bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:45 am

Ditto. That was in incredibly classy gesture and one that won't ever be forgotten by this Oilers fan. :rock:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:16 am

[Psst! ... Habs are still goin'!]
:D

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:19 am

Good thing. They're the only Canadian team we have to cheer for. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:32 am

wildrosegirl wrote:

That used to happen a lot in the deep, dark past.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:52 am

Jabberwalker wrote:
wildrosegirl wrote:

That used to happen a lot in the deep, dark past.

I'm aware. :lol: I'd like to see that change. SOON!!

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:31 am

Vancouver vs Calgary

The Vancouver Canucks will honour one of the greatest figures in franchise history in Pat Quinn on the same night they close out a disappointing 2013.14 campaign when they host the Calgary Flames tonight at Rogers Arena.

Before the puck drops for tonight's tilts, fans in attendance will have the opportunity to reminisce about some of the best moments in Canucks' history as part of the Pat Quinn Ring of Honour ceremony. The reminiscing will continue once puck drops but it will focused on a season that started with so much promise but will come to a dispiriting end win or lose tonight as the Canucks take to the ice for the final time this season. Vancouver, who dropped a 5-2 decision last night in Edmonton to suffer their third consecutive loss, will be looking to leave their fans on a high note with a season-ending win. They have lost two in a row at Rogers Arena and four of their last five in front of their faithful overall.

The Flames are also putting the wraps on yet another failed campaign as they will miss the post-season for the fifth consecutive season. Calgary, ironically, had actually been playing some of their best hockey over the last couple of weeks winning four in a row before having that streak snapped on Friday in their home finale with a 5-3 loss to the Jets. The Flames, who bring a three-game road win streak into tonight's tilt, are looking to avoid being swept in the season series by the Canucks. Vancouver has won all four head-to-head meetings, most recently earning a 2-1 victory back on March 8 at Rogers Arena, although all four games have been close with just one contest decided by more than a single goal.

Puck drop at 6 pm PT, Pat Quinn Ring of Honour Ceremony at 5:45 pm PT - Live on Sportsnet Pacific

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:42 pm

Damn it, this d sedin injury looks really bad.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Nice victory to end the season. Really worried about daniel though.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:25 pm

At least the boys didn't end the season with a loss. Not too many things worse than loosing to the Lames..... :twisted:

Awesome goal by Corrado, atta boy!!!

Daniel's got all summer to heal up and get ready for next year.

Tough second half of the season for our boys and tough to be a Nucks fan this year. With Trevor at the helm, a new coach and GM next year, who knows, maybe I'll put the Nucks logo back into my signature.... :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:26 am

The latest word on the Canucks is that the team is too old and needs new blood to bring them back into competition. It seems to me they are all still grasping at straws as to why the Canucks imploded in January, after tying the team record for the best December in the team's history. Does nobody in the organization understand that when you play your best players more and more each and every game, more ice time than they have ever played before, it's going to finally take a toll on their overall ability to play to their usual high standard? As far as I'm concerned that's exactly what happened beginning in January, which explains why the whole team stopped preforming all at the same time. This isn't rocket science, I just don't see how the team has managed to ignore this fact. I definitely hope common sense takes over before the team starts to make major changes in this prolonged off season.

Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:35 pm

I know this thread is over but, thanks for Weise, just won game 1 for us.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:39 pm

That was pretty cool...... :rock:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:02 am

The final act of the season is the giving out of the........

2013-14 Canucks' Season Report Card

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 38  39  40  41  42