canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:04 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Only people who make less than $11,138 are poor? When poor people buy things, they don't pay sales taxes?

Question #1: No
Question #2: No. Sales taxes are returned to poor people. Surely you know about GST/HST rebates.

OTI OTI:
There are many working poor families, singles and single parents that would have to pay more to run all these glorious social programs.

No they don't 'cause they don't pay any taxes in the first place!

OTI OTI:
You've come back with an epic chip on your shoulder. Not getting laid? :lol:

It's not so much a chip on my shoulder as an itch in my rectum that recurs everytime I hear the sort of ignorant bullshit you and your small-minded ilk spew.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:13 am

Welcome back Mr. Lemmerson. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:15 am

Lemmy Lemmy:

Yes, they do.

Lemmy Lemmy:
It's not so much a chip on my shoulder as an itch in my rectum that recurs everytime I hear the sort of ignorant bullshit you and your small-minded ilk spew.

The only small-minded person here is you.

You like to pretend you're high and mighty, the smartest guy on planet Earth when in fact, you're an Internet tough-guy who thinks he's better than all his e-acquaintances.

You're a rude, egotistical, condescending asshole that gets his kicks off of pretending how much better he is compared to a bunch of random and anonymous people on the Internet.

You're a random nobody on the Internet. Get over yourself.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:16 am

[popcorn]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:17 am

Tomorrow is the Cat Holiday! 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:18 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Yes, they do.

No they don't.
OTI OTI:

The only small-minded person here is you.

You like to pretend you're high and mighty, the smartest guy on planet Earth when in fact, you're an Internet tough-guy who thinks he's better than all his e-acquaintances.

You're a rude, egotistical, condescending asshole that gets his kicks off of pretending how much better he is compared to a bunch of random and anonymous people on the Internet.

You're a random nobody on the Internet. Get over yourself.

Yep.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:32 am

DonnaWho DonnaWho:
Tomorrow is the Cat Holiday! 8)

Indeed, it is! I'm personally looking forward to it!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:35 am

Regina Regina:
bootlegga bootlegga:
Regina Regina:
Those tend to be the many who have mental issues and have no intention of being anything but homeless. The true homeless who've fallen on hard times and situations are the ones who benefit from help and are not usually involved with law enforcement and the legal system.

Actually, the presenter said that it is still cheaper to house them and treat their addiction/mental issues than it is to have them in altercations with the police or in and out of the hospital all the time. IIRC, the average person needs about 5 days of treatment per year (doctor visits, lab work hospital stays, etc), while the average homeless person uses over 100 days of treatment per year!

http://homelesscommission.org/

The fact is it's better for society to deal with all homeless people, regardless of why/how they got there.

If you are going to institutionalize them against their will then someone is going to have to step up and make that diagnosis. Sending a big van around a city picking up people that don't want to go will quickly turn to a shit show.

The plan isn't to institutionalize anyone. The plan works around helping them deal with their addiction/mental health issues through community outreach/non-profits/governmental agencies. After that, the plan is to provide housing for them so they can get their life back in order.

You're right that it won't end homelessness, but given that each one costs far more living on the street than they do in subsidized housing, it's in every taxpayer's interest to reduce it as much as possible.

That's unless you one of the rare few who actually enjoys paying taxes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:36 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Only people who make less than $11,138 are poor? When poor people buy things, they don't pay sales taxes?

Question #1: No
Question #2: No. Sales taxes are returned to poor people. Surely you know about GST/HST rebates.

OTI OTI:
There are many working poor families, singles and single parents that would have to pay more to run all these glorious social programs.

OTI OTI:
You've come back with an epic chip on your shoulder. Not getting laid? :lol:

R=UP +5 if I could!