bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:52 pm

Wow. I wasn't expecting to see Dipietro start in goal tonight but apparently Markstrom is ill.

Tough start of the game for him with those 3 quick goals but hopefully our guys can get it together and rally back.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:36 pm

Oh my...I forgot all about the game tonight. Dipietro was in net? Poor kid. Talk about getting thrown to the wolves. It was San Jose, wasn't it?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:25 am

I hear Zack MacEwan performed decent in his debut, in spite of the team loss.

It's good he hung in there and performed. We can use another big, speedy power forward with grit. Hope he can keep it up...maybe improve even. Bertuzzi 2.0, who wouldn't want one of those?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:00 pm

N_Fiddledog wrote:
I hear Zack MacEwan performed decent in his debut, in spite of the team loss.

It's good he hung in there and performed. We can use another big, speedy power forward with grit. Hope he can keep it up...maybe improve even. Bertuzzi 2.0, who wouldn't want one of those?

Yes, he certainly did. They showed his parents, girlfriend and another family member (I don't remember who) in the crowd and they looked pretty thrilled when he got an assist on a goal. I think someone went and grabbed the puck for him as a keepsake.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:17 pm

OK, this is just dreaming but I have fun with it so I'll share.

Power forwards take longer than the average player to peak so we don't know what we've got yet with Jake Virtanen and Zack MacEwan.

But just imagine...what if...

Cam Neely 2.0 and Todd Bertuzzi 2.0 on the same team. Just imagine it.

Even falling short of that though. For awhile there we were team cream puff, soft as butter, but now add Beagle and Roussel to Zack and Jake and maybe we're not or won't be much longer.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:10 pm

Vancouver at Los Angeles

Canucks (25-26-7) at Kings (23-28-5)

The Vancouver Canucks look to end a four-game road losing streak when they visit the Los Angeles Kings at Staples Center on Thursday.

The Canucks, 0-3-1 in their past four games away from Rogers Arena, have lost two straight and are 1-4-1 in their past six games after going 4-1-1 in their previous six.

They lost 1-0 at the Anaheim Ducks on Wednesday. Vancouver is two points behind the Minnesota Wild for the second wild card into the Stanley Cup Playoffs from the Western Conference.

Canucks center Elias Pettersson has nine points (three goals, six assists) in nine games since he returned from a knee injury.

Markstrom is expected to start in the second game of a back-to-back, with Mazanek remaining on the ice after the morning skate for additional work on Thursday.

Boeser is two points shy of 100 in the NHL.

Game time 7:30pm PT

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:12 pm

I'm rooting for Vancouver! [flag] [cheer]

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:49 pm

Vancouver at San Jose

Canucks (26-26-7) at Sharks (34-17-7)

San Jose has a 12-game point streak (11-0-1) against Vancouver; the Canucks have not defeated the Sharks since a 4-2 win at SAP Center on March 31, 2016. San Jose has won seven straight home games against Vancouver.

The Canucks, 2-4-1 in their past seven games after going 4-1-1 in their previous six games, are one point behind the Minnesota Wild for the second wild card into the Stanley Cup Playoffs from the Western Conference.

Canucks forward Elias Pettersson has 11 points (four goals, seven assists) in 10 games since returning from a knee injury.

The Canucks acquired forward Ryan Spooner in a trade with the Edmonton Oilers for forward Sam Gagner on Saturday. Spooner has five points (three goals, two assists) in 41 games with the New York Rangers and Oilers this season.

Virtanen was placed on injured reserve, opening a roster spot for Spooner.

Boeser is one point shy of 100 in the NHL.

Eriksson is playing in his 900th NHL game.

Game time 7:00pm PT

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:53 pm

Arizona at Vancouver

Coyotes (27-28-5) at Canucks (26-27-7)

The Arizona Coyotes and Vancouver Canucks will try to pass one other and move closer to the second wild card into the Stanley Cup Playoffs from the Western Conference when they play at Rogers Arena on Thursday.

Arizona and Vancouver each has 59 points, two behind the Colorado Avalanche, who hold the second wild card, and Chicago Blackhawks, and one point behind the Minnesota Wild.

Vancouver is 2-5-1 in its past eight games after going 4-1-1 in its previous six.

Ryan Spooner, acquired in a trade with the Edmonton Oilers for Sam Gagner on Saturday, will make his Canucks debut on a line with Elias Pettersson and Brock Boeser.

Canucks center Elias Pettersson has 12 points (four goals, eight assists) in 11 games since returning from a knee injury.

Edler and Demko skated on their own but there is still no timetable for their return.

Boeser has scored in consecutive games.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:46 pm

I'm of two minds.

Once the game starts I am, naturally, yay! [cheer] Win.

But I can't pretend not to notice if we lose it will put us in position to draft 7th and that would be a very good place to be come draft day.

If we win and everybody above us loses we could be tied for drafting 12th. Not so good.

Whatever...Go Canucks. :rock:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:49 pm

New York Islanders at Vancouver

Islanders (35-18-7) at Canucks (26-27-8)

The New York Islanders will try to increase their lead atop the Metropolitan Division when they visit the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena on Saturday.

The Canucks have lost two straight (0-1-1) and are 2-5-2 in their past nine games after going 4-1-1 in their previous six games.

Vancouver is four points behind the Minnesota Wild for the second wild card into the Stanley Cup Playoffs from the Western Conference.

Canucks center Elias Pettersson has 12 points (four goals, eight assists) in 12 games since returning from a knee injury.

Roussel missed the morning skate with an illness and will be a game-time decision. If he can't play, MacEwen will replace him.

Edler and Demko each participated in the morning skate and each is day to day.

Boeser has three points (two goals, one assist) in a three-game point streak.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:22 am

With the Canuck's 4-0 loss to the Islanders tonight the Canucks now lead the NHL in shutout games, a total of 8 so far this season. The Canucks end this short 3 game home stand on Monday when they host the Anaheim Ducks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:16 am

It would be nice to have a power-play that worked.

Bo needs a winger who can score.

A right D who can power-play quarterback could help.

These things can be had. Maybe one can't expect too much from the trade deadline on Monday. But these things can be had this summer in draft, trade or free agency.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:15 pm

Anaheim at Vancouver

Ducks (24-29-9) at Canucks (26-28-8)

The Vancouver Canucks will try to end a three-game losing streak when they host the Anaheim Ducks at Rogers Arena on Monday.

The Canucks have two wins in their past 10 games (2-6-2) after going 4-1-1 in the previous six games.

Vancouver is six points behind the Minnesota for the second wild card into the Stanley Cup Playoffs from the Western Conference, three points ahead of the Ducks.

Canucks forward Elias Pettersson has 12 points (four goals, eight assists) in 13 games since returning from a knee injury. However, he hasn't scored a goal in three games and has one in his past seven.

Schenn makes his Canucks debut in place of Erik Gudbranson, who was traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins after the morning skate. With Demko ready to back up Markstrom after missing three weeks with a knee injury, goalie Marek Mazanec was sent to Utica of the AHL. Forward Zack MacEwen was also sent to the AHL; he had one assist in his first four NHL games.

Gaudette has three points (two goals, one assist) in his past four games. Boeser has three points (two goals, one assist) in his past four games.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Nice to see the Canucks get the SO tonight.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next