Yes - immigration is hurting Canada  36%  [ 30 ]
NO - We are all Immigrants in this Great Country  23%  [ 19 ]
Reform - We need to reform our Immigrantion Laws  42%  [ 35 ]
Total votes : 84

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:54 pm

I'd agree. Just too many families are not having kids because they are already crushed by the tax burden.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:15 pm

$1:
However, many immigrants come to Canada, they do not want to assimilate into Canada's culture, they want to bring their own laws with them, they don't want to speak English or French, and because many immigrants are the elitist (financially well-off) they are not filling the job needs of our economy.

The law should be desingned to allow cultural freedom but it must be the same for all. People should try to learn local languages for buiness of commerce but if they have a community and can use foriegn toungs, then it is not a problem. Finnanciall well off persons provide capital, they invest in businesses or a least buy a home, and a car, take their kids to private school, buy grocieries, and help the ecconomy as concumers. We need more foring investment and helping the etleitist feel comfortable in Canda can help.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:34 pm

here's comfort ---leave your fatwa's at the gate...or go home.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:22 pm

Knoss Knoss:
$1:
However, many immigrants come to Canada, they do not want to assimilate into Canada's culture, they want to bring their own laws with them, they don't want to speak English or French, and because many immigrants are the elitist (financially well-off) they are not filling the job needs of our economy.

The law should be desingned to allow cultural freedom but it must be the same for all. People should try to learn local languages for buiness of commerce but if they have a community and can use foriegn toungs, then it is not a problem. Finnanciall well off persons provide capital, they invest in businesses or a least buy a home, and a car, take their kids to private school, buy grocieries, and help the ecconomy as concumers. We need more foring investment and helping the etleitist feel comfortable in Canda can help.

Yeah, that's working well in the United States where immigrants (illegals) from Mexico come to the USA and NEVER learn how to speak English because they never leave their community.

I also blame big business, Telus for example, you call them and you get English or Cantonese.

Not to mention it costs taxpayers money to get interpreators for these people in court, during legal proceedings, and during medical assistance. WTF!! Learn English!!

Once again someone from China can get satellite and multimedia in thier lauguage, they never really have to leave their community, so why learn English, why learn about the culture of the country that is allowing you to stay.

Knoss, you are wrong on so many levels.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:54 pm

tritium tritium:
sandorski sandorski:
tritium tritium:
So what about the proposed harmonization of Canada immigration policies with the United States under the NAFTA/NAU ??

Would this be good for Canada, or harmful?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department ... ap-1a.html

What does it mean?

The more independence we have in regards to Immigration, the better. Like I posted earlier, we need Population, Immigration is the quickest way(without a Baby Boom) to acheive it.

Baby Bonus. Pay Canadians to have babies.

It is now to expensive to raise a family in Canada, both the Mother and Father have to work to support the family.

I would propose a drastic economic reform to Canada, Immigration Reform and a bonus and tax incentive to families.

Also, currently new immigrants can get all of our social services as a resident, I would limit that to only Medical, become a public charge and you are gone.

Furthermore, you can become a citizen within 3 years. I would extend that to 5 or 7 years.

Could work, but I'm greedy. I'd take increased Birth Rates and increasedImmigration! :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:56 pm

There's no need to worry about Immigrants who don't speak English or French. In 2 or 3 generations you wouldn't be able to tell who was from whom over the phone , because they'll all speak English/French.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:04 pm

sandorski sandorski:
tritium tritium:
sandorski sandorski:
tritium tritium:
So what about the proposed harmonization of Canada immigration policies with the United States under the NAFTA/NAU ??

Would this be good for Canada, or harmful?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department ... ap-1a.html

What does it mean?

The more independence we have in regards to Immigration, the better. Like I posted earlier, we need Population, Immigration is the quickest way(without a Baby Boom) to acheive it.

Baby Bonus. Pay Canadians to have babies.

It is now to expensive to raise a family in Canada, both the Mother and Father have to work to support the family.

I would propose a drastic economic reform to Canada, Immigration Reform and a bonus and tax incentive to families.

