canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:18 am

If you got to make your points by pissing on the chow line your only shooting yourself in the foot.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:19 am

sasquatch get your head out of your ass, there's no need for arrogant comments like that against your fellow soldier.

you're all on the same team, your opinions all matter

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:28 am

george123 george123:
sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
$1:
Calgary123
a top ranking General

Get serious.... a Major General is really small change---a two star----

This guy would be lucky to command a Division----before he opened his big mouth-----

In the scheme of things his opinion is as valid as a cook's.

BTW I was there in Gulf I----when you were still in diapers.

:roll:

Wow, gulf 1 was before 1982?

I think he means that he believes you were still in diapers well into your teens. :wink:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:29 am

Actually, I have a bit of a problem with this particular cook.

On another thread he was holding forth on the wisdom of not defending your home against invaders using all the anti-gun urban myths----shooting your wife/kids by mistake, the invader shooting you with your own gun cause YOU pissed him off by attempting to defend yourself. His claim to expertise was his occupation as CF member and went on to elaberate on his expertise based upon actually having fired several small arms.....

Then he made a freidian slip. This cook was representing himself as a combat veteran---to further his leftist political agenda. His comments about civil rights is a dead givaway. His one close encounter with a suspected IED, just outside the wire is his most prideful experience.

This leftist Major-General being represented as a "TOP GENERAL". Has he ever stepped outside the "GREEN ZONE"? Is his major field of combat a desk?

Actually, ironically, I recall several non-combat trades being sent to me for periodic weapons qualification.... Believe it or not the cook was the best marksman---the armourer was a klutz.
This E4 armourer tried to throw rank---then spotted my O4 pips under my pancho-------I gave the cook a crash couse on the M2HB and a full belt. Then qualified him on the M2HB.....his feet didn't touch the ground.

As far as CF, I recall a recently retired RSM, confiding that:

"We're not allowed to scold them anymore."

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:37 am

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
While cooks and Major Generals both perform neccessary functions....

They are not the talent pool whose opinion we consult to decide policy.

Yeah, it is a scary place outside the wire. Lucky the bad guys were sloppy and one of your mates was observant-----sometimes the only givaway is a recently disturbed surface----anything unusual.

I LOVE your avatar! That's great! R=UP

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:44 am

$1:
BartSimpson
I LOVE your avatar! That's great!

Ahhhh---Bart??????

I don't have an avatar...............just an attitude.....
:oops:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:49 am

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
Actually, I have a bit of a problem with this particular cook.

On another thread he was holding forth on the wisdom of not defending your home against invaders using all the anti-gun urban myths----shooting your wife/kids by mistake, the invader shooting you with your own gun cause YOU pissed him off by attempting to defend yourself. His claim to expertise was his occupation as CF member and went on to elaberate on his expertise based upon actually having fired several small arms.....

Then he made a freidian slip. This cook was representing himself as a combat veteran---to further his leftist political agenda. His comments about civil rights is a dead givaway. His one close encounter with a suspected IED, just outside the wire is his most prideful experience.

This leftist Major-General being represented as a "TOP GENERAL". Has he ever stepped outside the "GREEN ZONE"? Is his major field of combat a desk?

Actually, ironically, I recall several non-combat trades being sent to me for periodic weapons qualification.... Believe it or not the cook was the best marksman---the armourer was a klutz.
This E4 armourer tried to throw rank---then spotted my O4 pips under my pancho-------I gave the cook a crash couse on the M2HB and a full belt. Then qualified him on the M2HB.....his feet didn't touch the ground.

As far as CF, I recall a recently retired RSM, confiding that:

"We're not allowed to scold them anymore."

Well said.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:51 am

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
$1:
BartSimpson
I LOVE your avatar! That's great!

Ahhhh---Bart??????

I don't have an avatar...............just an attitude.....
:oops:

OOps, wrong guy - still - your avatar of a polar bear in a fine Canadian snowstorm is also most excellent!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:56 am

canuckns canuckns:
An army lives and moves on its stomach.

I always loved coming back to base to a nice hot meal. After a 2 or 3 day patrol eating MREs, the cook was my bestest buddy.

[BB] to the cooks of the CF

PDT_Armataz_01_37

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:48 pm

$1:
BartSimpson

OOps, wrong guy - still - your avatar of a polar bear in a fine Canadian snowstorm is also most excellent!

I'm really impressed! How astute of you to see that.

However what i intended was the NDP proposed CF Battleflag in a Newfoundland Fog.

I regard MRE's as some sort of a leftist plot.

C-rats is something I can deal with. Ham and Hash dinner was my favourite.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:01 pm

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
$1:
Calgary123
a top ranking General

Get serious.... a Major General is really small change---a two star----

This guy would be lucky to command a Division----before he opened his big mouth-----

In the scheme of things his opinion is as valid as a cook's.

BTW I was there in Gulf I----when you were still in diapers.

Well allrighty then "general" Sasquatch... :roll: "small change" huh? :lol:

I'm not even going to bother asking you what boy scout badge you managed to attain... needless to say, a General you aren't... so spare me your rediculous scoffing like you would know better.

By your own logic, your opinion carries as much weight as the "cooks" who... according to you, know very little.

And the fact that you were an active participant in Iraq isn't something to be proud of. Many of the German soldiers (WWII) who were hoodwinked into fighting for a dictators cause after the war felt a sense of shame and guilt... that they were too ignorant or fearful to face the reality of their actions while being involved in it. If your conscience can still find a way to rationalize war crimes... then I pity you. Americans need to be able to separate blind patriotism with sober and rational thought before things are really going to change. They need to come to grips with this, and find their collective conscience so they can really see how destructive these occupations have become.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Scape Scape:
If you got to make your points by pissing on the chow line your only shooting yourself in the foot.

Yeah Cooks in he military get alot of respect maybe a bit too much but I think I know how it must feel for a soldier to say Fuck he was serving sloppy Joes but went out of his way to make me a NY and promised spiked deserts and I did too lol . Its important to feed the military well because half the time the funding provides crap .

I remember one MC looked me square in the eye without smiling and said "wheres the fish ...wheres the f**king fish its friday "... well I knew he was right even though both him and I knew the military sometimes feeds well other times not so much sooo I was about to tell him if he waited I'd help him out, but immediately about 4 or 5 soldiers started pushing him and telling him where to go ...it got worse and they started beating him up and throwing him over tables . They really kicks his ass bad nothing I could do to stop it, the mess hall was shut down for 30 minutes to clean up . After that there was always at least one WO around, but from that day forward I spoiled them as much as possible and got shit for it all the time...everything from steaks BBQs cheese sauces for veggies yorkshire pudding ...what ever they wanted ....holy crap I was treated like a king for it but damn the days were long .

A cook is not a soldier just a necessary part for happy healthy people who works pretty damn hard . Theres nothing better in the military than a cook who knows your taste buds and apetite [cheer] [drool]

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Anaheim Ducks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:05 pm

george123 george123:
You have a problem with cooks? Too bad for you. At least I am willing to do my job and the jobs of others who are not willing to go to the shityest little place on earth. When was the last time you faced off against a possible ied? I did, and I have two young American soldiers and one other Canadian soldier who were there at the time. I have seen the shit end of the world, and I am willing to go back again and again.

You think a cook is not a soldier? We are just as much as any other soldier. You may not think so, but then again, what do you know? Tell me all about it.

General George S. Patton would agree with you.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:02 am

I have a distinct feeling that Patton would not look kindly upon this Maj-General Batiste.

Likely reach for his pearl handled revolvers.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:28 am

My uncle is a great cook and is in the navy and I would probably take his word over a lot of people's any day. :D