CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:53 pm

On this board I see many people who naively believe everything they hear/see on the news and see the world in strictly black-and-white. Well, I'd like to give some food for thought. Somebody said to me at another thread that I support Bashir Al-Assad of Syria, whom I of course don't. He's kind of a dictator my own lifelong president Nursultan Nazarbayev is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y09RnHo-lBo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCK6rQt7WbU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCb0S3kPPsA

But Nazarbayev gave all the oil and gas resources in concession to the US and Chinese companies. When those super powers say, "jump" he says "how high?" all the while oppressing, killing, robbing his own people like you wouldn't believe.

There are many dictators who commit terrible atrocities every day for decades, but nobody cares. They are legitimate and respected world leaders. They do what they're told, they give up their country's sovereignty and by that buy their right to be the ruthless kings of their poor people.

As soon as they have the guts or stupidity to try and be independent from the world owners, try to have an independent Central Bank, control their resources etc., they are immediately proclaimed "the evilest of evil".... Immediately bombs rain, millions die and millions become refugees, country is thrown into chaos and destruction for decades if not centuries...

"HYPOCRICY" comes to mind. Nothing unusual, there are no good or bad guys, there are interests and some powers playing games. The strongest wins, the weakest loses, that's it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:01 pm

"He's a son of a bitch, but he's our son of a bitch" still applies

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:35 pm

Well look at the bright side. In 80 years, you'll be dead. :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:36 pm

The US is always right, in their own minds, but it has to happen somewhere.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:45 pm

The U.S. is always right on some topics, such as how to get to the moon.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:27 pm

(pssst! A bunch of Germans put them there!)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:34 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:

Don't forget all the Canadian engineers that went into the US space program when Diefenbaker killed Avro.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:46 pm

saturn_656 saturn_656:
Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:

Don't forget all the Canadian engineers that went into the US space program when Diefenbaker killed Avro.

My wife's grandfather was one of them. He went from Orenda (the Arrow engine maker) to working on Mercury, Gemini, Apollo along with literally thousands of other Canadian aerospace engineers. A big group went to McDonnell Douglas where they also designed the F-4 Phantom. Take a look at the cockpit , nose, intakes. It is pure Avro Arrow.

Another group formed the nucleus of designers of the LEM.

Yet anther group went to the UK and led the development of the Concord. If you get the chance, watch film footage of the Arrow taking off and landing. It is a quite distinctive motion. Then watch film of the Concord doing the same thing. It looks like the same aircraft.

Anyway, enough of this flag-waving. Whatever they did, it all got a "Proudly Made in U.S.A." label slapped on it somewhere along the line and the Americans invented space travel after that.

Attachments:
arrow r.jpg
arrow r.jpg [ 82.86 KiB | Viewed 1140 times ]
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Kazakh Kazakh:
On this board I see many people who naively believe everything they hear/see on the news and see the world in strictly black-and-white. Well, I'd like to give some food for thought. Somebody said to me at another thread that I support Bashir Al-Assad of Syria, whom I of course don't. He's kind of a dictator my own lifelong president Nursultan Nazarbayev is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y09RnHo-lBo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCK6rQt7WbU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCb0S3kPPsA

But Nazarbayev gave all the oil and gas resources in concession to the US and Chinese companies. When those super powers say, "jump" he says "how high?" all the while oppressing, killing, robbing his own people like you wouldn't believe.

There are many dictators who commit terrible atrocities every day for decades, but nobody cares. They are legitimate and respected world leaders. They do what they're told, they give up their country's sovereignty and by that buy their right to be the ruthless kings of their poor people.

As soon as they have the guts or stupidity to try and be independent from the world owners, try to have an independent Central Bank, control their resources etc., they are immediately proclaimed "the evilest of evil".... Immediately bombs rain, millions die and millions become refugees, country is thrown into chaos and destruction for decades if not centuries...

"HYPOCRICY" comes to mind. Nothing unusual, there are no good or bad guys, there are interests and some powers playing games. The strongest wins, the weakest loses, that's it.

Where did you come up with the title for this thread? You live in Canada. Surely you have access to American media. Spend one hour watching Fox news, and the next hour watching MSNBC. You would not think that they were talking about the same country. Its almost impossible to do anything in the States without pissing off half of the population. I seriously doubt any country on the planet spends as much time second guessing itself as the U.S. does. We do not have the benefit of a shirtless strongman (who is willing to take time out from his wrestling Siberian tigers to manipulate the government, and rig elections ) to tell us what to think, and thus get us all pulling on the same side of the rope. One can only dream. :roll:

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Tampa Bay Lightning

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:15 pm

How the heck we think where always right when we elected a idiot who plays Golf and campaigns more then leading and presiding over Government lol. We elected a Country club quacker. Now back to the Texas Republic Separatist movement lol. Quebecitis is catchy this season lol.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:42 pm

The US is definitely NOT always right. For instance, it's been left for the last 6 years :mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Vamp018 Vamp018:
How the heck we think where always right when we elected a idiot who plays Golf and campaigns more then leading and presiding over Government lol. We elected a Country club quacker. Now back to the Texas Republic Separatist movement lol. Quebecitis is catchy this season lol.

To be fair that sounds like the last 4 presidents.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Tampa Bay Lightning

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:24 am

llama66 llama66:
Vamp018 Vamp018:

To be fair that sounds like the last 4 presidents.

You maybe onto something and i am open minded. Now a ?, Which President has a body count higher from his inside Clinton or Obama?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:12 am

George W Bush and Dick Cheney have the highest body count on a Presidential administration since Nixon. And now's your opportunity to go Bizzarroland and claim otherwise..... :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:50 am

Thanos Thanos:
George W Bush and Dick Cheney have the highest body count on a Presidential administration since Nixon. And now's your opportunity to go Bizzarroland and claim otherwise..... :roll:

They iz white. This is a key factor working away in the cerebella of the average Republican.

They will deny, deny, though.