Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:06 pm

N_Fiddledog wrote:
I saw this when it happened but I didn't really get a chance to study it.

So now I have and OMG where were the referees? Same as the last one when he was body slammed on his head onto the ice and got a concussion. Where were his teammates? Is it open season on Elias? If I was his parent I'd advise him to ask for a trade to a team that can protect him.

No wonder the Canucks got beat 2-0 that night and 5-0 tonight. They should be too ashamed to even skate onto the ice.

I fully agree with you, first off where were the officials.....waiting in line at Timmy's .......

Secondly, where were his teammates??? There was once a time when someone from his team would go out and show their displeasure with the takedown by Kotkaniemi last Thursday in Montreal along with the bodyslam by Matheson in Florida last October. We need someone like Todd Bertuzzi who would make sure shit like this doesn't happen to our star player.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:21 pm

Elias Pettersson remains upbeat about injury status, and off crutches

Quote:
TORONTO — The good news would seem to be that Elias Pettersson isn’t on crutches and insists he has no problems walking.

The bad news is that this is even a discussion point.

The Vancouver Canucks rookie injured his right knee early in the second period of Thursday’s NHL game in Montreal, after getting tangled up with Canadiens forward Jesperi Kotkaniemi.

After lying on the Bell Centre ice for several minutes, Pettersson was able to skate off under his own power. He went to the dressing room and never returned to the game.

On Friday, Pettersson visited the Hockey Night in Canada studios to record an interview with Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos. Pettersson won’t be playing in Toronto.

During the visit, he confirmed his knee was injured but wouldn’t know how serious it is until after an MRI examination.

“I’m walking fine. I feel better today than yesterday, so that’s good,” he said.

Full story

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:15 am

Hyack wrote:
The Vancouver Canucks rookie injured his right knee early in the second period of Thursday’s NHL game in Montreal, after getting tangled up with back-jumped by Canadiens forward Jesperi Kotkaniemi.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:55 pm

Arizona at Vancouver

Coyotes (18-21-3) at Canucks (20-21-4)

The Vancouver Canucks will try to end a goal-scoring slump when they play the Arizona Coyotes at Rogers Arena on Thursday.

The Canucks have lost three of their past four games by shutout, most recently 5-0 to the Toronto Maple Leafs on Jan. 5.

The Coyotes are 1-2-1 in their past four and come off a 5-0 win against the New York Rangers on Sunday.

Canucks goalie Jacob Markstrom is 9-3-0 with a 2.08 goals-against average and .930 save percentage in his past 12 starts.

Archibald did not travel to Vancouver because his wife is due to give birth to their second child. Leivo skated Thursday but there is no timeline for his return.

Horvat has two assists in his past six games.

Game time 7:00pm PT

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 pm

WTF!!! My favourite channels list contains 89 channels.....why is it the only one screwed up is 223.....which at 7:00pm started showing the Canucks/Coyotes game.....
Damn pic is bouncing around like crazy between the Canucks game and some damn Basketball game...... :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:57 pm

Second period goals by Baertschi, his 5th and Gaudette, his 3rd saw the game tied 2-2 going into the 3rd. After Arizona scored midway through the period, Baertschi scored his 2nd of the night and 6th of the season with less than 5 minutes to play taking the game into OT. Panik scored at 4:10 into the period to give the Coyotes the 4-3 win. The Canucks outshot Arizona 36-22 and both teams were held to 0/2 on the PP. The next game for the Canucks will be on Sunday when they host the Florida Panthers.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:51 am

Hyack wrote:
WTF!!! My favourite channels list contains 89 channels.....why is it the only one screwed up is 223.....which at 7:00pm started showing the Canucks/Coyotes game.....
Damn pic is bouncing around like crazy between the Canucks game and some damn Basketball game...... :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

Same thing happened to me.

The dicks.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:13 pm

N_Fiddledog wrote:
Hyack wrote:

Same thing happened to me.

The dicks.

I had no issues watching the game, mind you I missed the first period if that's when the issues happened.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:32 pm

Florida at Vancouver

Panthers (17-18-8) at Canucks (20-21-5)

The Florida Panthers will try to end a season-long five-game losing streak (0-3-2) when they play the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena on Sunday.

The Canucks have lost three straight (0-2-1) after going 9-3-1 in their previous 13. They've been shut out three times in their past five games.

Canucks center Bo Horvat has two assists in his past eight games after getting nine points (five goals, four assists) in his previous eight.

Pettersson could return against the Edmonton Oilers on Wednesday. He skated Friday and Saturday for the first time since spraining his right knee Jan. 3.

Leivo, who missed three games with back spasms, is a game-time decision but practiced on a regular line Saturday.

Green would not discuss the starting goalie Saturday and the Canucks did not skate Sunday, so Demko could play his first NHL game this season and second of his career after being called up from Utica of the American Hockey League on Friday.

Boeser has two assists in his past five games.

Game time 4:00pm PT

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:26 pm

Awesome game by our guys tonight.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:18 pm

Everybody came to work today. It was a lunchbucket win and a good one. :rock:

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:42 pm

Eriksson opened the scoring in the 2nd period with his 8th of the year. Florida tied the score 1-1 in the 3rd before Hutton scored his 5th. With about three minutes left to play Florida pulled Luongo giving both Boeser, his 15th and Beagle, his 2nd, empty net goals. With Luongo back in the net Granlund scored his 7th giving the Canucks the 5-1 win. Vancouver outshot Florida 36-24 and both teams went 0/2 on the PP. The Canucks next play on Wednesday when they host the Oilers.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Hyack wrote:
Vancouver outshot Florida

Sorry, but there's a bunch more shootings in Florida than in Vancouver! :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:29 pm

Edmonton at Vancouver

Oilers (22-21-3) at Canucks (21-21-5)

Vancouver will be without its top scorer, rookie forward Elias Pettersson (knee), for a fourth straight game. The Canucks are 1-2-1 in their past four games after going 9-3-1 in the previous 13.

Canucks center Bo Horvat has three assists in his past nine games and is two points from 200 in the NHL.

Pettersson took part in the optional morning skate and could return Friday against the Sabres.

Goldobin, who has no points in his past five games but is fourth on the Canucks in scoring with 23 points (five goals, 18 assists) in 44 games, will be scratched for the third time in six games.

Boeser has one goal in his past four games after getting five points (two goals, three assists) in his previous four.

Game time 7:00pm PT

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:36 pm

The Oilers opened the scoring in the first with a SH goal, followed by Sutter scoring his 4th of the year on the same PP. Edmonton scored while on the PP with less than a minute to play in the 1st, taking a 2-1 lead into the 2nd period. In the 2nd period Granlund scored his 8th to tie the score and with no more scoring took the game to OT which also went scoreless. The SO went to the 5th round before the Oilers scored, taking the game 3-2. Edmonton outshot the Canucks 30-22 and were held to 1/3 on the PP while the Canucks went 1/4. The Canucks next play on Friday when they host the Buffalo Sabres.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 13  14  15  16  17  18  19 ... 22  Next