CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 3:31 pm

I think its called the rantings of someone with nothing to lose.

Chretien is/was a life-long public servant who fed off this system we have in the worst possible way for forty years! He HAD to keep his mouth shut all those years to get to the top.

Now, after achieving the gold ring, with no political debts to re-pay (they've been paid many times over) he can let his anti-Americanism, his mis-guided policies (new museum, anyone?), his scandals, his "lead-by-the-polls" approach to holding on to office, fly.

If you call irresponsibility "leadership" Rev, I dunno. "Candor"? Please! The lying little bastard is only fucking Martin. And us. Can anyone say "Kim Campbell"?

One more thing: Where the hell did anybody EVER get the idea Trudeau was a great Prime Minister? Speaking of tongues up-the-ass, isn't that where johnny got started, tongue up Trudeau's?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:42 pm

RoyalHighlander RoyalHighlander:
IRONMIKE IRONMIKE:
Been detained yet Buford?......Nope me either

aND YOU NEVER WILL EITHER BUDDY..Its a greta life in Canada and the U.S. Try dissing your govt like we do here, in other places like Syria, and see what happens. I will say it again. we canadians and Americans live like Kings and Queens. What I find funny is the BS some folks here spout off with out really knowing WTF they are talking about. ironMike im sure you'll agree with me. Go out of your home town and see whats going on around you. Ive been around the world, and I can tell youThere is no life like what we have here. Dont rely too much on the press for your take on the world. You will have to go and see for your self how they live in Europe. France, as an example, if you are in any one of the airports in the country and you leave a bag unattended for more than a few moments it will be taken away and destroyed by bomb techs, "just in case". You have paramilitry guards patroling with sub machine guns and attack dogs. EVERYONE has to carry a national ID card at all times failiure of which will land you in prison. Just a few little tidbits of info. and thats from a G-7 nation. a supposedly civilized country. Now take a walk through Edmontons International airport. A few rent a cops, maybe a Commisionaire, but no tactical police. Some of you who only spout about what they have read need to tone things down a bit on what you think you know and figure out that what you think you know and what you really know are 2 different beasts. im 47 and have been out of the military before a lot of our members here were even born. IronMike is still serving his country. At least take time to read his post and understand it before you poopoo it or what he has to say. You have an opportunity here to learn many things you may not get taught in school and be the better for it. Ok my 10 minutes are up LOL

Thank you RH and no offense inteded personally to you Iron Mike, but, fuck you.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:59 am

Yes, Absolut, leadership. As I said, it doesn't matter whether you agree with him or not. He stood up to be counted, voiced his opinion, and invited us along for the ride. That, whether you choose to follow or not, is political leadership.

That's the same reason Trudeau is remembered fondly even by his political adversaries. He may have been an arrogant prick, but he was an arrogant prick who wasn't afraid to lead based on what he thought was right.

Chretien has, until recently, been afraid to do that. Under his reign the Liberals have been the most secretive government since WWII. Most of his decisions were based on backroom deals or poll results. Whipping those in his party who publicly (or even privately) dissented was a way for him to hold on to power.

He doesn't need to hold power anymore and seems to have realised that his past actions left him without a real legacy. Now he's leading...too little too late, but he's doing it. If he would have done this from the start he likely would have been gone by now, but even those who didn't agree with him would have agreed that he was a leader.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:40 pm

Gangrenous Gangrenous:
RoyalHighlander RoyalHighlander:
IRONMIKE IRONMIKE:

aND YOU NEVER WILL EITHER BUDDY..Its a greta life in Canada and the U.S. Try dissing your govt like we do here, in other places like Syria, and see what happens. I will say it again. we canadians and Americans live like Kings and Queens. What I find funny is the BS some folks here spout off with out really knowing WTF they are talking about. ironMike im sure you'll agree with me. Go out of your home town and see whats going on around you. Ive been around the world, and I can tell youThere is no life like what we have here. Dont rely too much on the press for your take on the world. You will have to go and see for your self how they live in Europe. France, as an example, if you are in any one of the airports in the country and you leave a bag unattended for more than a few moments it will be taken away and destroyed by bomb techs, "just in case". You have paramilitry guards patroling with sub machine guns and attack dogs. EVERYONE has to carry a national ID card at all times failiure of which will land you in prison. Just a few little tidbits of info. and thats from a G-7 nation. a supposedly civilized country. Now take a walk through Edmontons International airport. A few rent a cops, maybe a Commisionaire, but no tactical police. Some of you who only spout about what they have read need to tone things down a bit on what you think you know and figure out that what you think you know and what you really know are 2 different beasts. im 47 and have been out of the military before a lot of our members here were even born. IronMike is still serving his country. At least take time to read his post and understand it before you poopoo it or what he has to say. You have an opportunity here to learn many things you may not get taught in school and be the better for it. Ok my 10 minutes are up LOL

