CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Should US gun laws be made more strict, less strict, or remain as they are?
More Strict  0%  [ 0 ]
Less Strict  0%  [ 0 ]
Remain as They Are  0%  [ 0 ]
Unsure  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:36 pm

george123

It seems the only thing we differ on here is regisration.

I personally see registration is a wasteful and unneccisary invasion of privacy. It is wasteful because that money could be more effectivly spent on better training our police or on providing mental health serivces for the populace (crime and violence reduction). It also interferes with trade and even if it can be made to be painless (the current system truely is not) it meerly serves to further regulate those people who have already taken the time, money and trouble to regulate themselves with licenses. It is unneccisary becase it duplicates a preexisting system: firearm owner registration. The police already know what to expected based on the type of licence a person has. All rifles have the same basic cabapilities. All shotguns have the same basic cabapilities. All handguns have the same basic cabapilities. It is immaterial as to which specific models of these a person has. If a person has an unrestricted licence the police will know to expect rifles and shotguns. If they have a restricted licence the police know to expect handguns. If they have a prohibited licence they police know to expect machineguns and such.

This, of courrse, dosent even begin to regard the fact that there will be absolutly no regisration of illegal guns which are by and large the only guns that are a problem.

Also, a weapon is anything used to inflict or threaten violence agaisnt a human being. None of my firearms are weapons. The overwhelming majority of legal firearms will never be weapons. The majority of weapons used in murder in Canada are not firearms.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:13 pm

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:

Haha.

Sasqauck says he walks around carrying thousand dollar bills but has no idea how many.

:D

quote]If is wasn't dangerous it would not be a weapon.
[/quote]

So people using guns for so called SPORT are dangerous people?

So much for your anti registry arguments

$1:
It is wasteful because that money could be more effectivly spent on better training our police

Oh brother.

Have we all not heard that tired lame excuse before?

BC(Vancouver) say they need more money for more police.Harper and the Cons with a massive surplus say they cannot afford to provide more money for more police

$1:
This, of courrse, dosent even begin to regard the fact that there will be absolutly no regisration of illegal guns

8O

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:08 am

icekarma2752 icekarma2752:
"firearms are dangerous weapons"??..uh i thought for the longest time thats what weapons are supposed to be...oh but of course..if some burglar breaks into my house his safety should be my highest priority

If you use a gun for home safety, you are just as dangerous as a criminal using a gun for crime.

First off, stray bullets can hurt other people you don't intend to. You miss that burgler, the bullet tears through a wall, and your kid or wife is dead. It happens often when someone uses a gun to defend their home. It is more dangerous to you and yours if you pull a gun.

Secondly, if you have that gun taken from you by the intruder, you are dead. They will kill you with your own gun because you have now irevocably threatened their life. Even if they did not intend to hurt anyone, just a smash and grab, they would kill you out of sheer fear and anger.

Thirdly, if you can get to a loaded gun fast enough to stop someone in your house, you obviously do not secure them properly. The entire point of securing your guns is to make it time consuming to get them. This deters theft and crimes of passion, ie: you find your wife in bed with another dude and you just whip out your gun right there and shoot them both. If you can pull out a loaded weapon in the time it would take to get to an intruder who has heard you moving around, you are not securing your guns properly, and you are breaking the law. You should not own guns in that case.

Fourth, if you shoot a dude in your home, you go to jail. It is called assault with a deadly weapon, and probably murder in the second degree. Self defence will not cut it unless there is evidence he had a gun, or was a real life threatening threat to you. You can't just go shooting people who invade your home, no matter how much they may deserve it.

Oh, and yes, his safety should be your priority. If he gets hurt in your home, he will sue your ass. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:14 am

The firearms registry's true pupose was to create a data-base for inevitable confiscation.

Just after GWB was installed he dismissed the UN samall arms initiative and the Baylee/Segment?ladybug faction, Cretin's LIBRANO's howled about Bush's dangerous cowboy mentality to dismiss this UN initiative---which Canada had signed secretly twop years previous. Then they shut up----WHOOPS.

The basis of the initiative was to disarmed the entire global civlian population for 3 key purposes---

1. To promote safety--
2. To control crime---
3. To make the population more governable

Go ahead google it.

It appears that legal firearms owners are considered to be public safety threats by these whachos.

[B]"When a government fears it's citizens----the citizens should fear the government."/B]

Ghandi

The notion that being able to repell a home invader is proof of unsafe storage is ridiculous....regardless the true intent of the framers of the legistlation. Firearms need not be always unloaded and secure----such would prevent their legitimate use and maintainance.

The Justice minister who declared self-defence illegal--Allan Rock---also declared:

"when I came to Ottawa, I was convinced and determined that only the Police and Military should possess firearms."

Last edited by sasquatch2 on Sun May 06, 2007 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:16 am

Toothpick

The problem is that your firearms can become weapons. Theft is a major problem firearms owners face. If your weapons are registered, and then are subsequently stolen, you have more protection for you in the situation. There will be less paperwork, and the process of reporting the stolen weapon will be faster. You call the cops, tell them which weapon is stolen, it goes into the data-base. That will cover you more quickly if the weapon is used in a crime. That is my biggest argument for registration. I would feel better myself if I knew my guns were registered, as it would help me protect myself from theft and it's fallout.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:25 am

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
ROTFALMFAO

Good point George123.

