canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:42 am

By TIM SPANTON

THE EU has declared a crackpot war on busty barmaids — by trying to ban them from wearing low-cut tops.

Po-faced penpushers have deemed it a HEALTH HAZARD for bar girls to show too much cleavage.

And in a daft directive that will have drinkers choking on their pints, Brussels bureaucrats have ordered a cover-up.

They say barmaids run a skin cancer risk if they expose themselves to the sun when they go outside to collect glasses.

Last night the move was blasted as an affront. Annie Powell, of real ale group Camra, raged: “It’s just another blatant example of Europe gone mad.”

Page 3 babes Nicola T, 22, and Keeley, 18, show just what we could all soon be missing at the pub.

The ruling is part of the new Optical Radiation Directive — expected to be rubber-stamped by the EU parliament next month.

Germans are already frothing over the new law — because bars in Bavaria have been forced to comply in advance.

Drinkers are threatening to boycott Munich’s famous Oktoberfest beer festival. The city’s mayor Christian Ude fumed: “This is European law-making at its most pedantic.

“A waitress is no longer allowed to wander round a beer garden with a plunging neckline. I would not want to enter a beer garden under these conditions.”

thesun.co.uk

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:48 am

I am so outraged I spilled my beer. I demand the EU recompense me for my losses!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:48 am

The EU is a totalitarian state in the making and pedantic idiocy like this is just a run-up to more draconian measures to come.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:01 pm

GreatBriton GreatBriton:
By TIM SPANTON

THE EU has declared a crackpot war on busty barmaids — by trying to ban them from wearing low-cut tops.

Po-faced penpushers have deemed it a HEALTH HAZARD for bar girls to show too much cleavage.

And in a daft directive that will have drinkers choking on their pints, Brussels bureaucrats have ordered a cover-up.

They say barmaids run a skin cancer risk if they expose themselves to the sun when they go outside to collect glasses.

Last night the move was blasted as an affront. Annie Powell, of real ale group Camra, raged: “It’s just another blatant example of Europe gone mad.”

Page 3 babes Nicola T, 22, and Keeley, 18, show just what we could all soon be missing at the pub.

The ruling is part of the new Optical Radiation Directive — expected to be rubber-stamped by the EU parliament next month.

Germans are already frothing over the new law — because bars in Bavaria have been forced to comply in advance.

Drinkers are threatening to boycott Munich’s famous Oktoberfest beer festival. The city’s mayor Christian Ude fumed: “This is European law-making at its most pedantic.

“A waitress is no longer allowed to wander round a beer garden with a plunging neckline. I would not want to enter a beer garden under these conditions.”

thesun.co.uk

Typical PC lunatics

Hey GB how's Bolton these days.

I moved from Middleton England to Whitby Canada

Boy... do I miss the pubs :(

And the barmaids of course :wink: