bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:13 pm

I get two Sportsnet channels, but I've only seen one regular season Canucks game so far. The rest I got on the radio.

Sportsnet seems to think it's a priority Vancouverites should be subjected to whatever is happening in Toronto or America on their main channels.

If you want the local games you have to buy their upper channels.

It's always extra for the good stuff.

Oh well, the season's young.

But so far Sportsnet sucks.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:47 pm

Projected lines for today's game.....

#1 - Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Radim Vrbata

#2 - Alexandre Burrows - Brandon Sutter - Jannik Hansen

#2 - Sven Baertschi - Bo Horvat - Jake Virtanen

#4 - Brandon Prust - Jared McCann - Derek Dorsett

One of the Canucks' top lines from last season, the Sedin twins and Vrbata, officially reunites tonight. All three have had their struggles early this season, in particular the point-less Vrbata. Bringing them back together might just be the cure to what ails them individually right now.

In three home games so far, the Canucks have held a lead for just 17:16 in total time and not at all since the home opener. They've played catch-up hockey for 81:47 over those three games.

The last time, before this season, the Canucks went winless in their first three home games was 1995......(0-2-1)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:06 pm

woo vrbata for the tie

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:06 pm

Vrbata gets his first of the year.....finally!

**edit**....Vrbata gets credit for his first of the year!

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:19 pm

That was a Canuck's power play....!!?? 8O 8O

The Sens had better scoring opportunities than the Canucks!!!..... :evil: :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:25 pm

woohoo ppg h sedin for the lead

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:27 pm

Hank on the PP.....Image

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:25 pm

blarg, good pressure with the extra man, just couldn't get the tieing goal.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:55 pm

Too bad. A pretty good game though.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:01 pm

Damn, that really sucks....3-2.....The Sens first win here since Feb 2001.....

Out-shot 35-25, out scored 3-2 and the Sens even took more penalties, 6 minutes to 4...

0-2-2 the first time the Canucks have lost their first 3 home games since the 94-95 season.....I don't know about losing their first 4 home games..... :roll: :roll:

Hope the guys can get their shit together before Detroit comes to town on Saturday....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:22 am

:evil: Last I had heard it was 2-2 but seemed Vancouver still had the momentum. Not saying the season is lost but so far I'm not hearing/seeing a team set for a run at the cup.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:59 am

stratos wrote:
:evil: Last I had heard it was 2-2 but seemed Vancouver still had the momentum. Not saying the season is lost but so far I'm not hearing/seeing a team set for a run at the cup.

Of course, every game, every point is important, losing four out of your first four home games is definitely disappointing but, it's too early in the season to start worrying about the team's win/loss record. As long as the Canucks can keep the other teams in the division in sight things aren't completely lost.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:02 am

Hyack wrote:
stratos wrote:

Of course, every game, every point is important, losing four out of your first four home games is definitely disappointing but, it's too early in the season to start worrying about the team's win/loss record. As long as the Canucks can keep the other teams in the division in sight things aren't completely lost.

[B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:21 pm

Want some hope, Stratos?

Hunter Shinkaruk got his first hat trick down in Utica, and Brock Boeser got his team's first hat trick from a freshman in his college league. Elsewhere from Canuck's in college, our goaltender of the future, Thatcher Demko, is standing them on their heads.

And did you know we had a little mini-Subban playing for us in Utica? They say he does amazing things. If a little guy can make it on defense in the NHL and he does, won't that be fun?

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:28 pm

Vancouver vs Detroit

The Canucks continue the quest for their elusive first home win tonight when they welcome the Detroit Red Wings to Rogers Arena.

At the outset of this five-game home stand, it looked like the Canucks had a prime opportunity to create some distance in the standings between them and their divisional rivals. Three losses in a row later, Vancouver's focus shifts to trying not to lose too much ground by salvaging a couple of wins in these next two outings starting with tonight against the Red Wings. Thursday's loss to the Capitals might have been the most disappointing of the home stand so far as they squandered a third period lead to fall 3-2.

If there was an ideal opponent for the Canucks to finally bump their slump against, it would be the struggling Red Wings. Detroit comes into tonight's game having lost four in a row including falling 3-2 in overtime last night to Calgary. While it's not exactly pulling out all stops just yet, the Canucks will make a rare change to their back end tonight with Yannick Weber dressing in place of Matt Bartkowski. Forward Derek Dorsett is questionable for tonight's game after sitting out practice yesterday.

Puck drop at 7 pm PT – Live on CBC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 672 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  9 ... 45  Next