CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13419
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:01 pm
 


Didn't you work for Sears?


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2285
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:07 pm
 


Tricks wrote:
CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
ScottMayers wrote:
CDN_Patriot, Andrea who?


Thought you were NDP? [huh]

Oh well. Just trying to start off with something funny, but it might have zipped past you. Here's hoping to a long stay in these forums! [B-o]

-J.

He's from Sask, he may not know Ontario politics.


Probably for the better! :lol:

-J.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 22306
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:13 pm
 


CDN_PATRIOT wrote:

Probably for the better! :lol:

-J.

You're not wrong.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33270
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:43 pm
 


ScottMayers wrote:

I'm also most interested in LOGIC, SCIENCE, and, in general, philosophy of everything.



Yeah, sure.




Quote:
Preferred lean politically: NDP or "social democratic" ideas. But I don't believe I fit in there either given my stance against culture as a function of law-making. That is, I strongly disapprove of Identity-related politics that make ALL our politics here non-progressive in fact.

Scott Mayers. Saskatoon, SK



Considering the leftists in general and the NDP in particular LOVE nothing but identity politics, this smells of bull.

My guess is you in fact LOVE all identity politics, except of course for anything remotely
connected to Whites, Males, or even a whiff of Christianity.


Or you are in fact a real tried and trued Stalinist, and want us all wearing nothing
but the Party uniform. :lol:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33270
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:45 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
[BB]

(I also agree with you on the writing style. I suspect Scott's around my age or maybe older judging by his writing style.


Oh, and if provoked we'll send you emails (not pm's mind you) that you'd share with "ALL OF YOUR'E FRIEND'S IF YOU REALLY LOVE THEM!"




I'll disagree, and go for really, really stupid university kid, full of SJW Marxism.

So, let's provoke him and find out. :twisted: :twisted:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 26054
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:11 pm
 


Don't be mean to the new blood. We need more folks around here who aren't spammers, stolen-passport thieves, those fluent only in "Engrish", or just plain crazy.

Welcome, SM. Use this thread as a guide to who your most-likely pals and enemies are. [B-o]


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28899
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:09 am
 


ScottMayers wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
Welcome Scott. I wish you luck! :rock:

Thank you. I know from the start (and your signature) that you don't approve of my stance and am a bit concerned about this but hope to have some power of reasoning to change yours and others minds on this BUT with the same (hopeful) intent of wellness.

I don't have any emotive distaste for the sincere thinkers that believe culture IS a valid thing for government to have power in. I'm in line with the Enlightenment's version that inspired the original meaning of Americas First Amendment. "Religion" implied 'culture'. Any government permitted to favor OR disfavor particular cultures, religions, or languages, are to me, indifferent to the most MONO_theocratic or MULTI-theocratic systems that clothe themselves today as 'culture'. Culture for me is peoples VOLUNTARY sets of behaviors they should have permission to have without force that our system operates on. But when you are IN those 'favored' groups, you interpret everything as 'loving' and 'compassionate' simply because the very system supporting culture is coinciding with your own.

I hope to see you participate personally where you can to understand your own reasoning on this.

Scott.


Wow. That has to be one of the most condescending posts I've read in a while! Firstly, I quite like your first post, for the most part. So right out of the starting blocks you are way off about me. My Signature is an example of what we as Canadians are. How we are different than everyone else, and why. It's not a precognitive attack on your beliefs. And you need not worry that my status as a moderator will play any part in any opinions you or I may diverge on. I've been a moderator going on 16 years I think, and no one has complained yet. I am perfectly capable of removing my ego and dispassionately performing those duties.

If you are going to find anyone here who judges everything from the viewpoint of logic and science, it will be me. Beside my avatar, you will notice the flag of Antarctica. That's because I believe that the divisiveness that comes from the accident of a person's birthplace is the first stain we need to wash away from the discussion. And no one is 'from' Antarctica.

I am well aware of my own biases and prejudices, and the reasons for them. You trying to define them for me is what I find condescending. You are not me, you have not walked the path I have. And that goes for everyone here. Don't come here and try to pigeon hole us based on the path you have taken. Try instead to see why we are flawed the way we are, and tell us the story of why you are you. Trying to change anyone without first understanding their scars will only be met with derision.

Why I wished you 'good luck' was because there are three well defined camps where posters here raise their standards. The far, far right. The far, far left. And the rational ones squarely in the centre. ;) You appeared to be slightly left of center in your first post, so I was wishing you luck in trying to convince those on the left and right fringes of anything. I've been trying for years and more than 26,000 times, with various levels of success. I also dislike the whole 'right/left' paradigm. We are not one dimensional beings.

Where I disagree with you most is your assertion that Government plays, or should be allowed to play, any role in culture at all. That is not the function of Government. Government is there to provide the basics that society needs to function using it's economy of scale. Then it is to STFU, go sit down, and leave us to go about our lives. Culture is defined by actions and community participation, not legislation.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33270
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:38 am
 


Well Doc, is it true to say that you dug this guy up from somewhere,
as it seems you two already have a history ?

So, this is going to be all your fault, then ....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28899
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:56 am
 


martin14 wrote:
Well Doc, is it true to say that you dug this guy up from somewhere,
as it seems you two already have a history ?

So, this is going to be all your fault, then ....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:


[huh]


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 5304
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:14 am
 


I'm on the left (slightly) and I hate Identity Politics. I think they are absolutely decisive and nothing more than a vehicle to institutionalise hate.

Welcome Scott.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Previous  1  2



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.