CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Should US gun laws be made more strict, less strict, or remain as they are?
More Strict  0%  [ 0 ]
Less Strict  0%  [ 0 ]
Remain as They Are  0%  [ 0 ]
Unsure  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:38 pm

george123 george123:
Excuse me, but you are probably also capable of doing serious harm to someone with your bare hands, and are not afraid to do it. As I have said, go ahead and beat the guy stupid, but if you fire a gun in your home and miss, especialy when it is basicaly combat conditions it is very likely, you could kill the ones you are trying to protect.

Take my advice before you kill the people you are trying to protect.

Or do you not acctualy care about them?

My bold addition. I'll refer you back to my post.
$1:
trained to kill the enemy and an EXCELLENT shot.

Your fears about missing what you shoot at reflect on your own misgivings about your own ability to hit your target. I have no misgivings about my own ability to hit my target.

As for the rest of your post. If you choose to go hand-to-hand with a criminal who has invaded your home when perfectly servicable weapons are close at hand, you're an idiot. :roll: I prefer to keep my distance and eliminate the threat without getting into a wrestling match.

I understand you don't actually care for criminals but your fear of using firearms is a reflection on your lack of confidence in your own abilities. Maybe more time on the range is needed with a good coach, but please preach to me about firearms being dangerous to loved ones. I've owned firearms for over 30 years, both of my sons have grown up with firearms and know how to use them and my wife is also an avid shooter who is also an excellent shot. Save your doubt for yourself and let me deal with threats as I see fit.

$1:

Your advice is useless for me and others who know how to shoot!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:40 pm

george123 george123:
If you want to argue about it, go ahead. I have made up my mind about you, and find that I will get more inteligent conversation on this topic from a lobotomised chimp (and less dodging at that).

I guess I should take my own advice, here, eh?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:00 pm

george123 george123:
george123 george123:
If you want to argue about it, go ahead. I have made up my mind about you, and find that I will get more inteligent conversation on this topic from a lobotomised chimp (and less dodging at that).

I guess I should take my own advice, here, eh?

Well George, I bring up salient points, you respond with a weak attempt at humour. Oh well, good thing I'm retiring, if you with your "not too bad a shot" is the best the CF can come up with who gets mad when someone recommends more training to better his shooting.

If you feel I've dodged something please enlighten me.(Maybe without referring to someone who has a different opinion than yours as a lobotomized chimp)

You wanted to push your belief on others, I chose to disagree, you had a hissy fit. I think that summed it up nicely.

By the way, if you would like some advice for shooting or just general infantry training, PM me. Just don't whine like a little girl if you don't like the advice. :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:31 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
george123 george123:
Excuse me, but you are probably also capable of doing serious harm to someone with your bare hands, and are not afraid to do it. As I have said, go ahead and beat the guy stupid, but if you fire a gun in your home and miss, especialy when it is basicaly combat conditions it is very likely, you could kill the ones you are trying to protect.

Or do you not acctualy care about them?

My bold addition. I'll refer you back to my post.
$1:
trained to kill the enemy and an EXCELLENT shot.

Your fears about missing what you shoot at reflect on your own misgivings about your own ability to hit your target. I have no misgivings about my own ability to hit my target.

As for the rest of your post. If you choose to go hand-to-hand with a criminal who has invaded your home when perfectly servicable weapons are close at hand, you're an idiot. :roll: I prefer to keep my distance and eliminate the threat without getting into a wrestling match.

I understand you don't actually care for criminals but your fear of using firearms is a reflection on your lack of confidence in your own abilities. Maybe more time on the range is needed with a good coach, but please preach to me about firearms being dangerous to loved ones. I've owned firearms for over 30 years, both of my sons have grown up with firearms and know how to use them and my wife is also an avid shooter who is also an excellent shot. Save your doubt for yourself and let me deal with threats as I see fit.

$1:

Your advice is useless for me and others who know how to shoot!

Amen. R=UP

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:31 pm

Your opinion is meaningless, just as mine is to you. Your "salient points" mean as much to me as the gibbering of a lobotomised chimp, as you do not even considder that other people may have a point on a subject in general, not just relating to you. You think you are right? Prove it to my satisfaction. Prove that guns in a home, used for defence, prevent robbery and violence. Until then, you are just blowing hot air.