Also, currently new immigrants can get all of our social services as a resident, I would limit that to only Medical, become a public charge and you are gone.

Furthermore, you can become a citizen within 3 years. I would extend that to 5 or 7 years.

Could work, but I'm greedy. I'd take increased Birth Rates and increasedImmigration! :P

Increased Immigration with longer wait times to become citizens. 5 to 7 years, I would even reach for 10 years.

If they become a public charge, claim welfare, commit a crime during this 10 year probationary period, they get a one way fight back to their country of origin, no matter the circumstance.

Also limit immigration from countries that are deemed Terrorist nations, or those who do business with terrorist nations.

Elect Tritium for Prime Minister 2007 [cheer]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:17 am

you have my vote!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:29 am

$1:
Not to mention it costs taxpayers money to get interpreators for these people in court, during legal proceedings, and during medical assistance. WTF!! Learn English!!

Telus can do business in what ever language they wish, children do learn English or French if they go to public school.

Courts it is a constitutional right to have an interpreter and interpretors are importaint to tourists and new imagrants and to maintaining all citizens as they ensure justice to people even without the ability to speak English or French.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:02 am

see Knoss, out there with the cows, you can't see the impact on the communities where the immigrants gather...whole neighbourhoods are taken over, Mosques are put up, and they have IMAM's visiting to make sure the mis-guided Islamists follow the FATWAS that call for murder and deception of all INFIDELS.

I wish Canadians would wake up and read the Quran.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:21 am

northstar northstar:
see Knoss, out there with the cows, you can't see the impact on the communities where the immigrants gather...whole neighbourhoods are taken over, Mosques are put up, and they have IMAM's visiting to make sure the mis-guided Islamists follow the FATWAS that call for murder and deception of all INFIDELS.

Yep there are places in Mississauga that you would think you're in the Middle East. Signs, shops, the people. 10 years ago there was none of this. I will take a Camera around this week and capture what they have done to this area. The people in rural areas will not believe that this is Canada.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:28 am

Knoss Knoss:
$1:

Telus can do business in what ever language they wish, children do learn English or French if they go to public school.

Courts it is a constitutional right to have an interpreter and interpretors are importaint to tourists and new imagrants and to maintaining all citizens as they ensure justice to people even without the ability to speak English or French.

What ya'll need ta' do buddy is take off those horse "Blinders" and see the real world, quit watching re-runs of Brokeback Mountain, and go visit some of these areas in the big city, ya Liberal douche bag.

oh ya, Regina is not classified as a big city.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:52 am

northstar northstar:

Oh no,where are all the White People? :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:53 am

hwacker hwacker:
northstar northstar:

Yep there are places in Mississauga that you would think you're in the Middle East. Signs, shops, the people. 10 years ago there was none of this. I will take a Camera around this week and capture what they have done to this area. The people in rural areas will not believe that this is Canada.

Good!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:49 pm

tritium tritium:
Well the reason I thought up this question, was I just returned from Sundrie Mall in Calgary, and yes I was the minority. 8O

Seemed everyone was from East India, Middle East or China. I saw very few whites.

Oh, no! There were fewer whites in the mall than 'coloureds'!

Fuck does that ever sound racist. Did they at least have their own drinking fountains?

Who gives a fuck what colour people are? Are you implying that if you're not white you can never be Canadian? It sure sounds like it...

First generation immigrants almost never fully assimilate in Canada. Look back to the early 1900s. Plenty of first-gen Ukrainians, Dutch, Chinese, et al never fully adopted our language, customs, and traditions. The catch is that the vast majority of their descendants did. Find a young Chinese kid in any major city and it's almost a guarantee that he/she speaks fluently one of our two official languages, while they may or may not speak Chinese at all.

I happen to have plenty of 'non-white' friends and co-workers and they are stereotypical Canadians who love Timmies, hockey and bitching about our winter. If you talked to them over the phone, you wouldn't even know they weren't of the 'master race'.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE WHITE TO BE CANADIAN!

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 252 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 17  Next