PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:28 pm

The Aussie's budget woes are done. 8)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=976_1358982368

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:53 pm

Shale Oil!!!!!

That's got to be as dirty as oil sands......Sorry Aussies, you be black listed too...... :twisted:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 pm

I doubt the Aussies will care about getting blacklisted by the Eurogreenies given they'll be selling all that oil to Japan and China.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:57 pm

The Aussies are smart enough to worry about using it for themselves first.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:55 am

I try and keep abreast of current events, first I have heard of it here in Oz.....wow....guess the beers on me.

EDIT: P.S - Aussie Beer!
:P

EDIT: PP.S - Eurogreenies go to buggary!

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:04 am

Well this is just going to make Road Warrior null & void.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:41 am

Obviously interested I just googled this and looked at maybe 15 independent web sites running the story. Oddly every single one of them ran exactly the same article word for word. I find this unusual and somewhat suspect. Could this be a marketing ploy by the drilling company?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:27 am

We'd better get the infrastructure in place to get our oil sands oil moving. The window of opportunity will not last forever.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:00 am

This better mean the Commodore and Falcon don't go out of production.

Go Straya!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:10 am

Johnny, I'm not so concerned about selling ours. Remember that there is only a limited supply. if we try to sell as much as possible now, we wont have as much to sell 50 years from now.

Let Aussies share the wealth. We'll be selling less oil, but for a far longer time.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:45 am

Shilo2010 Shilo2010:
Obviously interested I just googled this and looked at maybe 15 independent web sites running the story. Oddly every single one of them ran exactly the same article word for word. I find this unusual and somewhat suspect. Could this be a marketing ploy by the drilling company?

Just a personal opinion, but I find most stories of reports suggesting a major fossil fuel find don't get much media coverage. Last week I read one about a report suggesting the largest new find in America is in California, and deposits are spread out from central to the Northern area of the state. Did you hear about that one? Doubt it.

The exception might be the find they think they've found off the coast of Israel. That got some coverage, but the media can stir up trouble with that one. They couldn't resist.

Sometimes these reports turn out to be questionable. For example there have been reports of a major deposit off the BC coast, but more recently the possibility is being questioned.

You know the find is actually there when you start to hear about major drops in unemployment in a particular area, because now they're actually drilling.

If all these new finds turn out to be true though, all that talk about peak oil turns out to be a joke.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:54 am

The lack of information about new finds of oil is completely the fault and desire of the oil companies. If the world figured out we didn't have an oil shortage or that the fear mongering about we're running out turned out to be bullshit, the price might go back down to what it should be at and it wouldn't cost you $1.25+ a litre to fill up at the pump. That's sure not in their best interest.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:57 am

So it was big oil that started the "Peak Oil" scare then, was it?

That's odd, because that's not the impression I got.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
Johnny, I'm not so concerned about selling ours. Remember that there is only a limited supply. if we try to sell as much as possible now, we wont have as much to sell 50 years from now.

Let Aussies share the wealth. We'll be selling less oil, but for a far longer time.

There's validity to what you say, CM, but my impression is that there's so much oil in the sands that even at a high rate of production it will last a long time.

I could have an over-inflated impression of that.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:07 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
So it was big oil that started the "Peak Oil" scare then, was it?

That's odd, because that's not the impression I got.

It absolutely was the oil companies who started that. You think the tree huggers know what oil has been discovered or whats left in existing deposits? Or do you actually believe that the big oil companies have your best interest at heart and are honest about what would drive their 200 to 300% profits down? The oil companies "leaked" that info and the dumbest of the dumb ran with it.