My question is, how are you not pushing your beliefs on me? You scream and yell for "gun rights", and tell us all that the gun registry is a crock, and force us to have to hear it whenever you get pissed off that it takes a couple of days longer to get your new toy. I don't care about your guns. I don't care what you think, but every time I turn on the news to find out what's going on in the world, and I hear this argument again, it wasts my time. Why do you inundate us with your whining about the government trying to control your lives, when we are happy there are laws to protect us. Quit forcing your opinions and beliefs on me, and maybe I will be content to let you have some peace in return.

By the way:

The CF is in trouble right now because of the attitudes kept by the assholes who think human rights are crap, not because I am there. I am a productive member in a unit that does not go to the ranges all the time. I make sure guys like you get to eat. I leave the fighting and killing to the infantry types, but I am not affraid to do that job, either. I carry a rifle, I walk 14 km in under 2.5 hours, I have been to Afghanistan. I am willing to cary on, even through all the stupid bullshit I have to put up with. You have to admit there is a lot of it, too many guys are getting out citing that as the reason. I am even seeing guys who are in 14-19 years giving up their pension because the bullshit mind games are too thick.

You are getting out? Good for you. Don't insult the ones who are staying through the shit times to come.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:56 pm

george123 george123:
You are getting out? Good for you. Don't insult the ones who are staying through the shit times to come.

"Retiring" means he has served his time and has, no doubt, seen plenty of hard times. You're out of line here, mister.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:33 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
george123 george123:

"Retiring" means he has served his time and has, no doubt, seen plenty of hard times. You're out of line here, mister.

Bart he revealed his ignorance enough. I have no problem with service support guys unless they pretend to be fighting soldiers on the internet when they aren't. Again before support guys get upset, I have nothing but respect for you, after all you keep me fed and clothed. But when someone pretends to be something they are not it pisses me off. I refer to
$1:
? Army, right here. Trained to kill an enemy, and not too bad a shot. Fired assault rifles and machineguns, 5.56 and 7.62mm. Carried a rifle in a theater of war. Trained on Carl G. and m-72, as well as grenades.
when in fact he really is
$1:
I make sure guys like you get to eat. I leave the fighting and killing to the infantry types,
Enough said about that.

As for this
$1:
how are you not pushing your beliefs on me?
How is me owning guns and using them to protect my house forcing my beliefs on you? Where you wish to take away my right to protect myself and loved ones. Sorry troop, you're out to lunch on this one!

But further in it gets better,
$1:
I don't care about your guns. I don't care what you think,
which gets to the crux of the matter he DOESN'T CARE but sure raises a stink if I want to own guns or use them to protect my family! :roll:

I like this one,
$1:
Quit forcing your opinions and beliefs on me, and maybe I will be content to let you have some peace in return.
just as long as I don't own guns or use them to protect myself and family!

$1:
The CF is in trouble right now because of the attitudes kept by the assholes who think human rights are crap, not because I am there
I don't see where this has any relevance to the discusion.

And lastly,
$1:
As Bart pointed out RETIRING, not just getting out, big difference. I didn't insult those who are staying in the CF, most of my friends are still in, I pointed out the fallacies in your posts, offered some corrective training and you had a temper tantrum thus revealing your immaturity and lack of professionalism.

Have a nice day, any advice needed just be sure to PM me!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:19 pm

george123 george123:
Is it easily hacked? Prove it right now. Hack it and post it here.

The database doesn't need to be hacked. It is freely available thanks to the Ottawa Citizen and the RCMP. 8O I cannot post links yet so you will have to use Google to find the article. I searched using "Ottawa Citizen Firearms Registry" and the correct link is the canada dot com result. It was the first one in my search results. Imagine, a searchable database of every registered firearm in Canada posted for all to see on the 'net.

If that wasn't a FOIP blunder I don't know what is, and yet nothing has been done to stop it. Before you say that 2 digits of a gun owner's postal code is not enough info for a burglar, remember that not everyone lives in big cities.

