Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:48 pm

Damn, no matter what else, I think the guys are playing a great game so far this year. Both the PP and PK are looking a lot better than last year and should show some great results the farther we get into the season. As for tonight......screw Stamkos and the posts..... :)

Next game goes Tuesday against the Stars in Dallas.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:28 am

Hyack, I disagree. I do think this team can shape up to be a team as good as the one that made it to the Stanley Cup finals a couple years ago.

That said, they need to develop better chemistry. There was too many incidents of there being 2, 3, or even 4 players within 10 feet of each other where only 1 or 2 were warranted. They need to spread out to the open areas, move the puck more, and shoot on net more.

They also need to stop relying on the Sedins' line so much. Yes it is shaping up to be a fantastic front line, hell I already remember Vrbata's name off by heart. But a good front line gets you past shit teams like the Lames and the Oilers. It takes a good team to get past the top teams and, in this case, Stamkos and a case of bad luck.

As for defence, I think the last 3 minutes of last night was proof that defence isn't an issue that needs to be worked on at this time.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:40 am

It was an ok game.

I'm not going to analyze them until we get at least 10 games in.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:47 am

Canadian_Mind wrote:
Hyack, I disagree. I do think this team can shape up to be a team as good as the one that made it to the Stanley Cup finals a couple years ago.

Try making the playoffs first, then worry about the cup. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:34 pm

It was a good game for giving us a reality check before we got too ahead of ourselves. They didn't stink out the place though. It could have gone either way with a couple of breaks.

This week coming up should sharpen the focus with two decent teams and the Avalanche presenting the test. The Blues and the Avalanche are back to back. If the Canucks can win two out of three, I'll start planning first round, playoff parties. But that's as optimistic as reason allows this early.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:46 am

I got to watch a bit of Fridays game. They did not look to bad in the 1st period. There did not seem to be to much of a gap between the lines. This is still early for a group of guys who have not been playing together that long. There is hope for improvement and no major gaps in talent that looks to need filling at this point.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:49 pm

Vancouver at Dallas

The Canucks look took bounce back from their first loss of the season tonight when they begin a three-game road trip in Big D taking on the Stars.

It will be a homecoming of sorts tonight for Canucks coach Willie Desjardins as he leads his team into battle against a Stars team he was once the associate head coach for and, last year, guided their farm team to an AHL championship. Willie's biggest reason for wanting to win, however, won't be personal. His primary concern is making sure the Canucks don't suffer their first slump of the season by dropping a second consecutive game and starting an early but crucial road trip with a loss. Vancouver fell 4-2 to Tampa Bay on Saturday night at Rogers Arena despite turning in a solid effort and out-shooting Steven Stamkos' crew 32-24 in that outing.

The Stars are hoping to avoid a second straight loss as well tonight when they wrap-up their short two-game home stand. They are coming off a 6-5 overtime loss to the Flyers on Saturday in a game they felt like they handed away after squandering third period leads of 4-2 and 5-4. The Stars dominated last year's season series against the Canucks winning all three head-to-head meetings while out-scoring Vancouver by a combined 12-3. They were particularly dominant at the American Airlines Center amassing 10 goals on 48 total shots over two games played there while chasing Canuck starting goaltenders in both outings. Ryan Miller, who sat out Saturday's loss to the Lightning after posting a 28-save shutout win over the Oilers the night before, is expected to be back between the pipes for the Canucks. Kari Lehtonen has been the primary go-to-goalie for the Stars so far this season and should get the nod in this one for Lindy Ruff's squad.

Puck drop at 5:30 pm PT – Live on Sportsnet Vancouver Hockey,

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:34 pm

End of the 1st......

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:37 pm

oh, it's gonna be like this.... [hockey]

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Tonight was not Miller time...... :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:41 pm

Hyack wrote:
Tonight was not Miller time...... :roll:

:lol:

Well, we've sucked playing the Stars for awhile...but vrbata just scored, so maybe....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:58 pm

On the bright side, they are not giving up and have had a lot of real good chances from hard work.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:58 pm

woot, kassian closes the gap

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:42 pm

woo hansen, just 3 more for the tie....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:09 pm

glad that's done

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1034 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  9 ... 69  Next