bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:37 am

Unsound Unsound:
fifeboy fifeboy:
And you are probably right. I never liked Iggy anyway and didn't think he would make a good leader in any way, but was pissed off (and here I vote NDP :roll: ) at the hatchet job done on him by Steve's minions. Even worst was the smear campaign against Dion, who was a good man who would have made a good PM. I am afraid that Steve has completely changed the spirit of politics in this country. God help him if the tables turn because it's going to be messy.

"Hidden agenda" "How scary is Harper?"

He learned from the best. The liberals. I'm pretty sure they already tried the hatchet thing on Harper. It's a big part of why it took so long for him to get a majority.
and I guess we shall see!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:52 am

we shall. I certainly hope that Harper continues with fairly middle of the road competence rather than taking a sharp right turn into social consevatism. So far so good, it seems.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:37 am

Unsound Unsound:
we shall. I certainly hope that Harper continues with fairly middle of the road competence rather than taking a sharp right turn into social consevatism. So far so good, it seems.

Well, I suppose you won't agree, but union busting is not middle of the road in my books. And the thing about the attack adds. Nope, in my opinion it was Steve who ramped it up to the ridiculous levels we saw with attack adds against a brand new leader. Dion attempted to ignore it and take the high road but Canadians lapped it up. Things have changed now and I would not like to be Harper or any of his lap dogs when the shit hits the fan. Remember the Brian! [B-o]

Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:46 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
Yeah, I know, I was wrong. We should be ashamed of Canadians who become well known in academic circles outside Canada. I mean really, he lived in the U.S and (OH MY GOD) the U.K. He is so un-Canadian. :P How can he compare himself to some guy who would just sell Canada to those "other" countries. :twisted:

That's unfair, seeing as Ignatieff did refer to himself on occasion in a way as American and also said various things against Canada during his tenure as a prof in the UK. Though it's old history and things change, you can't automatically discount the things he's said.

I live abroad myself because I just have better opportunities overseas, and I guess I can relate to Ignatieff in that sense. I've also said some things about Canada and living there that I already regret or might regret in the future, but I certainly still do love the country and what it does (or did) stand for in many aspects.

I know, this post contradicts itself :) .. but! I would never run for political office.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:11 am

Fuck ya, fuck ya
F-u-c-k-y-a
We really hate your spamming guts,
We'd like to kick you in the nuts,
So fuck ya, fuck ya
F-u-c-k-y-a

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:18 am

hermes hermes:
I like having my Canadian passport but I don't like living in Canada that much. So, I don't.

0:
iggy.jpg
iggy.jpg [ 124.5 KiB | Viewed 100 times ]

Say hi to Iggy for us when your visit is over :mrgreen:

-J.