canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:46 pm

I'ma going to level with you, it's great to have an idea, but I'm going to recommend you spend a bit more time and flesh out your idea more. Were this Dragon's Den, you'd not be doing well.
No proof of concept, it sounds like you want to make as money as possible (which is never something you want to say or allude to when you are asking for submissions... it make us feel like YOU are out to profit off OUR hard work).

In addition to being a world class sarcastic asshole with a troll chewing problem, I'm a photographer, a pretty fucking good one at that.

I'll be direct, why would I trust my art to a nameless magazine from a chat forum? How are you going to get my art to the wider world? Are you going to pay me royalties to publish my art? How are you going to publish you magazine? Its a small detail but one you need to consider, if you are going into the publishing biz.

To me, anyway, I think you need to work some fine details out. I mean you haven't even told us the title... you've have a name, right?

Not trying to be a dick, but as it is... this is a tough sell...

Also, you can tell us the title without posting the url.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:17 pm

I have no issue with you "not trying to be a dick..." I appreciate the honesty. I fully understand that "proof of concept" is important and that is what the initial issues will show (or not show).

As for how things get published, I thought that I had mentioned that it is a digital magazine.

I have no desire to conceal anything, so I say again, I DO want this venture to generate as much revenue as possible. With this as the goal, it is the charities and the students of this country that will benefit.

I envy you as "a pretty f'n good photographer" as I do not have much talent in that area. Photography, writing, music, etc., these are all areas that I can "do", just not very well. If you do not trust your art to a nameless magazine, that's fine. But let me be clear, I am NOT "from a chat forum". I went to two forums today (first time ever visiting a forum) hoping to get feedback. Well, I'm getting that now!

You have given me some things to think about and for that I thank you. Should you wish to visit the site, please do. There you will get a better picture of what's what (I hope!).

On the site there is contact info, blogs, etc.

This will most likely be my last post as I suspect I'm about to cross over the line and break some rules..perhaps resulting in being banned (again, I'm new at this).

**Mod edit**

Thank you for your time. JB

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:30 pm

As long as you contribute to some of the other topics there shouldn't be an issue, I should think. You haven't been warned as yet... Usually the mods are reasonable, and will give you the chance to fix your mistake. Its a motley crew here, but its a good community. We'll give you good advice.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:12 pm

Thank you llama66. If you do go to the site please note that I found an error in the latest Blog post that my "web guy" put up today. Totally my fault as I didn't catch it in time. Had a bit of an issue with text transfer from a publishing program to simple word text. Should be fixed tomorrow.

As for contributions to other topics, I will be happy to snoop around. One never knows...I may just get into this! Don't have a lot of time to spare these days however.