Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:46 pm

canucker canucker:
The only new jersey's I've liked so far have been Boston's:

That is because it is taboo to fuck with the classics.

No one will ever make serious changes to Boston, Montreal, Chicago, New York, Toronto or Detroit's jerseys.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:07 pm

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
canucker canucker:
The only new jersey's I've liked so far have been Boston's:

That is because it is taboo to fuck with the classics.

No one will ever make serious changes to Boston, Montreal, Chicago, New York, Toronto or Detroit's jerseys.
They better not.

OR RIOT! REBEL! LET THE MONEY-SUCKERS BLOOD FLOW ACROSS THE ICE OF OUR PROUD HOCKEY PLAYERS!

Um...

*cough*

*knock heard on door*

"FBI! Let us in! We have a few questions to ask you!"

Anyone else watch that bit the CBC has on their site about the "Leafs new Duds"? It's not confirmed and most people assume they are fake, but if they aren't many, many, many people will be PISSED.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:28 pm

No, I don't like them and the more I look at them the less I like them. The uniforms they were just using were perfectly fine.

I do like that they went back to the original colors but the combination with the orca and placement of the stripes is just wrong. May as well have a blue/green/white V on them.

But from a marketing standpoint it's brilliant to change uniforms. How many kids are now whining to mom and dad that they need the new jersey now (and other logo-bearing stuff). Good way for ownership to get some extra revenue happening. It's kinda sad really.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:07 pm

I like it, but the "Vancouver" seems unnecessarily redundant. I just hope they still cycle through the older Jerseys as they have been the last few seasons.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:16 pm

I don't hate the uniforms....I'm glad they kept the logo, the retro colours I don't mind, but like a few have said the city name could have been left out.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:18 pm

wow.. i really don't like the green stripe. I'm glad they kept the orca as well.
Can anyone find better high resolution photos?

edit nevermind, here is some videos on the right side:
http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app/?servic ... e&id=17540

watching the video... damn lots of people were in GM place for a sweater launching!

Attachments:
sweater09_082907_b.jpg
sweater09_082907_b.jpg [ 45.78 KiB | Viewed 131 times ]
sweater07_082907_b.jpg
sweater07_082907_b.jpg [ 90.6 KiB | Viewed 129 times ]
sweater04_082907_b.jpg
sweater04_082907_b.jpg [ 68.54 KiB | Viewed 131 times ]
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:34 pm

A whole lot better than the "V" jersey, but I think they look more like a WHL or Jr. team jersey.....the old ones were great!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:34 pm

I preferred the hockey stick jerseys. The colours were great, which they've kept, but I wished they'd of gotten rid of that damn orca logo and kept the stick logo, and chucked the city name on the front. I'm not impressed with any of the teams new jerseys, except Boston maybe. Some have the C on the right now, some have the numbers on the front (like football)... bleh!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:57 pm

All that anticipation for crap!!! I just want the Hockey Stick....fuck the Orca...its fn stupid dumb....I dont like it.... :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:31 am

What does the orca stand for?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:53 am

Brenda Brenda:

it stands for the killer whales that used to come to the waters off Vancouver .. the scientific name for

them is rooted in " orca ".. i am sure someone can give us the true technical term.

However, i have heard the killer whales dont come anymore.. the water is too warm thanks to global

warming :(

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:02 am

Brenda Brenda:

From 1988 to 1997, the Vancouver Canucks were owned by local businessman and philanthropist Arthur Griffiths. However, he was forced to sell his majority interest in the Canucks after overextending his resources trying to build a new arena, GM Place. As a result, he sold his majority share to American billionaire John McCaw.

On November 17, 2004, the Aquilini Investment Group, headed by Francesco Aquilini, purchased a 50% share in Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment, the company that owns both the Canucks franchise and GM Place sports arena from John McCaw. Aquilini and two business partners, Tom Gaglardi and Ryan Beedie, had been negotiating with Orca Bay for several months without concluding an agreement. In January 2005, Gaglardi and Beedie filed a lawsuit against Aquilini and Orca Bay alleging that Aquilini and Orca Bay had acted in bad faith in concluding a deal using information obtained from their joint offer.

On Wednesday, November 8, 2006, Aquilini, along with his brothers Roberto and Paolo, purchased the remaining 50% of the Vancouver Canucks and GM Place from McCaw. [1][2]

In May 2007, Gaglardi and Beedie's civil lawsuit over Aquilini's purchase reached BC Supreme Court. The court case is ongoing as of June 2007.[3]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:18 am

martin14 martin14:
Brenda Brenda:

it stands for the killer whales that used to come to the waters off Vancouver .. the scientific name for

them is rooted in " orca ".. i am sure someone can give us the true technical term.

However, i have heard the killer whales dont come anymore.. the water is too warm thanks to global

warming :(

I know about orca's in waters off Vancouver. We tourists like to do "the Orca tours" :lol:

I was just wondering why the Canucks wore that on their shirts.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:19 am

Hyack Hyack:
Brenda Brenda:

From 1988 to 1997, the Vancouver Canucks were owned by local businessman and philanthropist Arthur Griffiths. However, he was forced to sell his majority interest in the Canucks after overextending his resources trying to build a new arena, GM Place. As a result, he sold his majority share to American billionaire John McCaw.

On November 17, 2004, the Aquilini Investment Group, headed by Francesco Aquilini, purchased a 50% share in Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment, the company that owns both the Canucks franchise and GM Place sports arena from John McCaw. Aquilini and two business partners, Tom Gaglardi and Ryan Beedie, had been negotiating with Orca Bay for several months without concluding an agreement. In January 2005, Gaglardi and Beedie filed a lawsuit against Aquilini and Orca Bay alleging that Aquilini and Orca Bay had acted in bad faith in concluding a deal using information obtained from their joint offer.

On Wednesday, November 8, 2006, Aquilini, along with his brothers Roberto and Paolo, purchased the remaining 50% of the Vancouver Canucks and GM Place from McCaw. [1][2]

In May 2007, Gaglardi and Beedie's civil lawsuit over Aquilini's purchase reached BC Supreme Court. The court case is ongoing as of June 2007.[3]

Thanks Hyack! :wink:

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:20 am

I like them, and if the last few seasons are any indicator for the future of the NHL then it will definately start to FEEL like a minor league pretty soon. :twisted:

Those jersey's are cool in my books. :D