CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:59 pm

Strutz wrote:
llama66 wrote:
Canucks totally freaking rule.

Fixed that for you.

[but]

You do realize that if I really, really, really wanted to I could have just modified your post. :twisted: But I'm a super nice Canucks fan so I won't do that.

BTW... the Lafs Leafs look good this year.

:P

That would be unethical. But hey, I’m sorry. I don’t want you guys getting upset and burning Vancouver to the ground. Again. :p

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:52 pm

llama66 wrote:
Strutz wrote:
llama66 wrote:
Canucks totally freaking rule.

Fixed that for you.

[but]

You do realize that if I really, really, really wanted to I could have just modified your post. :twisted: But I'm a super nice Canucks fan so I won't do that.

BTW... the Lafs Leafs look good this year.

:P

That would be unethical. But hey, I’m sorry. I don’t want you guys getting upset and burning Vancouver to the ground. Again. :p

Of course it would be. Which is why I wouldn't do it.

I'm sorry, I thought I was participating in hockey banter. :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:54 pm

N_Fiddledog wrote:
Win or lose doesn't look like anybody's going to be pushing the Canucks around this year.

Gudbranson and Beagle already laying down the law.

I like that.

Me too.

A good win tonight by our guys. Nice way to start the season. :rock:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:21 pm

What? No pity for Ottawa, yet, Llama? Poor guys can't seem to catch a break. But yeah it would be hard to not to shake ones head and feel superior if that happened.

It won't happen though. The stars are lining up for us - the Canucks. We'll get Jack Hughes. We're due some of this luck thing we keep hearing about. It's our turn and we drafted his brother, Quinton last year. Remember, we're the 'brothers' team.'

Then next year we will be able to have arguments with Maple Leafs fans who think they're going to be Canada's team. Image Image

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:47 pm

Strutz wrote:
A good win tonight by our guys. Nice way to start the season. :rock:

Yeah...but it's got me worried. What's going to happen to my brilliant plan to draft 'The Next one' (Jack Hughes) if we surprise the world and make the playoffs? Image

6 game road trip coming up and Boeser might be going into a sophomore jinx though, so there's still hope.

(You know I'm just kidding, right. :wink: )

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:51 am

Strutz wrote:

you were! I was just doing a bit of trash talking.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:31 pm

Vancouver at Calgary

Canucks (1-0-0) at Flames (0-1-0)

The Vancouver Canucks will look to open their season with consecutive wins when they begin a six-game road trip against the Calgary Flames at Scotiabank Saddledome on Saturday.

The Canucks, who opened their season with a 5-2 win against the Flames at Rogers Arena on Wednesday, last had back-to-back wins to begin a season in 2016-17, when they started 4-0-0.

Canucks rookie center Elias Pettersson, 19, had two points (one goal, one assist) in his NHL debut against the Flames. He was selected by Vancouver with the No. 5 pick in the 2017 NHL Draft.

Roussel practiced with the Canucks on Friday but will not play Saturday. Coach Travis Green said he expects Roussel to return during Vancouver's road trip.

Petterson is the third teenager in Canucks history to score in his NHL debut, joining Rick Lanz (Oct. 10, 1980 against the Detroit Red Wings) and Dan Woodley (Oct. 8, 1987 against the St. Louis Blues).

Game time 7:00pm PT

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:37 pm

All that talk over the off-season and it's the same damn problems as before. Flames will lose! :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:41 pm

llama66 wrote:
Strutz wrote:

you were! I was just doing a bit of trash talking.

Ok. Glad we are all good and on the same page!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:41 pm

Thanos wrote:
All that talk over the off-season and it's the same damn problems as before. Flames will lose! :lol:

I'm ok with that. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:44 pm

It's a open shame that we've had to learn to live with around here. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:35 pm

Don't give up yet, T.

The flames just tied it up 4 - 4 with 10 minutes left to play and Mike Smith made an amazing save.

This is a good game for this early in the season.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:03 pm

The Canucks scored 2 PP goals and a SH goal while the Flames scored 3 PP goals and a SH goal along with 2 EN goals to defeat the Canucks 7-4 in one Hell of a game. Elias Pettersson scored twice, once on the PP and had one assist on Horvats PP goal. Game 2 of this 6 game road trip goes on Tuesday in Carolina.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:18 pm

Hyack wrote:
The Canucks scored 2 PP goals and a SH goal while the Flames scored 3 PP goals and a SH goal along with 2 EN goals to defeat the Canucks 7-4 in one Hell of a game. Elias Pettersson scored twice, once on the PP and had one assist on Horvats PP goal. Game 2 of this 6 game road trip goes on Tuesday in Carolina.

I missed the last few min of the 2nd and the 3rd entirely as I zonked out on the couch. I guess I was tired and needed the sleep. :oops:

Impressive to see Pettersson's 2 goals though.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:02 pm

Vancouver at Carolina

Canucks (1-1-0) at Hurricanes (2-0-1)

The Carolina Hurricanes will look to extend their best start to a regular season since relocating to Raleigh, North Carolina in 1997 when they play the Vancouver Canucks at PNC Arena on Tuesday.

Canucks center Elias Pettersson can become the third player in NHL history to have multiple points in his first three NHL games, joining Harvey Fraser of the Chicago Blackhawks (Nov. 1-9, 1944) and Alexandre Daigle of the Ottawa Senators (Oct. 6-14, 1993).

Pettersson is the seventh rookie since 1990-91 with five points through his first two NHL games. The others are Jesper Bratt (2017-18), Vladimir Tarasenko (2012-13), Anze Kopitar (2006-07), Brent Seabrook (2005-06), Radim Vrbata (2001-02) and Daigle (1993-94).

Game time 4:00pm PT