CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:19 pm

I am ashamed that we are all declaring ourselves free and that we want the Iraqi people to live free as we do when our own Freedom of Speech has been jeopardized recently.
Natalie Maines and the Dixie Checks have actually been banned from several radio stations in the states as a result of a comment made at a concert in London a couple of weeks ago. Maines said "we are ashamed our President is from the state of Texas". She has now been ostrasized from the music world because she practiced her right to Freedom of Speech.
In Canada, Francoise, Ducros was forced to resign her position after being overheard calling Bush a moron. Bush is a moron, what about her Freedom of Speech?
I am anxious to see what happen to Micheal Moore after his speech last night. He is already being talked about on CNN. They will probably ban his films as well.
I am disappointed in our right to Freedom of Speech, since the right is slowly being taken away from us.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:22 pm

Maines and the Dixie Chicks have the Freedom to say whatever they want but the radio stations also have the freedom to choose which artist songs are played on there station. As for Ducros, she gave up her right to free speech when she agreed to become the PMs communications director. Well I believe Michael Moore is lower then slime his film shouldn't and probably won't be band.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:51 pm

Smilesandhugs, you've just learned the irony of our version of freedom. That irony being you can say what ever you want. However just like in some less then free countries there ARE repercussions for it. Not as harsh as loosing your life, but loosing your ability to live is getting as close as you can to it.

It's worse if you have brown skin and look like a middle easterner. Cause then they can arrest you, detain you, no lawyer. Pres Bush has recently pushed through a bill that will allow them to try with out representation anybody they deem to be "a threat" (which translates into middle eastern looks)

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:35 pm

http://www.buzzflash.com/farrell/03/03/27.html

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 6:45 pm

polemarch1 wrote:
Maines and the Dixie Chicks have the Freedom to say whatever they want but the radio stations also have the freedom to choose which artist songs are played on there station. As for Ducros, she gave up her right to free speech when she agreed to become the PMs communications director. Well I believe Michael Moore is lower then slime his film shouldn't and probably won't be band.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

— Voltaire

This is something I believe in ever so much....This is something I practice every day............

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:36 pm

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

— Voltaire

A powerfull quote RH....

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:07 pm

Good stuff, Buford. I wish all the Americans, and Canadians for that matter, that I come into contact with would read that article and understand the implications. Unfortunately the situation has become so polarized since Reagan was in power that that is impossible.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:09 am

Looks like we will be spared the horrors of disturbing images of war .

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/articles ... 04&sn=worl

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:34 am

http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0403-01.htm