Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:41 am

PM Stephen Harper critical of human rights issues in China at trade summit.

What about the human right abuses right here in Canada??

The treatment of Native Indians as 3rd class citizens.

The overwhelming homeless population on the streets of Canadian cities.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:47 am

tritium tritium:
What about the human right abuses right here in Canada??
Name one.
$1:
If they are 3rd class, why do we provide them with money?
$1:
That is of their own doing. No fault lies on the government.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:05 am

Name One. O.K.

1. Syrian refugee Hassan Almrei, has spent the past 43 months in a 9 x 12 solitary confinement cell at Toronto's Metro West Detention Centre. Held without charge or bail on a CSIS secret trial security certificate, Hassan is under threat of deportation to what human rights experts confirm will be a future of torture or worse in Syria.

Yes Canada held a secret trial where the defendant was not allowed to know what he was charged with.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/almrei/

Last edited by tritium on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:16 am

Tricks Tricks:

Tricks man, you really are a cracker.

It's obvious you don't get out of the trailer park much. Just go downtown on the streets of Vancouver or Calgary to see how Native Indians are treated.

Sit down on a corner stone and watch the way people react to Native Indians, walking by them as if they are invisible. Same with the homeless population in Canada.

Yes the country does provide aid to the Indian Reservations, but not much. I guess we just hope they stay there, out of sight, out of mind. But it's the least we can do after stealing their country.

$1:
That is of their own doing. No fault lies on the government.[/quote]

You are an ignorant fuck Tricks.

Lets put you on the streets of Vancouver with no money or family and see how far you can go before you start selling your ass.

You have no place to shower or stay clean. You smell and your clothes are dirty. Now go look for a job, looking like that.

You live in a hostel where you need to worry about your shoes being stolen, or your clothes.

Even if you get a welfare check for $450 - where are you going to find shelter, you can't go back to the hostel, you have a check.

It's perpetual and people end up staying that way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally to break this habit I think they should cut welfare all together and build Hostels or "Transitional Houses" with private rooms and safe environment for people to clean up.

Then provide a phone, resumes and education for those who require it. Also, a drug rehab to deal with addictions.

To me that seems more productive than just giving out a check.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:00 pm

tritium tritium:
tritium tritium:
Tricks Tricks:

Tricks man, you really are a cracker.

It's obvious you don't get out of the trailer park much. Just go downtown on the streets of Vancouver or Calgary to see how Native Indians are treated.

Sit down on a corner stone and watch the way people react to Native Indians, walking by them as if they are invisible. Same with the homeless population in Canada.

Yes the country does provide aid to the Indian Reservations, but not much. I guess we just hope they stay there, out of sight, out of mind. But it's the least we can do after stealing their country.

$1:
That is of their own doing. No fault lies on the government.

You are an ignorant fuck Tricks.

Lets put you on the streets of Vancouver with no money or family and see how far you can go before you start selling your ass.

You have no place to shower or stay clean. You smell and your clothes are dirty. Now go look for a job, looking like that.

You live in a hostel where you need to worry about your shoes being stolen, or your clothes.

Even if you get a welfare check for $450 - where are you going to find shelter, you can't go back to the hostel, you have a check.

It's perpetual and people end up staying that way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally to break this habit I think they should cut welfare all together and build Hostels or "Transitional Houses" with private rooms and safe environment for people to clean up.

Then provide a phone, resumes and education for those who require it. Also, a drug rehab to deal with addictions.

To me that seems more productive than just giving out a check.
It seems as though you are the ignorant fuck. If you've ever taken the time to talk to an indian you would hear about the schooling they get free of charge when their band council sponsors them or the almost free housing that they get on reserve. So where does this money come from? I'll admit people have their bias's against indians, but that does not constitute a human rights violation. And regarding homeless people Tricks was right it's their own doing. We all got the same opportunities growing up, because someone didn't do so well does not mean their rights were violated. And it's good that governments want to help albiet not nearly enough, but unless they are being denied something that others get there is no human rights violation. This is just another attempt to bitch about Harper, and it's quite pathetic that you would even complain about his attempts at raising the level of human rights in China. Pathetic.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:42 pm

No it's not another attempt to rag on Harper, RUEZ.

Although, I am not sucking Harpers' cock like a wild bitch (like some people here), I did vote for him. (pro business conservatives)

Also, last time I checked we have the freedom to criticizes our government policy if we don't agree with what they are doing or saying.

1. I think that Harper should mind his own business about China, besides do you honestly think they give a shit what we have to say?? The fastest and biggest economy in the world is going to listen to some blow hard PM hoping to look good in the media.

We have are own issues here in our own country that should be dealt with before we start to preach to the world.

2. Why should the Indian Nations not get free schooling or health care like the rest of Canada? We stole this country from them didn't we, pushing them aside onto reservations. Have you visited an Indian reservation and scene the sqwaller they live in? Run down shacks, lack of proper sewage.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... 169&k=8663

3. We have lots poverty in this country, and many children are living below the poverty line. This in a country that is one of the richest nations in the world.

http://www.mandela-children.ca/

4. Your attitude towards the homeless and poverty stricken just shows that you are nothing but a greedy, selfish, intollerant, pathetic fuck. This is the same attitude that has brought Canada from being the #1 country in the world to live to #6 and falling.

