canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:43 pm

They made a good effort, but should have started a few games ago.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:44 pm

sandorski sandorski:
Nooooooooo

Yes.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:45 pm

shit....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:47 pm

I gotta admit, this was the most entertaining first round series. Bad blood, lots of hitting, some nice play making. Well done Calgary.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:49 pm

Hyack Hyack:

shit....

yup :lol: :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:51 pm

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
If there's any team that's comfortable playing 3 goals down, it's the Flames. Their in their room high 5ing each other saying we got them right where we want them. :lol:

ROTFL [cheer] [cheer] [cheer] [cheer] ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:56 pm

I can hear the yelling coming from the tavern two blocks away. Everyone's out right now driving around, honking the car horns, and waving the flags. With all that red & black out there the fucking place will look like a Nuremburg rally before too long. :twisted:

Congrats to Staj for being the one who scored the winner, especially since he and his wife lost their little boy last year. Good things happen to good guys eventually. [cheer]

Condolences to the Canucks and their fans. You've been a great team for a long time. Maybe you need to tweak a few things here and there or start on a mild youth movement/rebuild or something. But you're all great folks. Don't give up hope and you'll do it someday! [B-o] [/thanos - five beers in :twisted:)

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:38 am

Thanos Thanos:
Maybe you need to tweak a few things here

What the team needs now and has needed for years now is a true leader, not just a team captain but a leader, someone who can inspire the team and get them to play as a team, and for the team, without that the Canucks will continue to flounder around on the outskirts of the cup finals.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:08 am

I was only kidding about the 3 goal lead curse. 8O

But I wasn't kidding about the Canucks having trouble winning the tough games. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:25 am

Hyack Hyack:
Thanos Thanos:

What the team needs now and has needed for years now is a true leader, not just a team captain but a leader, someone who can inspire the team and get them to play as a team, and for the team, without that the Canucks will continue to flounder around on the outskirts of the cup finals.

Attachments:
images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg [ 12.24 KiB | Viewed 345 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:00 am

Hyack Hyack:
Thanos Thanos:

They need another Pavel Bure Speed, excitement, goal scoring.
Get away from the big goaltender is the difference mindset and put the puck in the net.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:02 am

As optimistic as I try to be when we at least make the playoffs, I just did not have a good feeling about this year.

Oh well.

See y'all in the VanCan 2015/16 thread.

[B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:05 am

herbie herbie:
Get away from the big goaltender is the difference mindset and put the puck in the net.

I'm kinda sick myself of seeing that in the Habs. Can't wait to see them get a player who can actually put the puck in the net once in a while, even if the goalie is a bit weaker. Seeing them winning and losing 1-0 games isn't good for my heart.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:10 pm

When the Flames moved over the last couple of years from overly worrying about defense to putting lots of shots on the net whenever possible their scoring shot up dramatically and at the same time their goals-against didn't collapse either. Most of all when the guys are told to take as many shots as they can they just seem to have more fun playing and when they're having a good time out on the ice the whole team seemed to improve.

Never figured out the type of coaches who obsess over those 1-0 or 2-1 games as being the way the team should be all the time. You can have a murderer's row of a defense corps and a brick wall of a goalie. No scoring though? Eventually you run into a team that wins more 4-3 or 3-2 games, and has the capability to suddenly turn other games into a firewagon rout, and all that defense means absolutely nothing. Look at the last Habs-Sens game as proof. A few minor lapses by the Montreal defense and goalie and Ottawa suddenly stakes themselves a lead that the lacklustre Habs offense just can't catch up to. I'm pretty sure that by the end of that game the Montreal fans would have given up every little bit of defensive supremacy they had to have the top two lines from a team like the Flames playing for them instead, just because the improved offense would mean a three-goal deficit could turn on a dime into a stunning comeback. The Flames did that all season too, which proves convincingly that letting your offensive players do what comes naturally to them is just as important, or even far more important, than trying to create an impregnable defense.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:41 pm

raydan raydan:
herbie herbie:

I'm kinda sick myself of seeing that in the Habs. Can't wait to see them get a player who can actually put the puck in the net once in a while, even if the goalie is a bit weaker. Seeing them winning and losing 1-0 games isn't good for my heart.

Been seeing it for 15 - 20 years now, and the results speak for themselves.

You could see 5 minutes after the first goal in the last game, that they were going to
ride that 1 - 0 lead for the rest of the game... *groan*

To be fair, the Habs had several other chances, but they seem to just not be able to score the big goals in the big games.

They need to change up and get 2 - 3 goonish players who can score big time goals.

The last time I heard "firewagon hockey" in Montreal, I had to google the player's name,
because I flat out forgot....

Denis Savard. :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1034 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 64  65  66  67  68  69  Next