Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:15 pm

[B-o]

Very nice.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:27 pm

Maher's been knocking it out of the park a lot over the last year or so. He's back to being more of a common-sense reactionary (thanks Shep!) that he used to be. Still anti-dumb conservative but not as much flaming liberal dickbag either.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:57 pm

Bill Maher isn't as blind as the rest of the Leftist Hollywood hacks regarding Islamic Extremists.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:55 pm

FYI: That kid in the picture who's face-humping a statue of Jesus? For the record, I may not approve of what he's doing here but I sure as heck don't want to see him punished for it (past trespassing which probably applies).

Why?

Because I'm pretty sure that if Jesus wanted to zot this kid for disrespect then He could do it without my help.

Also, because I think I'll side with Maher and see about commissioning a statue of Mohamhead for some kid to face-hump. :idea:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:43 pm

Without watching let me guess. Something about how you must also focus on Islam and it's violent nature and it's anti women beliefs... but I'm not going to point out my own personal interest as a pro Israel Jew in Christians attacking Islam.

After watching, I think I scored about 8 or 9 out of 10.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:11 pm

I like Bill but he's tilting at windmills here. There's no liberal who supports or agrees with fundamentalist Islam (or any religious fundamentalism). In fact, the liberals were protesting Saudi Arabia and the Taliban back when the conservatives were signing oil and gas deals with them and calling them "staunch allies" and "proud people" and selling them weapons.

So for example, these headline:

July-30-97

Feminist Majority Protests the Taliban's Violation of Afghan's Women's Rights

Date: May-28-98
Phone: 213.651.0495
Email:
U.S. Oil Company Joins in Business Partnership with World's Most Repressive Regime

Shareholders, Women�s Rights and Human Rights Groups Protest Against Gender Apartheid in Afghanistan During UNOCAL�S Annual Shareholders Meeting

Los Angeles --
WHO: Shareholders, women�s rights groups, and human rights groups protest at UNOCAL annual shareholder�s meeting.

WHAT: Women�s rights and human rights groups will protest outside of California-based UNOCAL�s annual shareholders meeting while concerned shareholders confront UNOCAL board members and officers inside about the company�s business partnership with the Taliban, a fundamentalist Islamic militia in Afghanistan, that has imposed a brutal state of gender apartheid in which women and girls have been stripped of their most basic human rights since they came into power.

WHEN: 9:30 - 10:30 AM, Monday, June 1, 1998

WHERE: 376 Valencia Ave. in Brea, CA @ the corner of Imperial Hwy. and Valencia Ave.

UNOCAL is part of a consortium that has entered into a contract with the Taliban to build a multi-billion dollar oil and gas pipeline across Afghanistan. Already under pressure, UNOCAL�s company web page states, �UNOCAL will not conduct business with any party in Afghanistan until peace is achieved and a government recognized by international lending agencies is in place.� Yet, the press has reported that a delegation of top Taliban officials met with UNOCAL in Texas in December 1997 to discuss the building of the pipeline. Also, the University of Nebraska at Omaha says it has a contract with UNOCAL for nearly $1 million to train workers in Afghanistan specifically for pipeline construction. The training is now underway.

Date: July 21, 1998 1:13 pm
Amy Sheller or Jackie Smith at 213/651-0495
DC Contacts: Christine Onyango & Amber Jamil, (703) 522-2214

Latest News Releases
NewsCenter

Feminist Majority Leads B--Coastal Demonstration At UNOCAL Headquarters In Washington & Los Angeles; Women Protest UNOCAL’s Negotiations With Taliban Regime in Afghanistan, Which Has Imprisoned Women at Home
WASHINGTON/LOS ANGELES - July 21 - In response to continued news reports that California-based UNOCAL is going ahead with plans to build a gas pipeline through Afghanistan, where the Taliban regime has virtually imprisoned women and girls in their homes, the Feminist Majority led protests outside UNOCAL offices in Washington, DC and Los Angeles.

“We are here today to demand that UNOCAL cease all business dealings with the oppressive Taliban regime until women’s and girls’ full human rights have been restored,” said Eleanor Smeal, President of the Feminist Majority. “The Taliban have banished women from almost all life activities -- work, school, and even the simple act of going outside alone. This horrific gender apartheid must be stopped.”

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:36 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
I like Bill but he's tilting at windmills here. There's no liberal who supports or agrees with fundamentalist Islam (or any religious fundamentalism).
I agree here. It seems as though Bill (whom I like as well) is trying to appeal to a larger audience by marginalizing a fairly nominal portion of the left.
Smart move since it strikes the delusional right as being the whole left, while 95% of the left actually agree with him on this.

It wouldn't work as well in reverse where even attacking a kook like Cliven Bundy is met with righteous indignation.

It really speaks to the differences in rationality on both sides.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:32 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
when the conservatives were signing oil and gas deals with them and calling them "staunch allies" and "proud people" and selling them weapons.

Still are. And countries are buying ISIS oil. the buck transcends everything. We've got the Saudis bombing ISIS while still financing the spread of Wahhabism thru the world. In fact isn't even Qatar part of this alliance? The terrorists banker?