If is wasn't dangerous it would not be a weapon.

In law there is such an item as "a weapon dangerous to the public peace."........which could be a screwdriver or hammer-----usage is largely what defines a weapon......

:lol:

A gun is far more dangerous a weapon than a screwdriver. Any idiot can use a gun to kill many people. Someone with a knife will have to be well trained or pick on poeple who are helpless. This is the problem with this discussion, it is a matter of scale. A gun is more deadly, on average, than a knife. Yes, there are people who are more dangerous with a knife than most are with a gun, I know a few, but they are the minority. A gun is capable of more destruction in a limited amount of time, and the victim has no way of defending themselves. At least with a knife or screwdriver, you have to be right next to the dude, you can brain him good with anything on hand, or beat him with your fists or feet.

The point here is this: Do not try to convolute the argument by saying "well, a screwdriver can kill too." It does not matter, we are talking about guns. The fact that anything can be a weapon means nothing, we are talking about guns.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:30 am

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
The notion that being able to repell a home invader is proof of unsafe storage is ridiculous....regardless the true intent of the framers of the legistlation. Firearms need not be always unloaded and secure----such would prevent their legitimate use and maintainance.

How does it prevent proper maintenance and use? I have a rifle at my unit. For all intents and puposes, it is mine. If I want to clean it or do maintenance, I just go to the lock up, sign it out, do my thing, and put it back. If I go to the range, I sign it out, I go to the range, I come back, I sign it back in.

That was a weak argument, sasquatch.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:31 am

Weak argument? Meanwhile you are detailing circumstance when this issued rifle is not ALWAYS locked up--unloaded and secure. BAKKA

you didn't read this did you?
:roll:

Last edited by sasquatch2 on Sun May 06, 2007 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:34 am

What does it matter? I am not anti-gun. I don't care what people own, I just want them to be smart about it. Going through the rigamarole of the system helps keep guns away from undesireables getting them. It also protects us from problems arising from gun ownership, like theft.

You are just an anarchist with an axe to grind.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:36 am

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
Weak argument? Meanwhile you are detailing circumstance when this issued rifle is not ALWAYS locked up--unloaded and secure. BAKKA

[ :roll: url=http://www.jpfo.org/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm] you didn't read this did you?[/url]

Yes, it is. When I am not using it, it is locked up securely in a vault with no ammunition around it. The bullets are locked in a seperate vault accross the building.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:37 am

How does an easily hacked online registry, listing names address and details of collections for home invaders, burglers enhance public safety? BAKKA

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:38 am

Is it easily hacked? Prove it right now. Hack it and post it here.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:41 am

This has long been established as fact. BTW you a professed law-abidding citizen are counseling an illegal act. BAKKA

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:43 am

You talk, I say bullshit. Prove it is easy to hack. It is not "long established fact", now prove it. Or are you going to dodge around all day?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:52 pm

george123 george123:
icekarma2752 icekarma2752:
"firearms are dangerous weapons"??..uh i thought for the longest time thats what weapons are supposed to be...oh but of course..if some burglar breaks into my house his safety should be my highest priority

If you use a gun for home safety, you are just as dangerous as a criminal using a gun for crime.

First off, stray bullets can hurt other people you don't intend to. You miss that burgler, the bullet tears through a wall, and your kid or wife is dead. It happens often when someone uses a gun to defend their home. It is more dangerous to you and yours if you pull a gun.

Secondly, if you have that gun taken from you by the intruder, you are dead. They will kill you with your own gun because you have now irevocably threatened their life. Even if they did not intend to hurt anyone, just a smash and grab, they would kill you out of sheer fear and anger.

Thirdly, if you can get to a loaded gun fast enough to stop someone in your house, you obviously do not secure them properly. The entire point of securing your guns is to make it time consuming to get them. This deters theft and crimes of passion, ie: you find your wife in bed with another dude and you just whip out your gun right there and shoot them both. If you can pull out a loaded weapon in the time it would take to get to an intruder who has heard you moving around, you are not securing your guns properly, and you are breaking the law. You should not own guns in that case.

Fourth, if you shoot a dude in your home, you go to jail. It is called assault with a deadly weapon, and probably murder in the second degree. Self defence will not cut it unless there is evidence he had a gun, or was a real life threatening threat to you. You can't just go shooting people who invade your home, no matter how much they may deserve it.

Oh, and yes, his safety should be your priority. If he gets hurt in your home, he will sue your ass. :lol:

well duh.i wouldnt use any of my rifles for home defense..i'd use my shotgun..which is what you want for devasting short-range firepower..and yes..i can load a shell into my shotgun in seconds before the intruders chest becomes the receipient of it..and maybe you dont go shooting people who invade YOUR house but my house is a different story..and if he "sues" me..that'd be quite the miracle since i thought for the longest time you have to be alive to do that..sorry but criminals that invade your house deserve that sort of thing...perhaps you should put a sign on your house "this is a burglar friendly house"

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next