No  72%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 25

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:53 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
I wonder if George W can find it on a map?

considering he has difficulty to find Kanada on the map, I'm guessing no.. ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:51 am

martin14 martin14:
Spain will not recognize Kosovo.. because of the Basques, and Catalonia as well
(its the area around Barcelona)

neither Slovakia, it has 10% of its territory inhabited by ethinic Hungarians, no use giving them any help.

couple of other countries in the EU are in the same boat.. so this is not a unanimous decision... and Russia and now China are in no hurry for this...

Kosovo has nothing, no resources, no factories, no education.. unemployment around 60%, no civil society to speak of. It will become a colony of the EU,
another black hole to dump millions of Euros into.. which is why they will NOT
integrate with Albania.

And another million Muslims into Europe... and there is no such thing as a 'secular Muslim'.. dont know who is writing that bullshit.

The EU said the easiest way to solve this is to bring Serbia and Kosovo into the EU... which neither of these is anywhere near being even close to thinking about entering.. thats all just bs from a bunch of idiots who dont have the slightest idea of what is going on.......

UN resolution 1244 ( i think ) states Kosovo is an integral part of Serbia.. so its more bs from the US and UK,France and Germany.

I am starting to really feel sorry for the Serbs .. since Slovenia left Yugoslavia
they have become truly the whipping boys of Europe, just getting fucked left right and center.

Its not good to beat on people like this.. maybe they get upset one day.

This Anti-Muslim schtick is getting rather old. :roll:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:01 am

Let see...China and Russia object to the recognition of Kosovo whereas our traditional allies like USA and UK recognize Kosovo...

IMHO this is a no brainer and we should stand shoulder to shoulder with our allies and friends....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:19 am

This Anti-Muslim schtick is getting rather old. :roll:[/quote]

ok.. just sit on your fat ass and wait.. they will come to you..

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:26 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
$1:
There was no word from Ottawa on what position the Canadian government would take. The Department of Foreign Affairs issued a statement Sunday saying only that “the government is still considering a decision.”

By sidestepping the UN and appealing directly to the United States and other countries for recognition, Kosovo's independence set up a showdown with Serbia – outraged at the imminent loss of its territory.

I already heard that Harper was getting hit for not following along with the US but something like this could have deep reprecussions with Quebec. If we were so quick to recognise this, what about Taiwan or another Quebec referendum?

Exactly. This is a sword that cuts both ways.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:33 am

westmanguy westmanguy:
I honestly don't understand this situation, so I don't have an opinion.

But if people want independence, why deny them it? Obviously it has to be a certain percentage. And why would the Serbs want to keep Kosovo, when they obviously want out?

Because Kosovo is the home of the world's richest tin mine. Many people, myself included, are of the perception that the whole fake 'genocide' in Kosovo was a construct to justify the European seizure of this strategic resource. Also, it is anticipated that there exists in Kosovo deep reserves of oil.

And no one should fool themselves about Kosovo being truly independent - the intent is for Kosovo to eventually annex itself to Albania. A point that is readily grasped by viewing the crowds celebrating "independence".

Those are Albanian flags those 'Kosovars' are waving, not Kosovo flags. And even the proposed Kosovo flag is merely an Albanian device.

Kosovo belongs to Serbia. Period.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:55 pm

BartSimpson
$1:
Because Kosovo is the home of the world's richest tin mine. Many people, myself included, are of the perception that the whole fake 'genocide' in Kosovo was a construct to justify the European seizure of this strategic resource. Also, it is anticipated that there exists in Kosovo deep reserves of oil.

And no one should fool themselves about Kosovo being truly independent - the intent is for Kosovo to eventually annex itself to Albania. A point that is readily grasped by viewing the crowds celebrating "independence".

Yep they are primarilly Albanians....
Affirmative on the Tin resource too....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:17 pm

Why exactly do the Albanians use the imperial standard of the Byzantine Empire(the two headed Roman eagle representing the Eastern and Western Empires of Rome)? I understand all about the Russian connection to Constantinople and thus Rome, but Albania is a Muslim state and that flag was the symbol of a Christian empire/society.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:21 pm

stemmer stemmer:
Let see...China and Russia object to the recognition of Kosovo whereas our traditional allies like USA and UK recognize Kosovo...

IMHO this is a no brainer and we should stand shoulder to shoulder with our allies and friends....

Well we stayed out of Iraq when our closest friends and allies went in, right or wrong. I think we should stay mum on this. In hindsight, I think that it was a mistake for NATO ever to have gotten involved in Kosovo.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:27 pm

with an election coming in Canada it wouldnt be good for Harper to recognize this..it would be politically not wise...bush however is on his last legs .. so no biggy for him...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:21 pm

Well we stayed out of Iraq when our closest friends and allies went in, right or wrong. I think we should stay mum on this. In hindsight, I think that it was a mistake for NATO ever to have gotten involved in Kosovo.

