CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi there! This is Peter from south-west Germany. I am planning to visit canada again together with my wife and want to find and ask for some information for our next canada-trip. Last year we spent a beautiful time in canada´s west, a short 3-day-visit in the east and want to see the east more intensively this fall.
We are counting the days to go back to canada again and hopefully have a great time again.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Welcome aboard mugbert. Stick with the west! ha ha ha. If you're going east, make sure you go to Nova Scotia!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Stick with the west? No, we had a great time in the west, a great time in the east, but as our holiday is always limited, we have to come back to the east to see more of it.
i guess, you guys east and west are not that much "connected"? funny. We won´t make it to nova scotia, we´ll have to postpone that part to 2011...
We really like canada, unfortunately we cannot work there in our profession, so we have to split the canada-time to holiday-times and luckily we don´t have to choose either east or west.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:52 pm

If you bring me about a dozen Rammstein t-shirts (size XXXL) and an autographed picture of Till Lindemann, I'll let you and the wife stay for free in the garage attic if you swing through Calgary (note that plumbing is optional). 8)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Québec is a must! esp. Montréal and Québec cities.. tour the La Gaspésie.... the scenery is breath taking ! http://www.tourisme-gaspesie.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:58 pm

rammstein... hehehe... just saw their show 2 week ago at a festival live. they were... no comment. i´ll get you a dozen t-shirts and the autographed picture.. but wait, we have been in calgary last year. this year we have to miss that place. is calgary still a huge endless building site? damn! all we saw was that red/white tape, yellow safety-hats and a lot of dust. and a homeless guy having a bath in the almost empty olympic placa fountain. *lol*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Gaspesie looks really good... i have to check that!
thanks a lot!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Welcome old neighbour! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:21 pm

??? old neighbour?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:21 pm

mugbert wrote:
rammstein... hehehe... just saw their show 2 week ago at a festival live. they were... no comment. i´ll get you a dozen t-shirts and the autographed picture.. but wait, we have been in calgary last year. this year we have to miss that place. is calgary still a huge endless building site? damn! all we saw was that red/white tape, yellow safety-hats and a lot of dust. and a homeless guy having a bath in the almost empty olympic placa fountain. *lol*

Not as much construction around as there was a couple of years ago, thanks to the local property value meltdown. We've even got more than a few partially completed buildings that have been abandoned by the developers who went bankrupt. This year it seems to be mostly city crews doing roadwork. Paving, nothing but endless paving as far as the eye can see. Gonna be a fun summer for driving if one enjoys sitting stuck in traffic for hours on end. We're Canadians, which automatically means we were never smart enough to think up something like free-flowing "autobahnen".

I've been obsessively listening to Rammstein for about three months now. They're probably one of the best bands in the world as far as I'm concerned, and easily Europe's best rock export since U2. I can only put it down to the innate German sense towards quasi-operatic performance drama that makes Till and the boys so awesome. I also love their attitude where they kind of told the North American market to go to hell and will perform almost exclusively in German. It's nice to see the Yankee recording industry take a poke to the eye once in a while from artists who won't operate according to the rules of the rotten old Los Angeles playbook.

I'll die happy but only after I get to see Rammstein live in concert! [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Brenda wrote:
Welcome old neighbour! :lol:

She's a Nederlands girl.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:40 pm

The only sentence I know in German is: Ich bin ein Auslander und ich spreche nicht gut Deutsch !

Welcome abord !

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:41 pm

mugbert wrote:
??? old neighbour?

:lol: I'm Dutch ;-)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:43 pm

Brenda wrote:
mugbert wrote:
??? old neighbour?

:lol: I'm Dutch ;-)

And whiny.

Whiny Dutchie. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:46 pm

mugbert wrote:
Hi there! This is Peter from south-west Germany. I am planning to visit canada again together with my wife and want to find and ask for some information for our next canada-trip. Last year we spent a beautiful time in canada´s west, a short 3-day-visit in the east and want to see the east more intensively this fall.
We are counting the days to go back to canada again and hopefully have a great time again.

Welcome. As a young lad I had the pleasure to live in Lahr, specifically Kippenheim. Are you from that region?