Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Hyack wrote:
The Canucks, who will start Ryan Miller in goal for the 13th time in 15 games, are not mathematically eliminated from the Stanley Cup Playoffs, but they trail the Nashville Predators by 16 points for the second wild card into the Stanley Cup Playoffs from the Western Conference with 10 games remaining.

:twisted:

:mrgreen:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:00 pm

Crap. I think the game may have taken a different direction if not for that goal St. Louis got that I think was offside. Officials didn't see it that way though.

Oh well.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:00 am

Vancouver at Minnesota

CANUCKS (29-35-9) at WILD (44-23-6)

After a 4-1 loss at the St. Louis Blues on Thursday, the Canucks, 1-5-2 in their past eight games, were mathematically eliminated from Stanley Cup Playoff contention. "You try to keep yourself kind of positive and stay energized, but it's tough when you're out of [the playoff race]," center Brandon Sutter said after practice Friday. "It's not easy, it's kind of a tough time of year, but you've just got to keep pushing through, and the more character we show in that kind of helps us next year. Just trying to get better." Backup goaltender Richard Bachman will start, and No. 1 Ryan Miller will start against the Winnipeg Jets on Sunday, Desjardins said. Goaltender Jacob Markstom, out since Feb. 16 with and illness, and forward Jayson Megna, who missed one game with an upper-body injury, took part in full practices Friday but aren't expected to return this weekend, according to coach Willie Desjardins. "[Megna's] close," Desjardins said. "I don't know if he'll see the next two games but he's close … and [Markstrom's] back and he's good. He'll be a couple games. He won't factor into these next two, but it's good that he's back and he should be ready next week." Backup goaltender Richard Bachman will start, and No. 1 Ryan Miller will start against the Winnipeg Jets on Sunday, Desjardins said.

Puck drop at 11:00 am PT

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:00 am

Just turned on the radio.

They seem to be saying Brock Boeser is going to play. I guess his college team is finished.

There's hope he's the scoring star of the future.

I think I heard them say he'll be on the 4th line so can't expect much this time. It will be interesting to see if he can skate at least.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:52 am

But no...was he on a line with the Sedins? Looked good anyway. No score after the first.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Boeser scores with 8 minutes left in the second. 3-0 Vancouver. On the Horvat line.

Go kids!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:46 pm

4-0 going into the third.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:40 pm

4-2 final, but ahh...Bachman lost his shutout in the final minutes.

And Ahh...Boucher could have had a hat trick at the end, but missed the open net.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:43 pm

N_Fiddledog wrote:
4-2 final, but ahh...Bachman lost his shutout in the final minutes.

And Ahh...Boucher could have had a hat trick at the end, but missed the open net.

Damn! So close to the SO!

A good game by the guys though!

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Boeser scores his first NHL goal....

Boucher misses out on his first NHL hat trick.....

Bachman misses out on his 3rd NHL shut out....

The Canucks win their first game in regulation time in 9 games.....

Their next game is Sunday (today) in Winnipeg at 5:00pm PT

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:16 am

Have the Canucks found next year's backup goaltender to Markstrom, should Miller leave next year as they suspect he might?

The general feeling seems to be Thatcher Demko should have at least another year on the farm to develop into the star goaltender they expect him to.

But Bachman is surprisingly good lately. Why couldn't he be Markstrom's NHL backup next year? Is it worth the headache to sign Miller for another year?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:33 am

N_Fiddledog wrote:
Have the Canucks found next year's backup goaltender to Markstrom, should Miller leave next year as they suspect he might?

The general feeling seems to be Thatcher Demko should have at least another year on the farm to develop into the star goaltender they expect him to.

But Bachman is surprisingly good lately. Why couldn't he be Markstrom's NHL backup next year? Is it worth the headache to sign Miller for another year?

I'm ok with it either way. Miller has been a very good goaltender but should he choose to leave then I'm perfectly happy with Bachman.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:41 pm

Vancouver at Winnipeg

CANUCKS (30-35-9) at JETS (33-35-7)

Forward Jack Skille won't play for the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday after sustaining an ankle injury in the second period of a 4-2 win against the Minnesota Wild on Saturday. "I wouldn't expect to see Skille in the line-up for a while," coach Willie Desjardins said after the game. The Canucks held an optional morning skate Sunday and Alex Biega is expected to take Skille's spot in the lineup. The Canucks are 2-5-2 in their past nine games. After scoring his first NHL goal at 11:51 of the second period in his first NHL game on Saturday, forward Brock Boeser, who signed an entry-level contract with the Canucks on Saturday a day after the University of North Dakota were eliminated from the NCAA tournament, said the past few days have been a whirlwind. "It's been crazy," Boeser said. "That was a great day and an awesome experience for all my family and friends, but it's out of the way now. It was a blast to be a part of that but I have to move on now and try and help the team any way I can to get some wins here. I think I'm slowly starting to come back down, finally, and kind of realize what yesterday was."

Puck drop at 5:00 pm PT

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:44 pm

Two PP goals for the Jets was all it took to give the Jets a 2-1 win over the Canucks. The Canucks start a 3 game home stand against their West coast rivals with a game against Anaheim on Tuesday, followed by LA on Thursday and San Jose on Sunday.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:53 pm

Anaheim at Vancouver

DUCKS (41-23-11) at CANUCKS (30-36-9)

Top-pair defenseman Troy Stecher won't play against the Ducks after sustaining an upper-body injury during a 2-1 loss at the Winnipeg Jets on Sunday. But Stecher, who leads Canucks defensemen with 24 points (three goals, 21 assists) in 65 games as a rookie, isn't expected to be out long. "He was better than we thought he would be," coach Willie Desjardins said. "There might be an outside chance Friday (against the Kings)." Vancouver has two wins in its past 10 games and was eliminated from the playoffs on Thursday, midway through a 2-3-0 road trip. Twenty-year-old forward Brock Boeser will make his home debut. He played his first NHL game against the Minnesota Wild on Saturday. Boeser, who signed with the Canucks on Saturday after his college season with the University of North Dakota ended Friday, scored the game-winner against the Wild and played 17:52 on Sunday against the Jets. "It's been a whirlwind but it's been fun," said Boeser, who was selected by the Canucks in the first round (No. 23) of the 2015 NHL Draft. Vancouver signed free-agent forward Griffen Molino Tuesday to a two-year, entry-level contract after the 23-year-old had 33 points (15 goals, 18 assists) in 40 games during his second season at Western Michigan University.

Puck drop at 7:00 pm PT

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 32  33  34  35  36  37  38  Next