Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:22 pm

Bush ad

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:08 pm

Another democratic Presidential candidate????

:lol:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:51 pm

sasquatch2 wrote:
Another democratic Presidential candidate????

funny :roll:

Too bad you couldn't hold a candle to the point being made by a top ranking General who served in Iraq... that this invasion and occupation was a mistake, and they should get the hell out.

All you armchair "generals" around here can do is crack stupid jokes and grasp at the ever-changing illogical arguments for staying... and even worse, escalating this conflict.

How thick can one be to still support this fraud? Even in the face of a clear warning?? From someone who's more than been there???

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:20 pm

Quote:
Calgary123
a top ranking General

Get serious.... a Major General is really small change---a two star----

This guy would be lucky to command a Division----before he opened his big mouth-----

In the scheme of things his opinion is as valid as a cook's.

BTW I was there in Gulf I----when you were still in diapers.

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:34 pm

sasquatch2 wrote:
Quote:
Calgary123
a top ranking General

Get serious.... a Major General is really small change---a two star----

This guy would be lucky to command a Division----before he opened his big mouth-----

In the scheme of things his opinion is as valid as a cook's.

BTW I was there in Gulf I----when you were still in diapers.

Wow, gulf 1 was before 1982?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:39 pm

Quote:
george123

Wow, gulf 1 was before 1982?

We only have you word as a cook about that.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:48 pm

You have a problem with cooks? Too bad for you. At least I am willing to do my job and the jobs of others who are not willing to go to the shityest little place on earth. When was the last time you faced off against a possible ied? I did, and I have two young American soldiers and one other Canadian soldier who were there at the time. I have seen the shit end of the world, and I am willing to go back again and again.

You think a cook is not a soldier? We are just as much as any other soldier. You may not think so, but then again, what do you know? Tell me all about it.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:57 pm

JULY 1982.

two 152mm HE shells wired together.....

How big was yours?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:19 pm

george123 wrote:
You have a problem with cooks? Too bad for you. At least I am willing to do my job and the jobs of others who are not willing to go to the shityest little place on earth. When was the last time you faced off against a possible ied? I did, and I have two young American soldiers and one other Canadian soldier who were there at the time. I have seen the shit end of the world, and I am willing to go back again and again.

You think a cook is not a soldier? We are just as much as any other soldier. You may not think so, but then again, what do you know? Tell me all about it.

Well you don't exchange fire so that point he does have up on you but I know how it feels ...You go to sleep after everyone else and get up before them too and are not necessarily safe from an attack like any other soldier . You can actually find yourself sleeping face down , squatting in a corner or even standing against a wall or whereever you are . The days can be 17 to 20 hours long , its not as organized or risk taking as front line fighters and alot less havoc and surprises ...just really demanding .

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:25 pm

Sasquatch,

Does it matter? You think you are superior to me because I am a cook. You won't listen to me or even care. That smacks of arogance. I am a soldier, a good soldier who does his job to make sure other soldiers lives are a little bit better at the end of the day. I will cook, I will fight, and if it comes to it, I will die. Soldier first.

Really, all that matters is that you are wrong in your views of me. I don't really care what you think of me. I have a career, have been around the world, and have better things to do than deal with people like you. I am through with pissing contests with the likes of you and other arogant bullies. My views are my own, and I really don't expect anyone to end up agreeing with me in the end. I don't have to win an argument. I just have to be satisfied I tried to make my point as best as I can. If others don't feel the same as I do, that is their perogative.

I am satisfied with my career. I will not make disparaging remarks about, or belittle another soldier's trade or their choice of trades. A soldier is a soldier, from cook to infanteer, clerk to gunner, we are all needed, we are all soldiers.

By the way, I don't know what it was, it was under a pile of stuff we had to pick up on our own (four cooks) outside the main gate at the KAF. There was no security, and no one was watching us from the gate. We were alone. When we got there, there were two locals sitting there talking to us as we worked. They were shifty and only one of them spoke broken english. He said they were soldiers, and when asked if he was northern aliance, said "yeah, northern alliance, yeah."

When we came back for the second load, the two Afghanis were not there. As we were loading stuff, my buddy turned around and said, "what are those rods sticking out of that sack?" I turned around ready to laugh at his joke, saw them myself, and then decided we were leaving, to which my buddy, the cpl in charge agreed to. We left, told the KO about it, and he had it dealt with.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:24 am

george123 wrote:

hey you never put anyone down for working for a living..a cook is a very noble profession..soldiers need to eat to believe it or not

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:47 am

While cooks and Major Generals both perform neccessary functions....

They are not the talent pool whose opinion we consult to decide policy.

Yeah, it is a scary place outside the wire. Lucky the bad guys were sloppy and one of your mates was observant-----sometimes the only givaway is a recently disturbed surface----anything unusual.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:11 am

I don't know about you but I always found that cooks held an inornate amount of pull on any ship I served on. They often were the difference between an enjoyable posting or a crappy one.

Our lives are not in the lap of the gods, but in the lap of our cooks.
- Lin Yutang

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:17 am

One of teh cooks at CFB Bagotville was the nicest and coolest guy ever. Portly, but awesome and jolly. :wink: :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:14 am

An army lives and moves on its stomach.

I always loved coming back to base to a nice hot meal. After a 2 or 3 day patrol eating MREs, the cook was my bestest buddy.

[BB] to the cooks of the CF