That is the problem with the people in this country, they are becoming more and more greedy, and using cop out excuses and blaming the homeless for their own situation in society.

The only justice is when these same people fall through the cracks and start screaming how society has been so unjust to them, now that is justice.

As far as your opinions. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and your stinks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:42 pm

tritium tritium:
2. Why should the Indian Nations not get free schooling or health care like the rest of Canada? We stole this country from them didn't we, pushing them aside onto reservations. Have you visited an Indian reservation and scene the sqwaller they live in? Run down shacks, lack of proper sewage.

3. We have lots poverty in this country, and many children are living below the poverty line. This in a country that is one of the richest nations in the world.

The schooling i refer to is college and University, how many Canadians get free college and university? Not many that I know of. And the fact that reserves may be in squalor has absolutely nothing to do with us. Why don't they fix them up? Can they not get jobs and fix their own houses? Reserves down in the Vancouver area are doing quite well. What stopping indians from taking care of themselves? Sorry but I don't follow the liberal guidelines of government will take care of everything. The indians have no one to blame but themselves for their living conditions. Same as the homeless. They should be given any opportunity for a hand up, but it's up to them to make their lives better.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:39 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
tritium tritium:

The schooling i refer to is college and University, how many Canadians get free college and university? Not many that I know of. And the fact that reserves may be in squalor has absolutely nothing to do with us. Why don't they fix them up? Can they not get jobs and fix their own houses? Reserves down in the Vancouver area are doing quite well. What stopping indians from taking care of themselves? Sorry but I don't follow the liberal guidelines of government will take care of everything. The indians have no one to blame but themselves for their living conditions. Same as the homeless. They should be given any opportunity for a hand up, but it's up to them to make their lives better.

You know I will agree with you half way.

Only because when I returned to Canada from Texas 6 months ago I gave a young fella a helping hand.

I brought him to Social Services to collect 1 check, and also got him a nice place to live in a hotel and a job that was only 6 blocks away (walking distance) paying $14/hr.

The kid, 18 yrs old quit his job after 3 days, and took a job at a Shell Station for $8/hr.

Of course he quit that after 5 days. To much like work I guess.

He took 5 different jobs over a span of 2 months before he quit, moved back to B.C. to collect welfare and live with his parents.

People like that, well there are lots of in this country. They think that the government owes them something.

However, you have to admit, there are majority that need help that are not getting it.

As far as the Indians getting College and University scholarship, once again I see nothing wrong with this. Maybe this is a "Liberal way of thinking," nevertheless it's the least we can do after forcing these proud people off their lands and onto reservations.

This argument can be endless, however let me sum it up like this...

Canada, The United States, The UK and many other countries and can be a fun place to visit or live - if you have money.

On the same note, regardless of how great it's citizens think their country is, most countries have room for improvement.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:47 pm

tritium tritium:
As far as the Indians getting College and University scholarship, once again I see nothing wrong with this. Maybe this is a "Liberal way of thinking," nevertheless it's the least we can do after forcing these proud people off their lands and onto reservations.

I'm not saying it's wrong, the more educated the better. I'm saying they are'nt having their rights violated. In fact they have more benefits than I do.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:53 pm

back too :wink:

1. Syrian refugee Hassan Almrei, has spent the past 43 months in a 9 x 12 solitary confinement cell at Toronto's Metro West Detention Centre. Held without charge or bail on a CSIS secret trial security certificate, Hassan is under threat of deportation to what human rights experts confirm will be a future of torture or worse in Syria.

Yes Canada held a secret trial where the defendant was not allowed to know what he was charged with.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:40 pm

tritium tritium:

$1:
Syrian Hassan Almrei arrives in Canada on what is later determined to be a false United Arab Emirates passport and a Canadian visitor's visa purchased for $5,000.
He's a criminal, sorry his rights aren't violated he has no rights.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:39 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
tritium tritium:

$1:
Syrian Hassan Almrei arrives in Canada on what is later determined to be a false United Arab Emirates passport and a Canadian visitor's visa purchased for $5,000.

No what is criminal is to be held in "any" country to be held without charge or bail, and not allowing your attorney to even know the charges against you.

As soon as he lands on Canadian soil he has the rights as every other citizen.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:47 pm

tritium tritium:
RUEZ RUEZ:
tritium tritium:

$1:

No what is criminal is to be held in "any" country to be held without charge or bail, and not allowing your attorney to even know the charges against you.

Does he now?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:54 pm

themasta themasta:
tritium tritium:
RUEZ RUEZ:
tritium tritium:

$1:

Does he now?

Yeah, think so. Isn't he free now?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2003/11/27/almrei.html

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:00 pm

tritium tritium:
themasta themasta:
tritium tritium:
RUEZ RUEZ:
tritium tritium:

$1:

Does he now?

Yeah, think so. Isn't he free now?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2003/11/27/almrei.html

A citizen you say?