bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:10 am

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/ ... nidow.html

For the love of Christ! When are people going to learn that you can't leave young children unattended in vehicles, especially running vehicles? :( This woman will have to live the rest of her life with the guilt and knowledge that she was responsible for her baby's death. Should the charge of negligence also be laid?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:14 am

Yes

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:19 am

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids. You know the ones I'm talking about, the ones who lack common sense....and liberals.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:20 am

What a tragedy... :cry:

As much as it's the fault of the parent, I can still feel sorry for her. I can't imagine the pain that family is going through right now... just thinking about something like this happening to my own child is emotionally painful. She will never forgive herself for this, and it will haunt her for the rest of her life. As a parent myself, I can honestly say that one can never be vigilant enough. She probably felt that the 6 year old could manage... and was mistaken.

Let this be a lesson for all parents... this should not have happened.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:50 am

I had a friend who was a new mom and one day she called me in a panic she had gone out to run errands and she forgot to put the baby who was lounging in her car seat in the car. She was beside herself, I was closer to her house so I did the mad dash and there was baby happyly sleeping in her car seat. Busy Moms sometimes have so much on their plate and I can't condemn this Mom she must be suffering something terrible.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:55 am

Feelind bad for this mom was not the question the question was ...should she face charges.
1.She left young children alone in a car
2.She left the keys in the car
3.One child died due to her actions
If you take out the emotion from your decision...it only leaves one answer...yes she should be charged.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:57 am

I can condemn her an do so. Leaving a 2 year old and a 6 year old alone in a RUNNING vehicle is ridiculous. There is no excuse for it. How often do we hear about small children being left unattended in vehicles and that they expired due to neglect and negligence.

$1:
The girl and her six-year-old brother had been left in the Chevrolet Blazer with the engine running as their mother stopped at an office building to run an errand

$1:
this Mom she must be suffering something terrible.

What about this small child? Did she not suffer terribly and die as a result?

$1:
Witnesses heard the girl yelling for her mother.

The mother who never came in time to save her and whose negligence placed her child in this situation. A situation that never should have happened!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:01 am

Scrappy Scrappy:
I had a friend who was a new mom and one day she called me in a panic she had gone out to run errands and she forgot to put the baby who was lounging in her car seat in the car. She was beside herself, I was closer to her house so I did the mad dash and there was baby happyly sleeping in her car seat. Busy Moms sometimes have so much on their plate and I can't condemn this Mom she must be suffering something terrible.

She must be in agony, but she didn't forget her kids in her rush like your friend did, she deliberately left them unattended. There is a difference.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:19 am

How many times do tragedies like this one have to happen before people realize that even one minute is too long to leave children alone in vehicles.

Granted the mother must be in utter dismay over this but it IS her fault. I don't care if she was going to be gone for 30 friggin' seconds she should have taken the kids with her.

Charges should be laid no matter what.

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:46 am

I think charges should be laid. As someone above said, a significant amount of time seems to have passed when you hear the chronology of events. She was running an errand in an office building, not grabbing a snack at a convenience store. Office buildings can make minutes disappear quick.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:06 am

I don't think charges should be laid and here is why:

The family has suffered enough and charges will not serve to punish or prevent future similar tragedies and will only serve to satisfy society's need for revenge. The community needs to rally around the family now to help them rather then vilify them and exasperate the horror.

It is easy in hindsight to cast the first stone but I know there is no such thing as a parent who has not done something similar and but for the grace of God go you.

As terrible as this is...accidents happen and despite every effort of the nanny state they will continue to happen. I personally loathe the safety bubble I feel forced to place my own children in and often fight with the wife to let the kids take chances and I can assure you, in this day and age these are a fraction of the ones we did at the same age.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:09 am

I'm wondering why they felt nessesary to say the vehicle was a SUV.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:12 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
I'm wondering why they felt nessesary to say the vehicle was a SUV.

To add to the villification. Would she be as reviled had it been an electric hybrid vehicle? The language of hate takes many forms.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:21 am

"Killing her own children AND THE ENVIRONMENT"

I don't think charges would really do anything here. I'm pretty sure she won;t be doing this again and I don't really think they need to make an example to discourage others.

Interesting to see that most of the folks advocating charges are also those against capital punishment.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:22 am

Does it really matter what type of vehicle it was. The point is she left her kids unattended in a running vehicle. Strike one and two. Strike three is rather obvious.