CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi.

My friend and I put a series together on how Canada can change. The series is based in Vancouver but that doesn't mean you don't have the issues we have in Vancouver. We would appreciate if we can hear feedback. Highly appreciated. Also you can share the videos with your friends and family.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:13 pm

More nude beaches at Stanley Park, please. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:21 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Concur by visual and radar.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:34 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

More rules about who's allowed to be nude at nude beaches.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:38 pm

:lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Don't think that either of them are that fussy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:23 pm

I don't feel like thats something outstanding to add towards our series. But we really do appreciate your opinions. Specially from people older then us who know more then us. Tell us more please.
:D :D
Thanks you very much.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Just wondering. Are you being paid by Reebok, whatever the name on your friends thing is, Blackberry and Rogers?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:38 pm

SadikJ SadikJ:
I don't feel like thats something outstanding to add towards our series. But we really do appreciate your opinions. Specially from people older then us who know more then us. Tell us more please.
:D :D
Thanks you very much.

I like the sarcasm.

Introduce yourself properly somewhere and maybe take part in a few other threads.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:42 pm

People will complain about anything and everything. Try being a bus mooch in a city like Winnipeg or Edmonton in the dead of winter.

If you don't like getting rained on maybe someone will develop a man portable shielding device you can hold above you, and if you make it out of a translucent material you can also use it in the sun. That way you can be protected all the time and not just at the bus stop.

It will save the few million installation costs upfront and the millions in maintance costs over time.

Honestly don't bitch about a problem you can cheaply solve yourself. Take some personal responsibility and fix problems you can fix yourself.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:45 pm

But that actually takes... effort... And it would mean people actually have to think... More than once. :?
You can't actually expect that, right?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Does Translink have a universal smart card yet? IE one electronic card with a RFID that you can fill with money or have a monthly subscription to, used by swiping against a RFID reader?

Does the Skytrain have turnstiles yet, or are they still enforcing compliance with on demand personal searches?

Do they have a bus route going over the Port Mann bridge yet?

Has the city and government finaly caved in and scrapped the useless HOV lanes on the Trans Canada Highway to help with smog producing, money and time wasting congestion?

Have they found a way to make the busses not stink like vomit and piss?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:26 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Just wondering. Are you being paid by Reebok, whatever the name on your friends thing is, Blackberry and Rogers?

No. No sponsors, but would love to get anybody to support us.

Xort Xort:
People will complain about anything and everything. Try being a bus mooch in a city like Winnipeg or Edmonton in the dead of winter.

If you don't like getting rained on maybe someone will develop a man portable shielding device you can hold above you, and if you make it out of a translucent material you can also use it in the sun. That way you can be protected all the time and not just at the bus stop.

It will save the few million installation costs upfront and the millions in maintance costs over time.

Honestly don't bitch about a problem you can cheaply solve yourself. Take some personal responsibility and fix problems you can fix yourself.

Hi, I understand that mostly everyone around the world will complain about things, but I feel like not having shades over bus stops is not just a complain by one person, but the majority of Vancouver. Specially when the weather is mostly rainy.

And with the portable device; I feel like teenagers now a days don't want to carry anything in their hands. So carrying a "portable shielding" will be very difficult to make and at the same time keeping it fancy and upto date style. I'm saying teenagers because thats where I come from, not sure what older citizens perspective are towards your idea.

Also since I take public transit every where, and this issue is about bus shades, I feel like Translink should take responsibility and think of an idea.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:38 pm

An umbrella is hard to come by? Ok :?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:48 pm

SadikJ SadikJ:
Hi, I understand that mostly everyone around the world will complain about things, but I feel like not having shades over bus stops is not just a complain by one person, but the majority of Vancouver. Specially when the weather is mostly rainy.
As I said in other cities with much harsher weather not all the stops have shelters. If you took someone from Winnipeg and replaced the shelters with mild winter weather no on would complain.
$1:
And with the portable device; I feel like teenagers now a days don't want to carry anything in their hands.
Well then they can stand in the wet waiting for the bus and be cool, or as cool as you can be using the bus. Or they could be sensible and use an umbrella.
$1:
Also since I take public transit every where, and this issue is about bus shades, I feel like Translink should take responsibility and think of an idea.

You think Translink should pay money so that teens can be more comfortable while looking cool.

I don't think that's a very good investment. But that's not the point, bus shelters are not important. My main point is that you feel Translink has an obligation, a responsibility to provide shelters for you so you can look cool.

A mind that thinks like that is a real problem. The government doesn't owe you a bus shelter and until you can understand that and change your line of thinking people like me are going to object. Not to your suggestion but to the thinking behind the suggestion.

Also to add a nit pick to your video, not all UV rays are harmful. Only UVC are harmful. UVA and UVB are too low energy to cause radation burns.