How can I be offended when I am not even sure of what I did? Fill me in on my great offense.

Thank you RH and no offense inteded personally to you Iron Mike, but, fuck you.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:57 pm

Hmmmm.. seems I missed that one, Sorry Kurt..Gangrenous be nice..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:12 am

No Prob RH, I just would like Gangrenous to let me know what that was all about.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:13 am

I read it to and I have know idea what he ment either...could it be the new dope law gone wild allready heheheh just kidding...stay tuned as the plot thickens..fat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:19 pm

Anti Americanism is considered leadership here, Rev! THIS is how far we've fallen! Cretien NEVER had a policy he stood by, unless it was to save face (gun registry waste-of-time, anyone?). History should have shown all who care to read that Trudeau's policies were irresponsible & for the most part a failure! He's remembered fondly because when his administration was in power, Canada still had the hard-earned respect of the world, and we had the elbow room to try some progressive policy . Today, it does not work! And anybody who has a pulse should see this. Chretien is a life-long political opportunist, and certainly no Trudeau, even though I hated THAT prick too, you're words. Liberalism, in Canadian politics, is a farce & a lie.
I wish he'd "stand up" and leave, for the good of his country, but THAT ain't the point for him, now is it?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:03 pm

Chretien's criticism of Bush, and Dhaliwal's (sp?) too for that matter, have been professional criticisms....directed at the man and his policies, not the American people. He should have reined in the backbenchers a lot more quickly, but what Chretien himself has said has been mostly professional. He did screw up in front of an open mic, and he should know better, but Bush has done the same.

I don't like the man, I'm not fond of what his regime has done to this country, but I do think that his policies of late are good. We didn't need to be involved in Iraq...an illegal war justified by lies is not a place Canada needs to go. We do need to liberalize pot laws...maybe more than Chretien is suggesting, but you have to start someplace and there are political realities.

That's not to say that I'll suddenly forgive the bastard for the rights-raping "anti-terrorist" bill or a gun law that was drafted by a bunch of fools who have only seen guns on television. It does mean that I think the way Chretien has been acting since he announced his pending retirement is an excellent argument for term limits.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:39 pm

I'll drink to term limits, & the "little bastard from Shawinigan" should have lasted for a week, no more! Sea Kings! What a political statement! Take THAT Mulroney, Uhh, I mean the men & women in uniform that have to fly 'em....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:41 pm

SS is signing in now, for good....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:11 pm

IronMike IronMike:
No Prob RH, I just would like Gangrenous to let me know what that was all about.

Um, I'd like to apologize for that. That was a definate faux pas on my part. I was just angry about your comment.

Badass said this :

Who's next??

Anybody in the "homeland" who likes their freedom and disagrees withheir Bush.

And IronMike said :

I've reread the thread, and understand the meaning of it now. The reason I was upset was because I have been detained and not allowed to cross the border twice even tho I am married to an American citizen. I had to spend 2 months away from my wife because of a stupid pot conviction 9 years ago, and I got a little offended by a comment I took out of context when I had just come back. I know what you're saying now, and I'm sorry for the comment I made.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:14 pm

I guess what would eat at my ass the most is the fact is that if I was caught with that joint today I'd have my fine and it would be all said and done and I wouldn't have the problems I did. But thats the way it goes and it's my own fault.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:23 pm

I dont do drugs, illegal ones that is, (booze is a taxed drug) Well not any more anyways LMAO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:27 pm

neither do I, but I did 9 years ago (highschool), thats my point......