canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:46 am

IceOwl IceOwl:
For your information, terrorism didn't pop into existence the morning of Sept, 11, 2001, and no war against it will put an end to it.

Actually, a global thermonuclear war would put an end to it. It'd end a lot of other things, too, but there'd be an end to terrorism. 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:46 am

gideon gideon:
Freaker Freaker:
If any terrorists decide to nuke the US it will NOT be with ICBMs. If the purpose of the missile defence shield is to protect America from terrorists or "rogue states" it won't work.

Man, what a complete waste of money...

Well guess what, I unlike you am paying for this through my taxes and I happen to think it is a GREAT idea.

In light of the anti-US hostility recently demonstrated by our so-called "allies," it is more important than ever for us to maintain leverage in terms of diplomacy, economic might, and most importantly military power. A great battle will be fought between the USA and the have-nots in the coming decades, and BMD is one essential component of our forthcoming victory.

I take it that you realize that people like you won't be going to a better place when you die? I guess your kind has to get in all their destruction before judgement time. Oh and take a look around you at all the life that was created and think about who or what put life in motion. The creation of life not the destruction of it. Intelligent people see intelligent design. You better hope that you just cease to exist when you pass.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:52 am

TheUSofA1776 TheUSofA1776:
IceOwl IceOwl:
For your information, terrorism didn't pop into existence the morning of Sept, 11, 2001, and no war against it will put an end to it.

Actually, a global thermonuclear war would put an end to it. It'd end a lot of other things, too, but there'd be an end to terrorism. 8)

I sincerely doubt that. As cockroaches would survive such a conflict so too would terrorists and for much the same reasons.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:53 am

Scape Scape:
IceOwl IceOwl:

I sincerely doubt that. As cockroaches would survive such a conflict so too would terrorists and for much the same reasons.

Eh, good point. My mistake, IceOwl.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:10 am

Why not use raid instead?

Counter terrorism has real potential but the benefits do not make headlines and takes much effort and sacrifice to gain the trust of communities that are at odds with the great powers. Nurturing good will to communities that would harbor those who would do harm is a difficult task but the other option is annihilation or expulsion. I wish there were better options for extending the olive branch will be a risky and there will be reprisals.

Our civilization has mostly evolved beyond slavery although there are still 27 million who are still slaves today. At one point in time it was the only way to do things. Example: Egypt. If we can evolve beyond that then there is hope we can evolve beyond war as well and get to the work of exploring the world and universe around us.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:12 am

It is obvious that Musims as a whole do not support what the US is doing in the Middle East. A few malcontents couldn't cause that much trouble for them if that were true.

I mean George W. is screwing up the American people. The rest of the world will be fine, but the US will soon be broke, demoralised and hated by all.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:26 am

figfarmer figfarmer:
It is obvious that Musims as a whole do not support what the US is doing in the Middle East. A few malcontents couldn't cause that much trouble for them if that were true.

I mean George W. is screwing up the American people. The rest of the world will be fine, but the US will soon be broke, demoralised and hated by all.

US will soon be broke. Well then Canada is going down too, like it or not (Liberals) you’re tied to them by trade.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:08 am

figfarmer figfarmer:

I think you're wrong about that. Or were you trying to be funny? I mean, you have that hilarious medal and all...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:07 am

The whole subject of 'weaponizing' space is moot as it has already been done long ago.

Nuclear weapons have been detonated in near earth orbit.

Spy satellites are weapons and always have been. The intelligence obtained from these platforms is the most important thing to have on a battlefield.

And about twenty years ago the F-15 was used as an anti-satellite weapons platform successfully.

Weaponizing space is perfectly logical as controlling the high ground has always been a strategic matter. If the USA does not have the capability to control space then I can assure you that China, Russia, or someone else will pursue it.

If they are not already pursuing it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:20 pm

figfarmer figfarmer:

I think you're wrong about that. Or were you trying to be funny? I mean, you have that hilarious medal and all...

America's Total Debt Report

Trade Deficit

Debt Clock

I'm not laughing...

As for other countries, I have no doubt that with the US spending Trillions on weapons in space other countries are doing the same. This is a radical escalation in spending that has no precedent and we are not even at war with each other yet.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:52 pm

Scape Scape:
figfarmer figfarmer:

America's Total Debt Report

Trade Deficit

Debt Clock

I'm not laughing...

As for other countries, I have no doubt that with the US spending Trillions on weapons in space other countries are doing the same. This is a radical escalation in spending that has no precedent and we are not even at war with each other yet.

Not worried.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:52 pm

So we're not at war. So we should gut the military since there's no threat on the horizon?

Peace is just the period of history between the wars that define history.

Preparing for war is like preparing for natural disasters. You hope they will never happen but common sense tells you it is just a matter of time.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:00 pm

Scape Scape:

Right... the war will come when we stiff you suckers on servicing the loans :D

So what are you gonna do when we can zap your sorry asses from outer space? :D

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:04 pm

gideon gideon:
Scape Scape:

Right... the war will come when we stiff you suckers on servicing the loans :D

So what are you gonna do when we can zap your sorry asses from outer space? :D

Don't forget that Bush wants to be able to zap them in their bunkers with nuclear 'bunker busters'.

No where to run. No where to hide. 8O