canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Hello everyone.

I congratulate all Indian Sikh Punjabi fellows as their dream has come true.

So, here we are....

Remember? in my other thread when I told you guys that Khan and Sikh guy; Navjot Singh Sidhu has great friendship since the time of them being cricketers. I also told you guys that Pakistan is Mecca/Medina to Punjabi Sikhs living all over world since their their religious teacher/GURU Baba Guru Nanak spent his last life in Pakistani Punjab. Sikhs, though significant numbers of them live in India but they hold this soil of Pakistan as very sacred.

Now, the foundation of Kartarpur Corridor has been laid, and Sidhu is over the moon...He should be, because if it was not for him and friendship with Khan, this corridor may have never opened...The credit goes to these two men...

Sidhu

And my Khan...Well, I do have strong bias towards Khan...I admit that :)

This shows that Khan remember his friends regardless of their status...Despite being PM, Khan is still humble and knows how to carry old friendships.

Guys, remember, Khan has just become PM...He has just arrived on stage, barely 200 days since he hold office and he hit a six/shot for a community which doesn't even reside in Pakistan in significant numbers...I mean he didn't even do something tangible for Pakistan yet, which I am sure he will do in due time. What I am trying to say that Khan has just arrived and taking notes and yet he did something for a community which he doesn't have any relation with except that one member of that particular community is his close friend....This is really awesome and cool

When partition happened, Muslims got Pakistan, Hindu majority got India...These poor Sikh folks got remain in middle, without any leadership taking care of them.

And then India bulldozed their temple in 1984; in operation named; Blue star

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Blue_Star

Pakistanis do have soft corner for Sikhs. Our own Pakistani Punjabi folks quite like them..Same language, quite same culture just different religion - Punjabi community is mostly divided into Muslim Punjabis and Sikh Punjabis...Sikhs are honest people and we respect them.

..I have heard that at the time of partition, most of the violence and fighting took place b/w Muslims and Sikhs. These Punjabi Sikhs, I think regarded as martial race. Indian army has large presence of Sikh folks...Even in British army as well, Sikhs are present

Regarding this nice new development, Pakistani Sikhs are also very happy for their Indian counterparts. Sikhs from around the world have been coming to Pakistan to see their Guru's resting place. What's most important now is that Sikhs from India, will come visa free

I want to congratulate all Sikhs around the world, especially Indian and Canadian Sikhs.

[B-o]

Love and respect from Karachi, Pakistan.

Pakistanis respect you and we don't dislike you. We don't even dislike Hindus...We just hate Hindu nationalists.

Thank you for showing gratitude to our Khan...Your guy Sidhu also played his part in making this happen.

I hope Pakistan and India finally find true peace...Common people on both sides of border sometimes get carried away but they do know that average joe residing across the border is as same guy, nurse, teacher or mother who are carrying out their daily lives just like he and his fellow countrymen are doing in their home.

As someone said; war is exciting but I prefer peace.

Hoping to see more thaw b/w Pak and India. :rock:

Peace

Canadian Sikh Community expresses gratitude to PM Imran Khan, COAS for opening of Kartarpur Corridor

By
DND -
December 11, 2018

TORONTO, Canada: The Consul General of Pakistan in Toronto Imran Siddiqui visited the Sikh Spiritual Center to attend celebrations for the opening of Darbar Sahib Kartarpur.

His visit took place at the invitation of the Ontario Gurudwara Committee, Ontario Sikh Council, and the representatives of Sharoomni Akal Takht Amritsar.

The event was opened after Keertan.

The Spokesman of the Gurudwara Committee Bhai ji Amarjeet Singh made the opening remarks in which he thanked Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan for taking the initiative of opening Kartarpur Crossing which was “like a dream of the Sikhs worldwide for the last seven decades”.

Bhai ji also praised the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa for his support of the initiative.

Other speakers appreciated the efforts of the government of Pakistan for taking good care of Sikh shrines in Pakistan.

In his remarks, the Consul General said that the opening of Darbar Sahib Kartarpur is a clear statement of peace by Pakistan. He said that challenges notwithstanding, Pakistan will continue to lead this mission of peace.

Imran Siddiqui urged the Canadian Sikhs to raise awareness about this heritage among all Canadians particularly the younger generation Sikhs enabling them to visit Pakistan for religious as well as cultural purposes.

At the end of the event, Bhai ji Amarjeet presented crystal trophies for the Prime Minister Imran Khan and the COAS, and requested the Consul General to pass them on to destination.

https://dnd.com.pk/canadian-sikh-community-expresses-gratitude-to-pm-imran-khan-coas-for-opening-of-kartarpur-corridor/157093

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:44 pm

R=UP

My Sikh co-workers are pumped about this. Lots of nice things being said about Pakistan and Khan right now. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:59 pm

I had trouble figuring out what we were supposed to be so happy about in the above. I had to look look around to understand what was actually happening.

Basically this:

$1:
In September this year, Pakistan formally established contact with India regarding its willingness to open the ‘Kartarpur’ crossing across the international border to facilitate Sikh Pilgrims.

Yesterday, India’s cabinet approved the building of a corridor between India and Pakistan in a bid to facilitate pilgrims to visit a historic gurudwara in Pakistan where Guru Nanak is believed to have spent the last 18 years of his life. According to a statement issued from Ministry of India’s external affairs, the Indian side also asked Pakistan to build a corridor in Pakistan to the gurudwara “with suitable facilities in their territory”.

Civil society in Pakistan has appreciated both Pakistan and India for agreeing to create the corridor between Kartarpur and the Indian border district of Gurdaspur.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/featur ... ions-.html

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:46 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
R=UP

My Sikh co-workers are pumped about this. Lots of nice things being said about Pakistan and Khan right now. [B-o]

Thanks for telling that...I am also reading a lot of comments of them in comment section of YouTube and FB...They are really happy.

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
I had trouble figuring out what we were supposed to be so happy about in the above. I had to look look around to understand what was actually happening.

Basically this:

$1:
In September this year, Pakistan formally established contact with India regarding its willingness to open the ‘Kartarpur’ crossing across the international border to facilitate Sikh Pilgrims.

Yesterday, India’s cabinet approved the building of a corridor between India and Pakistan in a bid to facilitate pilgrims to visit a historic gurudwara in Pakistan where Guru Nanak is believed to have spent the last 18 years of his life. According to a statement issued from Ministry of India’s external affairs, the Indian side also asked Pakistan to build a corridor in Pakistan to the gurudwara “with suitable facilities in their territory”.

Civil society in Pakistan has appreciated both Pakistan and India for agreeing to create the corridor between Kartarpur and the Indian border district of Gurdaspur.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/featur ... ions-.html

You got it right :)