I am living proof that registration equals confiscation. I own many firearms, and have for all of my life (47 years). A favourite firearm of mine is my FN-FAL rifle. I have seen the FN go from non-restricted, to restricted and then to prohibited. Just when I thought that it could not get any worse than prohibited, the asshats in Ottawa prooved me wrong. Recently they decided that all prohibited long arms could no longer be taken to a range to be fired. I am sure that a blind man can see what will be the next step proposed by the Lieberals. After all, what possible use can anyone have for a rifle that they cannot legally fire ANYWHERE? The answer to that is nothing, so they will be sure to confiscate it the next time the Lieberals regain power.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:58 am

$1:
gEORGE123
The CF is in trouble right now because of the attitudes kept by the assholes who think human rights are crap, not because I am there. I am a productive member in a unit that does not go to the ranges all the time. I make sure guys like you get to eat. I leave the fighting and killing to the infantry types, but I am not affraid to do that job, either. I carry a rifle, I walk 14 km in under 2.5 hours, I have been to Afghanistan. I am willing to cary on, even through all the stupid bullshit I have to put up with. You have to admit there is a lot of it, too many guys are getting out citing that as the reason. I am even seeing guys who are in 14-19 years giving up their pension because the bullshit mind games are too thick.

ROTFALMFAO!!!!!

This idiot is a COOK.

Recently in my home I had the pleasure of entertaining a fully qualified Canadian MP, with time served in Afghanistan.

After listening to some of his bragadio----in front of witnesses I presented to him an unloaded P35 Browning and asked him to field strip it. He jacked the slide, set the safety then struggled with the slide latch---then asked for a HAMMER. I then demonstrated the technique and drilled him on it.
Such expertise and the crap you spew shows why our guys end up tied to telphone poles by teenagers.

GET BACK TO YOUR FIELD KITCHEN AND SHUT THE ***K UP.
:roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:08 am

sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
ROTFALMFAO!!!!!

This idiot is a COOK.

Very observant! R=UP

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:53 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
ROTFALMFAO!!!!!

This idiot is a COOK.

Very observant! R=UP

I may not agree with his politics but I deplore the measuring of a soldiers worth by trade. Good natured ribbing is part of the army lifestyle but outward animosity or belittling of a soldiers military contribution through weighing its value against your own in front of a board full of civilians breaks faith with the protocol of DFB!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:08 am

grainfedprairieboy grainfedprairieboy:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
sasquatch2 sasquatch2:
ROTFALMFAO!!!!!

This idiot is a COOK.

Very observant! R=UP

I may not agree with his politics but I deplore the measuring of a soldiers worth by trade. Good natured ribbing is part of the army lifestyle but outward animosity or belittling of a soldiers military contribution through weighing its value against your own in front of a board full of civilians breaks faith with the protocol of DFB!

It was not meant as an attack against support trades, rather the opposite. It was a comment on an individual who originally tried to portray himself as some sort of combat arms veteran and slipped up and exposed himself as a cook.

As an aside, I don't like anything he has whined about on this thread about me forcing views on him, whereas a quick read will reveal he is the one who wishes to impose his views on others. I offered help, he responded with insults and thus that is where we are. If he is a big boy, he will suck it up and learn from his mistakes. If not, too bad, I tried to help him.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:27 am

$1:
2Cdo
It was not meant as an attack against support trades, rather the opposite. It was a comment on an individual who originally tried to portray himself as some sort of combat arms veteran and slipped up and exposed himself as a cook.

Exactly!

However most veterans, while realizing that the cooks are generally making the best out of bad situation, are not in raptures about the grub they produce.

I recall a cook being awarded a "purple heart" during TET. Apparently he tripped over a mop during an "incoming" alert. I have not worn mine since.
:roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:41 am

No offence to cooks was intended at all! REMFs are great people *except* when they pretend to be something they're not.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:42 am

On the subject of army cooks. I just returned last week from an exercise where the cooks did an outstanding job feeding the troops! PDT_Armataz_01_37

Now for young George123 (and I use the term young literally as I am probably near twice your age) all of these cooks on this exercise have been to Afghanistan and every single one of them would never claim to be trained in the use of grenades and anti-tank weapons. Threw a few grenades and maybe fired an anti-tank weapon but definitely not "trained" in their use for applying force to an enemy.

George the invite to PM me is still open if you truly, honestly want some advice on shooting. Contrary to what you might think, I don't hate you or even dislike you, I just think you needed to be corrected for implying that you were something that you aren't. After all, that is my job as an NCO, to correct faults of subordinates. PDT_Armataz_01_28

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  Next