Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:16 am

It has been over 40 years since our team won a cup !! Are you not as pissed as I am ? What the hell is going on there in TO with the Leafs ? Is it going to be another 40 years ? The Leafs are the most profitable team in the NHL so why the hell have they not bought themselves a cup ? The Blue Jays bought two back to back cups why can't the Leafs do it.
Their present GM should have been given the boot and replaced with Quinn with orders to leave the new coach alone unless he asks for advice.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:22 am

They can't because there's a salary cap? ;)

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:29 am

evad54 evad54:
It has been over 40 years since our team won a cup !! Are you not as pissed as I am ? What the hell is going on there in TO with the Leafs ? Is it going to be another 40 years ? The Leafs are the most profitable team in the NHL so why the hell have they not bought themselves a cup ? The Blue Jays bought two back to back cups why can't the Leafs do it.
Their present GM should have been given the boot and replaced with Quinn with orders to leave the new coach alone unless he asks for advice.

There are still players who would have given their eye teeth to play for the Leafs yet they keep the likes of Sundin who should have been shown the door two years ago. All the money and he's not scoring like other Capt's are.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:40 am

... at least people actually want to play in Toronto. Each time a player makes a list of the 2, 3, 4 or 5 teams he'd accept to play for (all others being automatic refusals), Montreal ends up into it, but we NEVER got any of this dozen of great players, at least since 1995. So we're stuck with heartless Russian #103 instead.

Toronto's not doing well, that's certain. But just by thinking how bad things are going for every other Canadian team, you'll feel comforted.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:55 am

fire_i fire_i:
... at least people actually want to play in Toronto. Each time a player makes a list of the 2, 3, 4 or 5 teams he'd accept to play for (all others being automatic refusals), Montreal ends up into it, but we NEVER got any of this dozen of great players, at least since 1995. So we're stuck with heartless Russian #103 instead.

Toronto's not doing well, that's certain. But just by thinking how bad things are going for every other Canadian team, you'll feel comforted.

They are not going that bad for the senaturds but I can keep my fingers crossed that they crash and burn......anything bad that can happen to Oddawa is wonderful.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:01 am

evad54 evad54:
That's all you silly Anti-Leafers got, eh? Nothing else? Crawl back into your hole.

You even have a hockey team or just watch hockey to hate the Leafs?

:roll:

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:01 am

I'd much rather see the Sens win the cup than a team like the Devils. Hate the Devils. Hate.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:24 am

fire_i fire_i:
I'd much rather see the Sens win the cup than a team like the Devils. Hate the Devils. Hate.

The senaturds are as usless as tits on a bull

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:25 am

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
evad54 evad54:
That's all you silly Anti-Leafers got, eh? Nothing else? Crawl back into your hole.

You even have a hockey team or just watch hockey to hate the Leafs?

:roll:

Spoken like a true Fiberal

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:54 am

For years the Leafs had poor draft picks or traded them away. The dividends of making/keeping good draft picks may only just be starting to pay off.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:21 am

Ripcat Ripcat:
For years the Leafs had poor draft picks or traded them away. The dividends of making/keeping good draft picks may only just be starting to pay off.

I really hope you are right because 40 years is just a tad too long to wait.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:30 am

Leafs suck!

:D

<<<<<<<<Canucks fan

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am

sandorski sandorski:
Leafs suck!

<<<<<<<<Canucks fan

Gee you hab fans are so fickle I didn't think any of you had the nerve to admit who you were.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:26 am

evad54 evad54:
sandorski sandorski:
Leafs suck!

<<<<<<<<Canucks fan

Gee you hab fans are so fickle I didn't think any of you had the nerve to admit who you were.

Not all of us! I'm watching my Habs sink faster than the Titanic, and I'm still cheering them on.

As to Leafs, I'm finding their games are much more fun to watch this year. They're younger, faster, and they don't whine the way they used to under Quinn. I can even see myself cheering for them if they make the playoffs.

Unless they play Montreal, in which case they're a bunch of illiterate bums. :wink:

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:26 am

Sandorski's a Canucks fan, not a Habs fan, Evad. ;)

But Redshirt's right. Habs own even when they suck simply because they're the Habs. Go Habs.