Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:14 pm

I have been waiting for this movie since 1998. SO EXCITED!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:36 pm

The only thing that can ruin it for me is if they change the end of it away from Ender learning how the Buggers saw it and writing that book.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:36 pm

Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!Can't Wait!

I kinda liked this book :)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:37 pm

jeff744 wrote:
The only thing that can ruin it for me is if they change the end of it away from Ender learning how the Buggers saw it and writing that book.

That was in Speaker for the Dead, wasn't it?

I wonder which series they'd follow if they do sequels?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:38 pm

Unsound wrote:
jeff744 wrote:

That was in Speaker for the Dead, wasn't it?

I wonder which series they'd follow if they do sequels?

Nope, he wrote the book at the very end of EG after he went to the first colony with his sister. SftD was after he wrote the first book and wrote one for his brother and one other book while wandering through space and then settled on that final planet.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Ahh yes, I remember now. I could see them cutting that out, or rather saving it for the beginning of the next one.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:44 pm

Unsound wrote:
Ahh yes, I remember now. I could see them cutting that out, or rather saving it for the beginning of the next one.

I really hope that thy don't, it completes the story in the event that they don't make a second and also completely changes the enemy by humanizing them.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:49 pm

I agree that it's one of the est aspects of the book, but I'm not sure the producers will be able to resist the temptation to end on a more triumphalist note.

If they choose to go a little darker, I'd guess it's more likely to be foreshadowing of what's about to happen with the hegemony.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:52 pm

I just downloaded all of the Ender's Game e-books earlier today. Looking forward to a peaceful weekend of reading them! 8)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:08 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
I just downloaded all of the Ender's Game e-books earlier today. Looking forward to a peaceful weekend of reading them! 8)

[B-o]

You're in for a good weekend.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:16 pm

Nerds. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:47 pm

Enders Game was an awesome book. The ending did surprise me. Now if the movie can capture the book it will fantastic if not , well it will not be the first book Hollywood has ruined.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:55 pm

With that haircut the kid looks like a young Dr. Sheldon Cooper. 8O

It'll be interesting to see if the film takes on the controversial apologetics-for-genocide aspect of the book or leaves it dumbed down into just an action film for summertime movie crowd consumption.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:04 pm

raydan wrote:
Nerds. :roll:

Seriously though, I read Ender's Game over 25 years ago.

Guess I'll have to go back and read it again since changes were made and I don't remember much of the book... after that I'll have to tackle all those sequels.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Thanos wrote:
With that haircut the kid looks like a young Dr. Sheldon Cooper. 8O

It'll be interesting to see if the film takes on the controversial apologetics-for-genocide aspect of the book or leaves it dumbed down into just an action film for summertime movie crowd consumption.

If they turn it into a dumb action movie I'll commit genocide on the producers. :evil:

Pretty sure Card is involved so hopefully they'll get the spirit of the book right atleast.