Forum Addict
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:28 pm

www.markfiore.com/animation/dictator.html

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:37 pm

This is one of the things i am most concerned with, what is stopping the US at IRaq? i mean they already have there forces over there. Even our PM has expressed concern over this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:46 pm

The road to victory goes through France :D LOL

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:12 pm

Personally I think the only way that the US can know insure stability in the Mid East is to bring democracy to Iran, Syria, and Saudi Arabia. My guess look for the US to go after Iran shortly after there finished with Saddam.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:23 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Bush does go into Iran next. They aren't much good for drugs-for-guns deals anymore, after all...what with South and central America on the back-burner. :wink:

I don't think that will bring stability to the Middle East though. To do that you have do something about Israel and prove to the world that the US isn't just there to make a few bucks. That ain't gonna happen with Georgie handing out secret contracts to Haliburton Oil.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:46 pm

Yes, the Israeli's and Palestinians will need to be dealt with. However if I'm right and the Americans do go after Iran et al. then perhaps the Arab mind set will change and they will stop using the Palestinians as pawns in their proxy war against Israel.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:02 am

I'm not scared just yet. But the shit is really gonna hit the fan when Bush (God forbid he's still in power) starts threatning to go after North Korea. And you just know that he will!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:29 pm

I think he'll go after the rest of the Middle East first. There is no oil in North Korea after all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:25 pm

Should be interesting to see what the Muslims, Hindu's, Sikhs, Jews, etc think about a christian telling them how to run their country. Isreal has nukes, bio weapons among other WMD. That one could get very sticky

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:01 pm

Bush will go after the rest of the Middle East before North Korea for reasons besides oil. Currently none of America's potental enemies in the region have nuclear weapons. North Korea does. Furthermore the main threat to the US and the Western world is the militant form of Islam being cultivated there. Besides North Korea could well be on the way to collapsing by itself where as the tyrants of the Middle East are not.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:07 pm

The main threat to America right now is George Bush. He's working to take the most powerful nation on earth, a nation that has stood as a beacon for democracy, and turn it into a bad joke.

The US has committed sins in the past, many of them. It has never tried to take over the world in the name of profit before though.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:15 am

Countries with Nuclear Weapons Capability
Acknowledged Nuclear Weapons Capability
Britain
China
France
India
Pakistan
Russia
United States
Unacknowledged Nuclear Weapons Capability
Israel
Seeking Nuclear Weapons Capability
Iran
Iraq
North Korea

what I can't find out is which countries have sympathies with which countries and which countries might align themselves with other countries for their greater good.
Abandoned Nuclear Weapons Development
South Africa—Constructed but then voluntarily dismantled 6 uranium bombs.
Belarus, Kazakhstan, Ukraine—When Soviet Union broke up, these former states possessed nuclear warheads that they have since given up

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:28 pm

Of the countries you mentioned Twila, I believe China and Pakistan would ally themselves against India in the event of a nuclear war.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:55 am

http://www.tompaine.com/op_ads/opad.cfm/id/6438

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:50 pm

I suppose it'd be to much for me to hope that since the US is talking about human rights they'll do something about that nasty little genocide thing going on in the Sudan.

Iraq and Sudan