Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:02 am

Stop the unfairness. I'm tired of seeing my tax money go to Prince Edward Island's parks. I'm tired of the giant potholes my city cannot fix because my money has been "transferred" to Quebec for their social programs. Stop the madness.

discuss....

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:28 am

There are so many things wrong with this post, it's an actual joke.

Every province get transfer payments, It's more about the fiscal imbalance you idiot. The problem is when a province receives more than it donates to the Federal Government. And you could not even get that right in your title. :roll:

As for you being a 1st generation immigrant, you should be grateful to live in this country, period.

And you should not be allowed to bitch about Quebec either. My white ass was here on this land way before yours. Then again, if you would have taken the time to look at some other threads, your Noob ass would have realized some of those same topics are already covered.

So troll along noob.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:42 am

You fuck as if my 50,000 (yes that is right, (50,000!!!, FIFTY MOTHERFUCKING THOUSAND!!!) that gets taken out of my annual salary. Second, don't give me that bullshit of grateful to live in this country, fuck you! I've been here for long enough, and have contributed too fucking much to sit quietly. Don't forget your white parents killed or evicted the natives off their own land.

Secondly, as a financial planner for one of the largest mortgage lenders in Canada, the tax rates are absolutely ridiculous. You little pickle, I understand how the federal transfer fully works, I had simplified it for the sake of discussion. Further simplification fucks like me are taxed heavily, the so called "haves", salary gets taxed to the point of have not status. Might as well ship my money off the Lichtenstein.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:46 am

CommanderSuck CommanderSuck:
(50,000!!!, FIFTY MOTHERFUCKING THOUSAND!!!)

That's it 8O

CommanderSuck CommanderSuck:
Might as well ship my money off the Lichtenstein.

Well then, it's up to you to ship your money somewhere else and you should go along with it. :lol:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:49 am

If didn't soak my roal oats here I would have. That would be 2 anglo-saxons off my back for welfare.

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:35 am

Pimpbrewski what about you shut up and stop making Canadians look bad with racist comments like that.

Those payments are important because all Canadians are equal, those payments help provide equal services in every provinces. Is it fair for people in Alberta to have gold plated hospitals while it's nearly impossible for people of Quebec and the Atlantic provinces to get a family doctor?

Also historically the Eastern provinces supported the Western provinces for quite a while. Who paid for most of the railway that was basically the primary reason the West could develop? The East.

People often forget we're a country with a federation, not a confederation of states.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:42 am

CommanderSock CommanderSock:
Don't forget your white parents killed or evicted the natives off their own land.

And you know this, how? And please, oh please, enlighten me as to what land was actually "owned" by natives prior to contact.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:50 am

Just because they didn't have a legally binding contract to show the invaders that they owned the land, does not necessitate they should have been removed and abused. But that's all history now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:54 am

mapleleafsnation mapleleafsnation:
Pimpbrewski what about you shut up and stop making Canadians look bad with racist comments like that.

Those payments are important because all Canadians are equal, those payments help provide equal services in every provinces. Is it fair for people in Alberta to have gold plated hospitals while it's nearly impossible for people of Quebec and the Atlantic provinces to get a family doctor?

I dunno wth you get your info, but do you know how many Albertans dn't have a family doctor? Any idea? Gold plated hospitals? Where? There are no doctors and nurses...

Get your facts straight before you yell something, k?

$1:
Also historically the Eastern provinces supported the Western provinces for quite a while. Who paid for most of the railway that was basically the primary reason the West could develop? The East.

People often forget we're a country with a federation, not a confederation of states.

True, so cut the bullshit who paid whom first or more.

Too bad though it doesn't seem to work the way you want it too...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:54 am

Just because they didn't have a legally binding contract to show the invaders that they owned the land, does not necessitate they should have been removed and abused. But that's all history now.

Not all were abused or killed nor is everyone of European descent culpable in past transgressions. In fact, many natives were nomadic (thus occupying and "owning" no land) and routinely fought and killed other natives in conflicts both pre and post contact. If you're going to accuse others of significantly past heinous acts, perhaps next time you'll get the history a little more accurate.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:56 am

It is. Dead and burried...

My ancestors ruled the world one day. I want that back, pay up :roll:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:59 am

Yes, they were nomadic, just like the African people, just like Aboriginals in Australia, it doesnt mean you can build on their hunting grounds, and tell them fuck off, or worse, pay taxes to your new establishment, and live by the "new" rules. Or face jail terms. Its typical, its sad because its been done over and over, and it shall be done again. We live in history, the Anglos and Dutch it it in South Africa, building on land that was heavily populated by a native people. Luckily there are not many natives here to 'retake" the land. Like I said, its all history.

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:03 am

Brenda it was actually a quote from my economics teacher meant to be taken lightly, sorry if you felt otherwise.

But anyway, we can all agree that Alberta has a lot of money (so much that I remember it giving 500$ to all citizens a few years ago) and my point still stands even though you disagree with my examples.

I think the transfer payments are important, because it helps provinces in need grow while not taking away anything from the richer provinces. Because it is the Federal government that pays. The money that is transfered is money that was taxed by the Federal government.

The goal of this program is that all Canadians receive comparable services. This program helps every provinces while not taking anything away from the Alberta government (because Alberta is the only province that doesn't receive money).

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:03 am

mapleleafsnation mapleleafsnation:

Another Noob joining in. Now, that's just great. :roll:

I have not said one word that would suggest anything about his race. On the other hand, there is the fact that Quebecers settled on this land long before that idiot. So he can go somewhere else about his Quebec bashing. I don't care how much taxes he forks out, but there is no proof and surely it has to be a joke. :)

Also, there are so many threads about Quebec that there is no need for another new one.

Eventhough you seem to want to provoke, I will keep away from the insults. But you should take a look at some older threads, these topics have already been mentioned. Now at least do that before telling anyone to shut up. :?

Maybe you should keep your comments for these kinds of threads. ROTFL

Maple Leafs out of playoff contention

Last edited by Pimpbrewski on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:06 am

Yes, they were nomadic, just like the African people, just like Aboriginals in Australia, it doesnt mean you can build on their hunting grounds, and tell them fuck off, or worse, pay taxes to your new establishment, and live by the "new" rules. Or face jail terms. Its typical, its sad because its been done over and over, and it shall be done again. We live in history, the Anglos and Dutch it it in South Africa, building on land that was heavily populated by a native people. Luckily there are not many natives here to 'retake" the land. Like I said, its all history.

And therefore your point about ownership is fundamentally flawed - my original point. Let's further your rather overgeneralized point - what about the Iroquois pushing the Huron off their land? Are they accountable? What about European settlers that were targeted by natives? There were atrocities committed by BOTH sides, but you seems fixated on only drawing ahistorical generalizations about those of Europeans descent. In fact, all of your "historical" examples seem to focus on one ethnicity, but you omit Middle Eastern conflicts, Asian events or pre-Contact South America. I wonder why?