CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:55 am

The Emerging Euro-denominated International Oil Marker

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:13 am

'Iraq was Invaded to Secure Israel,' says Senator Hollings, and 'Everybody Knows It.'

Now that favor is going to be called in and Israel is going to tear Iran a new one.

The only thing holding up the bus is Bolton's nomination.

It isn't the only bus that he is holding up either.

Last edited by Scape on Fri May 13, 2005 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:40 am

The idea is not to occupy, just to make sure no one else can have it. They have their hands full in Iraq already, they can flatten Iran and deal with it later.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:49 am

I don't see what this big commotion is all about- I mean, if we knew Iran was going to be such a big oil behemoth, why wouldn't we have attacked them first if we're so damn thirsty for oil? Why attack Iraq first, weaken us up, and then move into Iran? Europe can have it's oil deals, but we will see how stable the region remains once Israel or ourselves starts bombing/sabotaging Iran's nuclear facilities. Then all the oil deals will go right down the craphole.

It will be Pandora's Box mayhem. 8O

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:09 pm

My "fucking eyes" are open, and they're looking at you :wink:

And now to continue on- this Europe deal doesn't threaten U.S. interests in the least. We will get what we want.

Anyway, most countries in the European Union are the largest group of ingrateful bastards in the history of the world. Not only did the Marshall Plan lift them up off their feet after WWII, but our continued military support under the Truman Doctrine enabled them to mind their p's and q's via the economy rather than worry about the military. Now that the Cold War is over, they have no worries at all and have become the fattest social welfare states the world has ever seen. They are spoiled little brats fathered by U.S. protection for the last half of a century. They can have their little oil deal, but maybe we use the most oil because we have to make up for them not having to worry about fielding a decent military for the last 50 years (besides in their little colonial endeavors.)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:20 pm

Avro Avro:
True very true. How will this be sold to the public?

It's better to be feared than be loved.

This is to insure the game will be played as long as the the right people remain in control. I don't buy the Europe is not grateful line anymore than the Israel is grateful for the holocaust.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:15 pm

China has oil and gas deals with Iran worth upwards of US$100 billion. They are not likely to take kindly to having that investment destroyed or confiscated. Neither will Russia appreciate it for the same reasons.

The risk is that another slight to Russia may push their allegaince to China, and Iran would be the front-line state in a new cold war with a China-Russia led alliance challenging US hegemony.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:36 pm

TheUSofA1776 TheUSofA1776:
Why attack Iraq first, weaken us up, and then move into Iran?

Because Rumsfield, Cheney et al thought the the air war shock and awe would end everything in a matter of days. Hence Bush's "Mission Accomplished" publicity stunt.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:50 pm

No action has to happen in Iran at all. But if they produce nukes that they've previously sworn they'd use on Tel Aviv and Haifa then it isn't the US the Islamonutbags in Tehran and Qom should worry about.

The USA would be merciful.

Israel cannot afford to be merciful with people who want to annihilate them.

Push comes to shove, I think whatever happens will be over before the USA even figures out what happened.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:51 pm

PeterFinn PeterFinn:
No action has to happen in Iran at all. But if they produce nukes that they've previously sworn they'd use on Tel Aviv and Haifa then it isn't the US the Islamonutbags in Tehran and Qom should worry about.

The USA would be merciful.

Israel cannot afford to be merciful with people who want to annihilate them.

Push comes to shove, I think whatever happens will be over before the USA even figures out what happened.

Hmm I agree to some extent. A lot of countries give shit to Israel about their treatment to the Palestinians without looking at two sides of the coin. Israel is surrounded by Arab and other Islamic states. A people who have been spit on, repressed since the beginning of time has a right to be non-merciful when its citizens are exposed to suicide bombings on a daily basis. Things have for the best been quiet as of late but for how long? I believe Israel has the right to defend itself when its boarders are threatend on 3 corners of its territory. Isrealites were there thousands of years even before Islam was a religion so I cannot understand the Palestinian reason to claim any land within Israel.