bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:42 am

Robair Robair:
Harper's good at scoring political points. Full stop.

What good would political points do for him now?

Harper may have been many things but stupid wasn't one of them and if he can see what's happening with the NAFTA negotiations i'm inclined to believe him especially after the litany of insults and innuendos being bandied about by two sides who, for personal reasons obviously don't want a resolution.

The only losers in this long cock contest are going to be the taxpayers of both countries but that doesn't seem to bother these people who'd rather save face than do the right thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:23 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
bootlegga bootlegga:
Trump means to crush us so he can get a 'win' and bolster his flagging popularity.

The next elections are just six weeks away. Let's wait until then to make any assumptions about the President's popularity or approval with the actual public.

I say that because the polls and pundits are no more rational now than they were two years ago.

I doubt that Trump's nature, which has been on public display for decades now, will miraculously change in six weeks.

He'll either pout and sulk if the 'blue wave' takes place, or claim his trade and foreign policy have been vindicated if it hasn't.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:29 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
He'll either pout and sulk if the 'blue wave' takes place, or claim his trade and foreign policy have been vindicated if it hasn't.

If the GOP doesn't lose seats and if they gain seats then, yes, it would be a vindication of his foreign policies, trade policies, tax policies, and domestic policies.

Just the same as the Democrat's getting their asses handed to them in 2010 was a repudiation of their idiotic heath care program.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:35 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Robair Robair:
Harper's good at scoring political points. Full stop.

What good would political points do for him now?
I don't know WTF he's up to. But he's been promoting himself quite a bit lately.

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Harper may have been many things but stupid wasn't one of them and if he can see what's happening with the NAFTA negotiations i'm inclined to believe him especially after the litany of insults and innuendos being bandied about by two sides who, for personal reasons obviously don't want a resolution.
Harper isn't stupid. Trudeau, well an argument could be made for sure.

Harper has proven to be a lying, self serving, back stabbing career politician. Which is why you shouldn't believe him. Ever.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:45 am

$1:
lying, self serving, back stabbing

Is this not skills listed as requirements to be a politician?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:52 am

llama66 llama66:
$1:
lying, self serving, back stabbing

Is this not skills listed as requirements to be a politician?
It worked for Stevie.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:45 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
bootlegga bootlegga:

If the GOP doesn't lose seats and if they gain seats then, yes, it would be a vindication of his foreign policies, trade policies, tax policies, and domestic policies.

Just the same as the Democrat's getting their asses handed to them in 2010 was a repudiation of their idiotic heath care program.

He'd be right if the economics of his policies were known, but they may not be.

If the election was next year and the effects were known, you'd be right, but because the election is in November and we won't actually know yet, it won't be accurate to say it is a vindication or not.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:50 am

Resolving disputes in US courts would be like bringing your own ref to a game. It’s simply an insult to the other countries in NAFTA. And May wants to bargain with these people.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:20 pm

'There is a growing frustration': Top Republican slams Canada's NAFTA negotiating tactics

:lol:

So paraphrased "If Canada doesn't bend over, it'll be Canada's fault the deal doesn't happen."

Pound sand, eh.

Canada didn't start the trade war.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:25 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
If the GOP doesn't lose seats and if they gain seats then, yes, it would be a vindication of (Trump's) foreign policies, trade policies, tax policies, and domestic policies.

If the election was next year and the effects were known, you'd be right, but because the election is in November and we won't actually know yet, it won't be accurate to say it is a vindication or not.

It's been two years since the last election and this election is absolutely going to be a plebiscite on the imaginary Russia Collusion, trade, immigration, and tax policies.

Trump's tax policies put thousands of dollars back in the bank accounts of a lot of American families and his trade policies have brought back so many union jobs that even some Democrat analysts are starting to say that the manufacturing unions have been lost to the GOP.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Oh FFS what union jobs have been 'brought back'?
You seem to believe every fucking line of shit the Orange Arsehole spews on faith alone. Including the one that corporations should pay less tax than welfare recipients. The idiot just pissed away the treasury and won't reveal his own taxes.
Why do you think that is? Because he does't want people to know how little he paid and how much less he will pay under his new rules!

And NONE of which has SFA to do with NAFTA talks and his notion that "deal" and "win" mean the same thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:37 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
bootlegga bootlegga:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
If the GOP doesn't lose seats and if they gain seats then, yes, it would be a vindication of (Trump's) foreign policies, trade policies, tax policies, and domestic policies.

It's been two years since the last election and this election is absolutely going to be a plebiscite on the imaginary Russia Collusion, trade, immigration, and tax policies.

Trump's tax policies put thousands of dollars back in the bank accounts of a lot of American families and his trade policies have brought back so many union jobs that even some Democrat analysts are starting to say that the manufacturing unions have been lost to the GOP.

I wasn't talking about immigration, collusion or his tax policies, as they are not relevant to thread about trade in North America.

But these are - and if we see too many stories like these, the blue wave will happen:

$1:
SOYBEAN FARMER: TRUMP'S TRADE WAR HAS 'DEVASTATED' INDUSTRY

https://www.newsweek.com/farmer-soybean ... ar-1069593

$1:
TRUMP'S TRADE WAR, TARIFFS, HIT NEW ENGLAND LOBSTERS

https://www.newsweek.com/lobster-trump- ... nd-1068106

Great quote from a Trump supporter:

$1:
“I’ve got a cracked pelvis just from getting my butt kicked based on these prices.”

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:49 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:

$1:

$1:

$1:
“I’ve got a cracked pelvis just from getting my butt kicked based on these prices.”

Fantastic! It's great to see the American workers suffering. Let's keep the suffering going...I hope China annihilates a few more US industries along the way.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Coach85 Coach85:
bootlegga bootlegga:

$1:

$1:

$1:

Fantastic! It's great to see the American workers suffering. Let's keep the suffering going...I hope China annihilates a few more US industries along the way.

Exactly why is it great to see American workers suffering?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:16 pm

rickc rickc:
Exactly why is it great to see American workers suffering?

Because your President is an idiot and thinks he holds all the cards. He's getting a quick lesson that negotiating trade deals isn't like strong-arming a tile supplier.

Your President and other American's joke about the 'ruination' of certain sectors of our economy in some sad bargaining 'tactic' along with claiming we're a threat to National security.

Maybe suffering workers will put some pressure on the idiots you have in office there to change course on trade. Until then, I'll sit back with a beer and cheer every time another industry suffers at the hands of Captain Orange.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 501 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  Next