NO...we stayed out of Iraq because Jean Chretien's son-in-law Andre Desmarais's father Paul Desmarais own's a financial investment/holding company known as the Power Corp. TotaFinaElf in France is owned by the Power Corporation... TotalFinaElf signed an deal with Saddam giving then rights to the Iraqi oil fields...

Needless to say when the USA, UK and Australia liberated Iraq, Andre Desmarais (married to Chertien's daughter) and Paul Desmarais (father of Paul) lost a lot of money....

Power Corporation
http://www.powercorporation.com/index.php?lang=eng

Total Fina Elf
http://www.total.com/2001_annual_report ... /1.4.1.htm

$1:

André Desmarais

André Desmarais, O.C. (born October 26, 1956, in Ottawa, Ontario) is a Canadian businessman, whose hometown is Montreal, Canada.

He is one of two sons of Paul Desmarais, Sr. He is currently the president and co-chief executive officer of his father's founding company the Power Corporation, based in Montreal, Canada. It is a diversified management and holding company, which has holdings in leading financial services and the communications sector. Through its European-based affiliate Pargesa group, Power Corporation holds significant positions in major media, energy, water, waste services, and specialty minerals companies. Power Corporation also has diversified interests in Asia.

He attended Selwyn House School and later obtained a Bachelor of Commerce from Concordia University, both located in Montreal.

He was appointed as a member of the Hong Kong Chief Executive's Council of International Advisers in the years of 1998-2005[1].

In 2003 he was appointed to the International Council of the JP Morgan Chase Bank. Also in that year he was named an officer of the Order of Canada.

He is married to France Chrétien Desmarais, the daughter of former Prime Minister of Canada Jean Chrétien. They have four children.

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9_Desmarais

$1:
Paul Desmarais

Paul Desmarais, Sr., P.C., C.C., B.Comm, LL.D (born January 4, 1927, in Sudbury, Ontario) is a Canadian financier in Montreal and one of the ten richest persons in Canada (6th richest). He counts among his friends Brian Mulroney, former prime minister of Canada; Jean Chrétien, former prime minister of Canada; the late Pierre Elliot Trudeau, former prime minister of Canada; George H. W. Bush Sr. former President of United States of America; George W. Bush Jr. current President of United States of America and current President of France Nicolas Sarkozy.

After having graduated from Ottawa and McGill Universities, Desmarais began his career at a Montreal accounting firm called Courtois, Fredette et cie, before returning to Sudbury to take the helm of his family's bus service, Sudbury Bus Lines, in 1951. He then acquired additional bus lines in the Ottawa area and Quebec City (including Quebec Autobus and Provincial Transport). By 1968 the holding company which Desmarais had acquired three years earlier, Trans-Canada Corporation Fund (TCCF), owned the bus line Provincial Transport, an interest in Toronto-based Imperial Life Assurance and Gesca Ltée, (which had an interest in the Montreal paper La Presse). That year TCCF made a share-exchange offer with Power Corporation of Canada, headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, whereby Paul Desmarais became Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.

Desmarais' Power Corporation of Canada owns about 15% of Groupe Bruxelles Lambert, a Belgian holding company, which in 2001 acquired a 25% interest in the German media company Bertelsmann, whose subsidiaries include BMG and Random House. Groupe Bruxelles Lambert owns 3.7% of the French oil conglomerate Total. Desmarais has been accused of having close business ties with Saddam Hussein, which Desmarais has denied. Total made a deal with Hussein giving it exploration rights to 25% of Iraq's oil reserves.

In 1974, Desmarais named employee Paul Martin, Jr. as president of a Power Corporation subsidiary, Canada Steamship Lines Inc. In 1981, he sold the company to Laurence Pathy and Paul Martin, Jr. The latter became Prime Minister of Canada on December 12, 2003. In 1978 he was made an Officer of the Order of Canada and was promoted to Companion in 1986. Desmarais is a staunch opponent of the Quebec sovereignty movement.

Paul Desmarais sits on the advisory board of the Carlyle Group.

Desmarais has two sons: Paul Jr. and André (who is married to former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chrétien's daughter France) and two daughters, Sophie and Louise.

As a sign of his connection to the University of Ottawa, a 12-storey building was named in his honour due to his contribution of $15 million dollars to the university.[1].

Bottom line - instead of standing by our natural and long time allies, Chretien stood by his money and put Canada's reputation at risk...AND stood alongside China & Russia....

Let's not do the same mistake once more and this time let's stand by our allies and friends...AND tell China and Russia to kiss our arse...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:37 am

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:39 am

People who believe Chretien's decision against liberating Iraq was based upon his good morals need to read & learn history...

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archiv ... nnections/

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Edmonton Oilers

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:44 am

stemmer stemmer:

Maybe NATO's involvement in Kosovo explains why their not ready to fully commit in Afghanistan? Except for Canada, the US and UK of course..

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Edmonton Oilers

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:50 am

stemmer stemmer:
People who believe Chretien's decision against liberating Iraq was based upon his good morals need to read & learn history...

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archiv ... nnections/

Those people would be Liberals and no matter how much facts you provide they will always counter it with Anti-Bush-US Rants..