bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:14 pm

Hey, remember how when the planet stopped warming for the past twenty years the climate scientologists started insisting that you had to stop saying 'global warming' and start saying 'climate change'?

Now the rotten fucking liars are at it again and they're going to move the goal posts and start using the terms climate emergency, climate crisis, or climate breakdown.

See, the previous buzzwords wore out so now they have to refresh the propaganda and try to make it new again.

And, predictably, the rotten fucking liars will act as if they'd always called it by these new names and they'll treat you like a fool if you point out their previous bullshit. :idea:

https://www.foxnews.com/science/britain ... wn-instead

$1:
Britain's Guardian newspaper tells staff to avoid saying 'climate change,' use 'climate emergency, crisis or breakdown' instead

Britain's Guardian newspaper is officially changing its language concerning climate change, opting to call it instead “climate emergency, crisis or breakdown.”

Editor-in-chief Katharine Viner advised the staff in an email Friday that the phrase “climate change” should be avoided because it “sounds rather passive and gentle’ and doesn’t capture the real threat to humanity.

“We want to ensure that we are being scientifically precise and rooted in facts, while also communicating clearly with readers on this very important issue,” Viner wrote.

The new guidelines also state that a person skeptical about climate change should no longer be described as a “climate skeptic.” Instead, Viner writes, phrases such as “climate science denier” or “climate denier” should be applied.

“Increasingly, climate scientists and organizations from the UN to the Met Office are changing their terminology, and using stronger language to describe the situation we’re in,” she added in the email.

Link to the image of the message:

https://twitter.com/LeoHickman/status/1 ... wn-instead

Rotten fucking liars. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:29 pm

The only liars are the people who think that all the endless reports about the warming planet and the myriad ways that will harm humans and animals is some giant fucking con job. Because scientist after scientist is part of some giant global plot (which no one has ever been able to prove because they can’t) to do ......who even knows anymore. It’s just a nonsensical mantra now. Climate change isn’t real. Climate change isn’t real. Climate change isn’t real.....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:48 pm

Personally, I like the term climate breakdown. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:53 pm

Goes along well with the non-stop (and rapidly accelerating) global mental breakdown of the past couple of years. :|

Last edited by Thanos on Fri May 17, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:53 pm

xerxes xerxes:
The only liars are the people who think that all the endless reports about the warming HEATING planet and the myriad ways that will harm humans and animals is some giant fucking con job. Because scientist after scientist is part of some giant global plot (which no one has ever been able to prove because they can’t) to do ......who even knows anymore. It’s just a nonsensical mantra now. Climate change CRISIS isn’t real. Climate change EMERGENCY isn’t real. Climate change BREAKDOWN isn’t real.....

I updated your post to the current propaganda standard.

Wouldn't want the climate police to come after you. :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:54 pm

raydan raydan:
Personally, I like the term climate breakdown. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:57 pm

The correct word for this hysteria is "dogma".

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:58 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:

R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:59 pm

Everything was roses
when we held on to our guns

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:59 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:

Like the sudden absolute need for yet another "we gotta do something!" kind of war in yet another Muslim country, despite all the evidence to the contrary that no crisis exists at all. :mrgreen:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:01 pm

Thanos Thanos:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

Like the sudden absolute need for yet another "we gotta do something!" kind of war in yet another Muslim country, despite all the evidence to the contrary that no crisis exists at all. :mrgreen:

There may well be a crisis but piling on another crisis in the form of another fucking war in the sandbox is not the solution. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:03 pm

Seems the machinery that's gearing up for another go-round in a desert has an outlook on this that's unfortunately quite different from that of still-rational people. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:08 pm

I get it. I was going to start calling it 'Crisis Climate Change' myself. on my own.

"Climate Change" is neutral. Of course climate changes. It's stupid calling people 'Denier' when you're using the term "Climate Change." Nobody actually denies that.

But call me denier on something you're calling "Crisis Climate Change," now you've got something.

I'll answer, "Hell yeah, I deny 'Crisis Climate Change' until you can show me why I shouldn't."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:18 pm

It wouldn’t matter. You don’t believe the evidence now. What future evidence would you even entertain the thought of possibly believing?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Grow the fuck up, don't mind explaining stuff when you're nine.
You'd think he was referring to the Fox News morons specifically with their predictable prattle/