that team anyway? Oh, I forgot, you guys have two players both named "Alice" on the squad. That's all the info anyone else'll ever need to know. That, and finding out that your "boys" are all sharing a cabana together on Fire Island just to bond over their extra-long summer vacation.

But anyway, have fun with your continuing curse next year, when once again the knuckle-draggers that call themselves Oilers fans get to find out the hard way that it's really not the coaches fault. It's just that an ugly, UGLY city with an eternally bad smell hanging over it like the stench of rotten onions is more than enough to keep anyone worth anything from ever wanting to play there. :twisted:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:46 pm

Thanos wrote:
Speaking of extra-tender homosexual emotions being hurt,

Aww there it is I knew you wouldn't disappoint me. :lol:

Thanos wrote:
the Flames (or any other team this year) didn't need to take out an ad campaign asking the fans not to boo them for being so shitty.

Is that a figment of your imagination? Thats one thing I missed this year.

But I know the fans set a record for games where the team was booed off the ice. At least Oiler fans know when they see a lack of effort. What do you think they should of done? Go out and buy a $200 sweater, just to sit in the stands and blend in with the rest of the choir and have a group hug.

Thanos wrote:
But anyway, have fun with your continuing curse next year, when once again the knuckle-draggers that call themselves Oilers fans get to find out the hard way that it's really not the coaches fault.

Again I couldn't agree more with that. :D

Thanos wrote:
It's just that an ugly, UGLY city with an eternally bad smell hanging over it like the stench of rotten onions is more than enough to keep anyone worth anything from ever wanting to play there. :twisted:

Hmmm, an onion smell or living under a brown haze that you can see from 50 miles away. :roll:

Yeah I'm glad I don't live in either place.

Have a great summer in Ft. Mac. [B-o]

Maybe if you have time, you can work on a letter to young Mr. Phaneuf and apologize to him for the majority of Flames fans that want him traded. I'm sure that hurt his feelings and would brighten up his time off.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:57 pm

Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!
Brokeback Oilers!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:13 am

I rest my case. ROTFL

Maybe try out a pair of those double bladed training skates.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:10 am

For those Nucks fans who might wanna know.....The Nucks farm team, the Manatoba Moose, are up 3-2 in the western confrence final in the AHL. Game 6 against the Houston Aeros is Monday night.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:49 pm

QBC wrote:
For those Nucks fans who might wanna know.....The Nucks farm team, the Manatoba Moose, are up 3-2 in the western confrence final in the AHL. Game 6 against the Houston Aeros is Monday night.

How's Hodgson doing? He made the jump up for the final games, right? Any standouts? I think I heard Grabner was doing well, and of course Cory Schneider. Anything looking good on defense?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1977 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 128  129  130  131  132