CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:38 pm

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 19721.html

Full title:

Quote:
Emmanuel Macron calls for creation of a ‘true European army’ to defend against Russia and the US

Emmanuel Macron has called for the creation of a “true European army” to allow the EU defend itself from threats ranging from Donald Trump to Vladimir Putin.

The French president has pushed for closer EU defence union since coming to power last year but has been so far met with limited success amid foot-dragging by other member states.

“We have to protect ourselves with respect to China, Russia and even the United States of America,” Mr Macron told France’s Europe 1 radio in an interview.

“When I see President Trump announcing that he’s quitting a major disarmament treaty which was formed after the 1980s Euro-missile crisis that hit Europe, who is the main victim? Europe and its security.”

The French president continued: “We will not protect the Europeans unless we decide to have a true European army.

“We need a Europe which defends itself better alone, without just depending on the United States, in a more sovereign manner.”

Mr Macron was speaking in Verdun, northeast France, as part of a week-long tour of battlefields leading up to First World War Armistice centenary commemorations on Sunday.

The French head of state will receive world leaders including Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin for commemoration ceremonies in Paris on Remembrance Sunday.

Well, I've long said that I see the EU as an adversary to the USA and now that's coming true.

I imagine someone in the USAF saw this and then double checked the targeting coordinates for Brussels, Berlin, and Paris.

Just in case. PDT_Armataz_01_35

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Isn't the official America's Enemies list already long enough for your liking? Was there a genuine specific need for that mean and stupid piece of shit you voted for to turn your friends into enemies as well?

The answer ought to be fascinating. Batshit insane and without any anchor at all in existing reality, but fascinating nonetheless.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:02 pm

The real issue for the EU here is they want a national army so they can use it to stop any more countries from departing the EU.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

Warnings: (40%)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Not to worry, Macron's popularity is now down under Le Pen .. again.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:59 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
The real issue for the EU here is they want a national army so they can use it to stop any more countries from departing the EU.

Yeah right. Seriously that’s pretty fat fetched

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:43 pm

Why do you think our EU hater gang is so vocal? They just can't stand the thought of anything rivaling the USA that's not a sworn enemy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:20 am

In truth I'm in favor of this. We can pull out troupes and close bases. In the end it saves us a ton of money. It is far cheaper to house our troupes here at home then in other nations.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:06 am

herbie wrote:
Why do you think our EU hater gang is so vocal? They just can't stand the thought of anything rivaling the USA that's not a sworn enemy.

I just wonder why he calls for Canada to gain the ability to defend itself, but complains when the EU does it.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:12 am

stratos wrote:
In truth I'm in favor of this. We can pull out troupes and close bases. In the end it saves us a ton of money. It is far cheaper to house our troupes here at home then in other nations.

Quote:
troupe
{troop}Theater

NOUN
a company, band, or group of singers, actors, or other performers, especially one that travels about.

???

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:15 am

stratos wrote:

If that were to come to pass Macron and lot of other Europeans had better start learning Russian.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:51 am

I suspect in 30 years the world will look something like Gomberg Map. (I don't necessarily want this, I just feel like this is where we are headed...)

Last edited by llama66 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:52 am

herbie wrote:
Why do you think our EU hater gang is so vocal?
Because the EU is an entirely undemocratic superstate.
But then again, things like democracy are fascist and the right to self-determination is racist, according to the ALT-leftards.
And let's look at O'Bumwad during the referendum period. Threatening Britain economically if they leave the EU. This begs the question, what fucking business was it of O'Bumwad's what Britain does in regards to the EU?

Of course I'm sure you'd be fine with some un-elected jack off in Mexico City telling you that you can't fish your own territorial waters while Mexican trawlers fish them. Or maybe some un-elected dingus in New York City telling is how many refugees and immigrants we have to take in every year.
Or maybe it's simply the fact the EEC said nothing while Britain was dragged illegally and unconstitutionally into the EEC while throwing a shit hemorrhage over Britain leaving the EU based on a democratic vote. To the point that Drunker Junckers even exclaimed they can't be giving EU citizens the right to vote themselves out of the EU.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:57 am

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
herbie wrote:
Why do you think our EU hater gang is so vocal?
Because the EU is an entirely undemocratic superstate.
But then again, things like democracy are fascist and the right to self-determination is racist, according to the ALT-leftards.
And let's look at O'Bumwad during the referendum period. Threatening Britain economically if they leave the EU. This begs the question, what fucking business was it of O'Bumwad's what Britain does in regards to the EU?

Of course I'm sure you'd be fine with some un-elected jack off in Mexico City telling you that you can't fish your own territorial waters while Mexican trawlers fish them. Or maybe some un-elected dingus in New York City telling is how many refugees and immigrants we have to take in every year.
Or maybe it's simply the fact the EEC said nothing while Britain was dragged illegally and unconstitutionally into the EEC while throwing a shit hemorrhage over Britain leaving the EU based on a democratic vote. To the point that Drunker Junckers even exclaimed they can't be giving EU citizens the right to vote themselves out of the EU.

I'm going to counter with US States can't vote themselves out of the union.. does that make the United States undemocratic?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._White

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

Warnings: (40%)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:13 am

llama66 wrote:
I'm going to counter with US States can't vote themselves out of the union.. does that make the United States undemocratic?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._White

Quote:
The Union of the States never was a purely artificial and arbitrary relation.

Which, of course, the EU is.. in spades.

But yes, in that area the US is undemocratic. The Civil War showed that.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:40 pm

These statements are being taken out of context. The point is that the US withdrawal from the missile treaty should have been discussed with European countries which could be affected by it.

The EU is not a state. Its members have been involved in multiple military actions of their own volition and it is possible to leave, unlike the US. But it is also true over the longer term that Europe will either hang together or separately. There is a reason Putin wants to see the EU destroyed.